WELCOME TO THE MELBOURNE FOOTBALL CLUB - BEN BROWN

Dee tention

On 10/31/2020 at 1:10 PM, Deemania since 56 said:

...as well, and you can include the Hawthorn match in that 'manning up' inability. 

Must say I thought I was talking about Tom McDonald. Don’t know how the issue of Oscar marking his opponent crept into this thread . Which of you think that  Weideman  will EVER kick as many goals in a season as Tom did in 2018? Tom was nearly knocked out v Geelong this year, , stayed on the ground though clearly hurt , took a huge pack mark and kicked a goal in the last quarter that started a run which nearly won us the game.Sorry, but I’ve never seen Weideman do any such thing 

On 10/31/2020 at 11:53 AM, Moonshadow said:

I didn't say that. Your outrage is trying to put words into the mouths of others

Weid is worth preserving with. Imo he has more upside than tmac. He's young, still developing and is more important to us long term (with Ben Brown) than tmac

I will agree to disagree with you

No outrage whatever! Just a healthy disagreement.  I don’t regard Weideman as a bad player but I think he has proven to be disappointing. But if Brown, who is purely and simply a FF, comes to Melbourne, where does the Weid play?  He also is a FF. If you say  we have to play Weid at CHF, where does Jackson play? My point is that Tom McD offers much more versatility . Say May breaks a leg in R1 ,Tom can play back , he was a bloody good defender before going forward in 2018

20 hours ago, Roost it far said:

No.....delist

Re Baker-I disagree Roost it.  I respect where you are coming from butmaybe at another club he might have developed and come on sooner...but to me he has had limited opportunities and in a side that has been struggling. I.agree with Deemania. To me he is a "Keep and develop."  He has attributes- maybe Yze could be part of developing him into a complete player and an integral part of the plan and the team. I reckon he has a good, keen attitude and attack on the ball and can find opportunities in crowded space and elsewhere....A bit of thoughtful work with him could pay dividends in my view.

Edited by Demons3031
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Farmer said:

Must say I thought I was talking about Tom McDonald. Don’t know how the issue of Oscar marking his opponent crept into this thread . Which of you think that  Weideman  will EVER kick as many goals in a season as Tom did in 2018? Tom was nearly knocked out v Geelong this year, , stayed on the ground though clearly hurt , took a huge pack mark and kicked a goal in the last quarter that started a run which nearly won us the game.Sorry, but I’ve never seen Weideman do any such thing 

Are you actually saying Oscar is a better player than Weid? Wow... 

From Tom Browne

North Melbourne’s Ben Brown is reportedly set to announce his preferred trade destination, with Melbourne the landing spot.

A report from Channel 7’s Tom Browne indicates Brown will name the Demons as his future home after a nightmare 2020 season with the Kangaroos.

“Trade update. I expect Ben Brown will nominate and end up at Melbourne,” Browne wrote.

• Like 1

Latest from the Scum -

St Kilda submits offer for free agent Brad Crouch as Adelaide hopes for pick two as compensation

“In other trade news, North Melbourne spearhead Ben Brown is expected to nominate Melbourne as his prefered new home to help significantly bolster the Demons’ scoring power.

“The Demons are expected to offer a future second-round pick for Brown.

“But the move will almost certainly end Tom McDonald’s time at Melbourne with the swingman set to seek a new home, potentially at either GWS or Sydney.”

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, MurDoc516 said:

Pick 23 will be pushed back to early thirties with all the compo picks being thrown around

It all gets a bit too complicated for me tbh, but with a fair few academy type picks it also means we may have opportunity trade groups of our picks for higher ones with clubs requiring points though right?

1 hour ago, Demons3031 said:

Re Baker-I disagree Roost it.  I respect where you are coming from butmaybe at another club he might have developed and come on sooner...but to me he has had limited opportunities and in a side that has been struggling. I.agree with Deemania. To me he is a "Keep and develop."  He has attributes- maybe Yze could be part of developing him into a complete player and an integral part of the plan and the team. I reckon he has a good, keen attitude and attack on the ball and can find opportunities in crowded space and elsewhere....A bit of thoughtful work with him could pay dividends in my view.

Whilst that of course would be great I fear you have demon coloured glasses on

12 minutes ago, Roost it far said:

Whilst that of course would be great I fear you have demon coloured glasses on

I can still see that Number 6 of Bluey Adams with red hair passing to Barassi or Big Bob Johnson-or a host of  other great players  Old memories die hard. Maybe my memories  of the great Bluey Adams on the wing are colouring my view (and glasses) Roost It :) 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Demons3031 said:

I can still see that Number 6 of Bluey Adams with red hair passing to Barassi or Big Bob Johnson-or a host of  other great players  Old memories die hard. Maybe my memories  of the great Bluey Adams on the wing are colouring my view (and glasses) Roost It :) 

I think the late Bluey had a lot more talent and grunt than Oskar has displayed and by the way, he played in 6 premierships. Still, I would be happy to see Oskar do half of that in the coming years.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Pickett2Jackson said:

If its true hes getting a 5 year deal at 550k per year thats a bargain despite the contract length.

I spoke to someone who knows intricately the Essendrug offer which is 200 Grand per year MORE than ours ! I wont believe hes ours till he signs on the dotted line. ALSO if Geelong dont get Cameron look out! If he doesnt reveal intenrions in a few days it will be telling?

37 minutes ago, Whispering_Jack said:

I think the late Bluey had a lot more talent and grunt than Oskar has displayed and by the way, he played in 6 premierships. Still, I would be happy to see Oskar do half of that in the coming years.

Yes Bluey had a great career WJ- and didn't seem too damaged by the Des Healey crash. I loved the fact that he could play both wing, with Brian Dixon on the other, as well as roving/forward pocket swapping with Ian Ridley. Those were great days.

Edited by Demons3031
spelling
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Nudge said:

On the topic, Brown will announce his choice to join The Demons sometime in next 24hrs. A massive win for the club and the third main target landed in 3 years. This is significant and most have no idea just how much this helps drive the new game plan 

Cannot wait to see big #50 leading hard in 2021!!!

Certainly hope this optimism re: Brown pans out and quickly, too.