The Jack Watts in 2018 Thread

Ugottobekidding

Before someone closes the thread, can I get someone with video editing skills to do a Jack Watts with Port version titantron for this entrance theme?

2 hours ago, Bobby McKenzie said:

Please mods close this stupid, meaningless thread. It only gives the Watts haters more opportunity to vent their unbelievable hatred for Jack. He is a Port player now through no fault of his own!  We have had enough on Jack, quite enough.

Nah we want a pound of flesh, that we're paying for.

I wonder if they'll play him back, doing the kickins.  Maybe he could just be a kicker, in the Sanfl.

I don't think he'll necessarily make us pay directly (though it does seem to happen a fair bit with our former players), but I think he could do fairly well at Port. Ironically with Port they turned to water against any formidable opponent whilst smashing lesser teams, whereas we seemed to player well against the better teams but failed to get the job done against teams we should beat. Both teams have mental fragilities, just at different spectrums. 

Will be interesting to see how he does and how the port fans take to him.

On ‎23‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 8:16 AM, Deeprived Childhood said:

Every time Fritsch takes a hanger for us, i will be reminded of what JW made us pay.

big chance that may never happen!

• 4 weeks later...

On 21/11/2017 at 8:09 PM, TheoX said:

I hope he does. Easily in our best 22, matchwinner on his day, (was) the best kick in our side. Deserves success after the [censored] he went through at our club.

If he achieves success, and if he performs harder at Port than he did with us, then it would at least say something about his lack of commitment to MFC.  

He could have with greater sustained effort (if he is really that good) turned around at least 3-4 goals over the entire season 2017 which would have seen us in finals (and probably not in Bali :o) later in September.

• Like 1

He may have a blinder of a year or he may have his usual laconic year with a few highs in between. Overall I am happy he is not in our list. I think the change will do both him and us supporters a favour....When so we name the new whipping boy? I have a feeling it maybe poor Oscar McDonald.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Frustrated Demon said:

He may have a blinder of a year or he may have his usual laconic year with a few highs in between. Overall I am happy he is not in our list. I think the change will do both him and us supporters a favour....When so we name the new whipping boy? I have a feeling it maybe poor Oscar McDonald.

Don't like to recognise this feature of Jack W but must agree...it could well be a laconic outcome in the coming season as he had plenty of opportunity last season to shine consistently. As for OMac, unless he improves at the contest, he will deserve to be a whipping boy amongst a growing consensus of supporter assessment. Unless, of course, he becomes a Casey regular where his alleged potential is further developed.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Petraccattack said:

He would have continued going through the motions at Melbourne. Not pushing himself and coasting.

What he does at Port is irrelevant to us. 

Well said, no longer a Demon, whatever he does is irrelevant

• Like 1

On 22 November 2017 at 1:57 AM, Bobby McKenzie said:

It was a mongrel kick for goal too but it wobbled through. Neitz got a bit excited seconds before the siren and pushed Farmer in the back. Should have kept to his domain that day ,the forward line.

There was a blatant free to us not paid immediately before the Neitz indiscretion.

That was a memorably frustrating loss.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jumping Jack Clennett said:

There was a blatant free to us not paid immediately before the Neitz indiscretion.

That was a memorably frustrating loss.

Yes it definitely was, I blamed Stephen Powell that night for missing that sitter of a snap 20 metres out directly in front late in the last. He put it on the full, could have sealed the game.

Ah, the life of a Melbourne supporter.

On ‎24‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 10:41 PM, Doodle Dee said:

Rename this thread to "Will Bayley Fritsch make Port pay?" 

This. Watch the Casey game where Fritsch and Watts were both playing in the forward line. From memory it went something like Fritsch 4 goals, Watts 1 goal, 2 points.

• Like 2

Apparently earlier today I was in a 'sel-harm' mood and instead of calling lifeline I went through with it and watched the last quarter of the final game against Collingwood.

Jack Watts absolutely stank it up that quarter. From failing to cover his opponent (cost a goal) to spectating and then failing to lay an effective tackle or smother in the goalsquare (cost a goal), to spectating and then arriving too late to affect a contest just outside the square (cost a point, luckily) to fluffing a forward run, to a whole string of really poor body language, it was terrible.

I don't have a personal problem with Jack Watts the way some people seem to, but rewatching his last quarter for us has left me with a much better understanding of why he had to be moved on.

Wishing him all the best (up to a certain point) at Port, and also confident we made the best decision possible at the time.

• Like 5

Inspired by Little Goffys post above i watched the entire R23 game.    ...missed it back then. 

Pies gave it their best. 

IMO Watts’ poor last quater was a bit exaggerated above. 

When we were thrashed in Q1 he was our best player, was good in Q2, maybe still our best by half time,,,  average third and poor last quarters. 

I think the public nature of his unfair MFC treatment foolishly reduced his trade value for us. 

Here’s wishing Jack every success at Port Adelaide!

• Like 1

On 1/2/2018 at 8:34 PM, Emerald said:

This. Watch the Casey game where Fritsch and Watts were both playing in the forward line. From memory it went something like Fritsch 4 goals, Watts 1 goal, 2 points.

Is there any way to review this game by telecast, highlights reel or similar? Like to see this performance, very much.

12 hours ago, Deemania since 56 said:

Is there any way to review this game by telecast, highlights reel or similar? Like to see this performance, very much.

If someone knows what round Emerald is referring to, it may be on the VFL’s YouTube channel. 

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UC0rmkHg_FJhoHCfISDaIqBw

Edited by Ethan Tremblay
  • Thanks 1