Post match Discussion "Fire away"

What

Just now, AdamFarr said:

If the Weed is half as good as Daniher I'll be very happy. He's not the greatest kick, but he's so hard to defend against with his reach. Their quick ball movement helped him too.

This is where Roos got smashed. A million inside mids and absolutely zero spread. They went long every time and he was a target 9/10. Ultimately kicked the winning goal after a bad day in front of goal. 

• Like 1

Well , lucky there's much more to life than footy, especially this mfc shlt kind.

Might come back Monday...might not

A decent red awaits at home

Beyond disappointed, beyond incredulous, not evennumb.

I've reached comfortable indifference, just like the players.

Bye for now

• Like 5

We always seem to go to [censored] when we are favourites. It really pisses me off because it takes away from wins against Geelong, Adelaide, GWS, etc. The players need to step the [censored] up and stop dishing this [censored] up.

• Like 1

What happened? We thought we could just rock up and roll through the motions and bank 4 points.

Essendon broke even with our contested ball winners, and then just ran much much harder. [censored] weak performances from a majority of the side.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, praha said:
Roos was shockingly out-coached today. It's rather astonishing. I laughed every time Daniher marked over 2-3 Melbourne players. He said during the week, "Well, Essendon have a rather short forward line." Woosha absolutely cleaned him up. Why wasn't Dunn playing? Why did Lumumba get a game?

Roos either sorely underestimates this team and has them bog it down, or he overestimates them and thinks they have the capacity to score quickly against a flood.

Two weeks in a row, the opposition has toweld Melbourne up on the transition and getting into space. They play with zero confidence and instead allow the opposition to control the ball across the middle of the ground.

Melbourne just out-Melbourne'd itself. And Paul Roos is front and center there. He lost that game for them today. It should have been a case of run and gun today. Instead, he coached the team directly into the Bombers' hands.

Taking nothing away from Essendon. They stood up and were deserving winners.

I'm not sure that's entirely true. Our blokes didn't work hard enough. You could seenthe Essendon switch coming every time off half back and we were consistently too slow to act. Combine slow thinking with a lack of work rate and you'll see how we got beaten by a third rate opposition. But credit to them, they worked a lot harder.

Edited by AdamFarr
  • Like 1

This is beyond poor!  The club continues to sell false hope and lie to its supporters who stick fat year in and year out

The coaches and players must be be full of [censored], Competitive team my backside! Pea hearted sooks who embarrass their supporters beyond belief.  Essendon whoever they are just have more heart than our mob.  

This is just putrid disgusting and highly embarrassing.  Set us back for the remainder of 2016 as the laughing stock.

Screw you Melbourne!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Leoncelli_36 said:

Woke up reading all the flogs on here banging on about how much we would win by..i was worried when i saw we had them 1st up on the G..was always going to happen..they were going to getthemselves up..we..we sat around back slapping our performance last week. Roos picked a twrrible side..frost or dunn had to play..not Harry 'I take on the world' Labamba...i threw my scarf at the coaches box at the siren...made me feel better. Haha. Geeezus H christ

Bit tough calling posters flogs because they were optimistic about a win. If only we all had your wisdom.

Edited by Ethan Tremblay
  • Like 7

7 minutes ago, praha said:
Roos was shockingly out-coached today. It's rather astonishing. I laughed every time Daniher marked over 2-3 Melbourne players. He said during the week, "Well, Essendon have a rather short forward line." Woosha absolutely cleaned him up. Why wasn't Dunn playing? Why did Lumumba get a game?

Roos either sorely underestimates this team and has them bog it down, or he overestimates them and thinks they have the capacity to score quickly against a flood.

Two weeks in a row, the opposition has toweld Melbourne up on the transition and getting into space. They play with zero confidence and instead allow the opposition to control the ball across the middle of the ground.

Melbourne just out-Melbourne'd itself. And Paul Roos is front and center there. He lost that game for them today. It should have been a case of run and gun today. Instead, he coached the team directly into the Bombers' hands.

Taking nothing away from Essendon. They stood up and were deserving winners.

I agree with most this. Also thought Lamumba and an underdone Brayshaw were glaring mistakes. 

We fumbled the ball all day and didn't adjust to their tactics.... All day. 

Something I did note last week was Goodwin seemed to somewhat take the reins in the last quarter.

That didn't happen today........

Edited by DeeMfc
  • Like 1

Gutless filthy non trying swines , embarrassed once again this like a girl that drinks to much you have to give them the flick

14 minutes ago, Clintosaurus said:

Today's performance stunk worse than one of my dog's turds.

