2018 Membership Thread

Lucifers Hero

I’m a Victorian member and also received that email. There must be a reason for the selected emailing (I’ve taken up similar offers before and I’m a concession member - whether either of those contributed not sure). 

Go dees!

• Thanks 1

On 18/03/2018 at 12:50 AM, Dr. Gonzo said:

I'll add another one. I rang the membership dept a week and a half ago to clarify whether I had purchased the additional "birthday club" pack for my kids so they would get a birthday card signed by their favourite. All confirmed and advised that the cards would get sent early in the week to ensure its received before my son's birthday which is tomorrow. 

Still hasnt arrived. It's not a big deal because he doesn't know about it but I thought I'd surprise him with it and it's just the fact they can't seem to get things right. I know it's a busy time of year etc and Australia Post is horrible these days but really if it was sent by Tuesday it should've come by Friday at the latest. 

I'm not gonna slam the club/membership dept as it's not that big a deal to me but it's just another example and if it happens to someone else who is not as rusted on it could be another dissatisfier that sees them decide to not renew.

Just an update on this - it came in the mail yesterday (2 days after my son's bday) and was sent express post so not sure when they actually sent it, must've been Friday at the earliest.

The balloons and candles are no use but my son will love the card signed by the players abd the personally autographed pic of Petracca.

16 hours ago, Wunders said:

I’m a Victorian member and also received that email. There must be a reason for the selected emailing (I’ve taken up similar offers before and I’m a concession member - whether either of those contributed not sure). 

Go dees!

If the offers were selectively made, it would make little sense or could be discriminatory in some way.

I'd reckon that it may well have been a sampling to see if members would 'go for it' in any big way. In the medium-term, I would think this ticketing offer could be a great income-generator for the Club and could provide members of the Club addition satisfaction for their money and loyalties. Imagine 10 000 + Members at the 'G for a game in one deluxe area of the ground! This  could occur every home game - all facilitated electronically on the Net - buy tickets cheaply, deliver print-out tickets for Members cheaply, get increased crowds at games - think of the potential for revenues to all aspects of the spectacle of football. Imagine how the Collingwood supporters would feel attending a match against the Mighty Demons at the 'G - and those from Carlscum, Essendrug and Whorethorn. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Deemania since 56 said:

If the offers were selectively made, it would make little sense or could be discriminatory in some way.

I'd reckon that it may well have been a sampling to see if members would 'go for it' in any big way. In the medium-term, I would think this ticketing offer could be a great income-generator for the Club and could provide members of the Club addition satisfaction for their money and loyalties. Imagine 10 000 + Members at the 'G for a game in one deluxe area of the ground! This  could occur every home game - all facilitated electronically on the Net - buy tickets cheaply, deliver print-out tickets for Members cheaply, get increased crowds at games - think of the potential for revenues to all aspects of the spectacle of football. Imagine how the Collingwood supporters would feel attending a match against the Mighty Demons at the 'G - and those from Carlscum, Essendrug and Whorethorn. 

Geez ideas to grow our crowds and income streams - now I like that. 

Go Dees

See other threads:

Linked thread at top of Forum gives a comparison to prior years:

http://demonland.com/forums/topic/43068-membership-tally-2018/

@tallstuey

Mods have merged your thread with this (the general discussion)  thread.

http://demonland.com/forums/topic/43050-2018-membership-thread/

Edited by Lucifer's Hero

You would expect that figure to jump a little again on Sunday.

I think the number is pretty good considering the bitter taste our end to last year left in the mouth.  We would surely be above 40,000 by now if we had of made finals, so this is a fair number all things considered.

I received an email stating my son's and I membership wouldn't arrive in time and to print my tickets via a link. I logged in and followed the prompts, but when the instructions told me to select the "print at home" button, it didn't exist. Has anybody else had this problem.

PS I tried on both a PC and a mac with the same result

Edited by Demon_spurs

6 minutes ago, Demon_spurs said:

I received an email stating my son's and I membership wouldn't arrive in time and to print my tickets via a link. I logged in and followed the prompts, but when the instructions told me to select the "print at home" button, it didn't exist. Has anybody else had this problem.

PS I tried on both a PC and a mac with the same result

in the worst case they will give you a ticket at the mfc tent outside the ground. may be a long queue, but

hope someone else can help with home print prob

• Like 1

Decent queues at the various membership Marquees, so that should give a boost this week.

SATY was there handing out scarfs to eligible members. Well done Saty!

18 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

Decent queues at the various membership Marquees, so that should give a boost this week.

SATY was there handing out scarfs to eligible members. Well done Saty!

Yeah I got mine off him (and Oscar Baker) 

19 hours ago, Deemented Are Go! said:

Yeah I got mine off him (and Oscar Baker) 

Spoke with Oskar on the way to the ground. Looks a fit, strong and keen member for the team, heh? 

Edited by Deemania since 56
spelling a name incorrectly OSKAR
  • Like 1

1,584 ahead of where we were this time last year!  

March has been phenomenal - increased by 5,661 for the month.  Great result of player phone-a-thon, Family Day and round one being at Home and at the G!

Very good chance we will beat last year's record of 42,233.  Final of 44,000 to 45,000 is on the cards!

• Like 6