FA & Trade Whispers

Dee-licious

1 hour ago, stuie said:

Yep. Weird trade. Something else must be on the cards for them. Surely...

Oooh, I'll get into the speculation.

Hartlett out. 

Rockliff in, Tippett in.

Ryder and Monfries available again.

Would explain also explain why they think (hope) their 2017 pick will be poor value!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Seraph said:

Not sure what your 22 looks like but Wagner should be nowhere near it. Not a bad player, but clearly depth. 

So pick a side - no need to name it and tell me your next best 5. (Include Hibberd and Melksham).  Bet there's a couple you don't want to leave out.

18 minutes ago, stinga said:

So pick a side - no need to name it and tell me your next best 5. (Include Hibberd and Melksham).  Bet there's a couple you don't want to leave out.

I'll give naming the team a go.

B: Hibberd TMac Jetta

HB: Vince OMac Hunt

C: Stretch Jones Salem

HF: Petracca Hogan Watts

F: Garlett Pedo/Weed Kent

R: Gawn Viney Lewis

I: Brayshaw Tyson Frost Melksham

Oliver unlucky but we have plenty of depth with our mids. 

Harmes, Vanders, Bugg, Kennedy and Wagner would be battling it out to make up the next 5. Depends on positions required of course. 

41 minutes ago, stinga said:

They're at AFL House putting the paperwork in for Lewis.  It's getting scary - In my best 22 I can't find room for Wagner, Salem ,Stretch, Harmes or Brayshaw.  If you do find room for them, then someone just as good misses out.  At last we've got about 10 - 12 guys able to run through the middle.

I know the exercise is getting harder, and I will wait until the end of the trade period to start considering mine, but I just can't see how Brayshaw isn't part of any best 22 on these threads.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Seraph said:

I'll give naming the team a go.

B: Hibberd TMac Jetta

HB: Vince OMac Hunt

C: Stretch Jones Salem

HF: Petracca Hogan Watts

F: Garlett Pedo/Weed Kent

R: Gawn Viney Lewis

I: Brayshaw Tyson Frost Melksham

Oliver unlucky but we have plenty of depth with our mids. 

Harmes, Vanders, Bugg, Kennedy and Wagner would be battling it out to make up the next 5. Depends on positions required of course. 

This young bull is about to explode over the next 24 months so, whilst I value your opinion, I believe you may have cause for a rethink soon enough :cool:

• Like 6

45 minutes ago, PaulRB said:

So we picked him up for a late-40's and late-60s slide of 11 places in the draft in total?

Wow! 

Sale of the century, we effectively got him for nothing.

It looks like exciting times ahead as long as we can keep the band together, some of the automatic selections will have to perform from here on in. If I was Michie or Newton I'd be looking elsewhere, I just can't see how they would fit in.

I hope we can find a home for Dunn and Garland, I'd hate to see them languishing at Casey for another year.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Krazy Jaeger O'Smeara said:

This young bull is about to explode over the next 24 months so, whilst I value your opinion, I believe you may have cause for a rethink soon enough :cool:

No doubt. I'd possibly have him over Brayshaw depending on how he develops. 

7 minutes ago, Seraph said:

No doubt. I'd possibly have him over Brayshaw depending on how he develops. 

Either way, there's going to be massive competition for spots in the 22. And we're already much better placed to handle a run of injuries should it occur.

5 minutes ago, Clint Bizkit said:

Possibly? He is so far ahead of Brayshaw already it's not funny.

Gus had a tough year with constant injuries and concussions. Had an interrupted preseason too. 

Give him a proper preseason and he'll kick on.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, billy2803 said:

I know the exercise is getting harder, and I will wait until the end of the trade period to start considering mine, but I just can't see how Brayshaw isn't part of any best 22 on these threads.

You have obviously forgotten how good Angus is. Look back at his 2015 highlights when he was injury free.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, stinga said:

It's fun picking a side with Lewis, Hibberd and Melksham included, because it means our entire forward line, midfield and flanks will all be unequivocally at or above 'good AFL' standard, and it is just a matter of who gets in on form and development. Bugg, Kennedy, Stretch, Salem, Harmes, Wagner, Vandenberg, Trengove, Weideman and Melksham will all have to show improved form (or fitness/injury relief) to be included.

So, there it is, on paper the only part of the list we might not be confident about going into 2017 is tall defenders. And obviously ruck depth, but that isn't a best 22 debate.

I've got no emotional problems at all with having to find spots for Hibberd and Lewis!

The side is really coming together nicely. My absolute dream would be 2 more players...

1. One more outside mid with speed and deadly delivery

2. A top quality forward/ruck

And there is no way Oliver doesn't make my 2017 team. I don't think a fully fit Oliver will play for Casey again.

• Like 1