Nah, dogs are special, kind and give back so much more than they take Clint. They also cover their own turds. Every dog also has Its day. Something I doubt we will ever be able to say about the MFC

• Like 1

Perfect opportunity to play Billy Stretch and add some ourside run. But what do we do? Bring in another slow inside made who hardly touched it today.

Are we ever going to learn?

I really beleive that The club needs to make a statement at Selection this week.

If that means dropping A half dozen or more players who perenially are too easily satisfied and have shown similar tendencies throughout then so be it! 'If Roos thinks competetin for places is strong then so be it play kids with passion

From what it appears we still lack midfield run and multiple targets up forward. Our defense was also rag dolled!

So these guys should come under  strong consideration next week

WEIDERMAN

WHITE

DUNN

TRENGOVE

PETRACCA ( HONEYMOON PERIOD IS OVER)

HUNT

STRETCH

POSSIBLY EVEN TERLICH!

IN THE GUN

BUGG

MC DONALD ( I'M SICK OF HIS LACK OF AWARENESS AND SHITHOUSE DISPOSAL)

TYSON

HARMES

M JONES ( IS AND WILL ONLY EVER BE A VFL PLAYER)

LAMUMBA ( FINISHED)

KENT

Plus we need to mix our players up in different roles. Salem goes forward etc!

Edited by picket fence
  • Like 1

A few things:

when we do well this year it has been Goodwins influence. Now we serve up a pile of steaming turd and it is Roos fault.  It's the whole coaching group, good and bad. 

Losing today cuts deep. Sherry has always said that Melbourne are soft and a poor excuse for a football club, he would have been delighted to have the opportunity to round up the troops today for their big show of faith. And he saw another classic Melbourne failure. 

We can't handle expectation at all. I have been worried about outer slow starts all year, today we did it again, and fear of failure was evident. 

Mer got beaten by a team that had no one of quality in it, except for Daniher who did his best to keep us in it with bad kicking. We should have lost by more.

Jack Viney was interviewed pre game and they asked if winning two in a row was a big thing. He said it was. Well, we need to start again. Winning two straight should never be a big thing for a half reasonable club. 

God I feel flat. North will be licking their lips! 

• Like 5

It's amazing the way this club sucks you in, begging supporters they're earning back your respect after years of becoming numb. Then every year they find a new way to break your heart and [censored] down your throat. This is just the first of many this year, I'm frankly astonished we didn't lose in the last 5 seconds last week.

• Like 1

I left the ground extremely disappointed last week even though we won. The cracks in the execution of game plan and game plan were glaring in the middle two qtrs. 

This week was the same yet we added laziness and softness to the mix. Disaster. 

This is a shameful and embarrassing result. As the OP said this is worse than 186 in many ways given where we are supposed to be at.

This team has clearly got ahead of themselves and that game was lost above the shoulders.

Let's compare this to last week's first qtr. Players were relentless in pressure, guys like Jack Watts were doing blind turns and taking the game on. This week, Essendon's stand as one lifted that whole playing group. They were pumped, and we needed to match that intensity. Instead, we were just pedestrian like. A Sunday stroll. No pressure, no close checking, no defensive acts.

Given the whole playing group was affected. The blame has to go to Roos. Just as Ross Lyon took the blame last week. He failed to prepare them.

• Like 4

Posters bagging Lumumba and M.Jones but not saying anything about Viney, Brayshaw, Kent, Hogan, Garland, McDonald and vandenBerg who were all poor today... It's like you just copy and paste the same names without actually watching the game.

I would drop Hogan after his effort and attitude today. Can't baby him anymore, if he's going to sook and never give a second effort then he can learn better habits at Casey for a few weeks.

• Like 13

35 minutes ago, picket fence said:

I'm getting in first. This is the worst defeat in ten years ! Worse even than the demolition job the Cats did on us At Skilled Stadium in the Bailey years.

We were and are  PUTRID! Too many players far too easily pleased! Chuffed we were about last week! Yeah that was our equivalent of winning a Premiership!

Let this sink in! We lost to a team of Top ups! What a absolute disgrace we are, Can we possibly get some players that actually will Bleed for the jumper!??

Poor coaching and poor selections contribute. You reap what yiou sow! The embarrasment I feel is is palpable!

What he said ^^^

why Lamumba gets a game in front of the 200 CENTIMETRE FROST IS AS BAD AS NOT PICKING STUART MACGILL IN THE 05 ASHES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2