THE BOMBERS' SWISS ADVENTURE

Whispering_Jack

7 hours ago, M_9 said:

That's not comedy. This is comedy: Bruce Francis's reply to Rita Panahi

Cringeworthy. Every sycophantic, delusional word of it.

Francis is the sort of bloke that sensible, intelligent people are embarrassed by, and avoid at all costs in a group situation. Just a nutjob of the highest order.

The fact that many of the simpletons out Essendon way celebrate his every word, like he is some sort of all-knowing deity, is evidence enough that essedon attracts some of the lowest forms of humanity as its supporters.

The class idiot, jumping up and down, arms flailing, shouting "look at me everyone, look at me"!!!

• Like 3

10 hours ago, DemonFrog said:

Does anyone know where Lance Uppercut has gone?

He is one of the very few Ess supporters to accept the CAS decision:  From his bf post:  "...And yeah, I've been pretty open about the fact I think the CAS probably came to the right decision, but got there in a very strange way..." 

While he was challenging I always thought he argued his case well (albeit unconvincingly), without hyperbole or offending on DL. Kudos to him for taking it on the chin.

Edited by Lucifer's Hero
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, M_9 said:

Such wit from Bruce.

Makes it Bruce F-wit

55 minutes ago, bing181 said:

Actually, I couldn't find it funny. More ... tragic. The guy has some serious problems.

Unreadable and disturbing.

Agree. The guy is unhinged.

I don't know why they take him on on bigfooty. It doesn't do their cause any good, and can't be healthy for him.

• Like 3

On 2/6/2016 at 8:53 PM, daisycutter said:

i've always suspected that the players must have known or suspected that they were being given illegal substances but preferred deliberately to be kept in a state of plausible denial

their secrecy, inaction and solidarity only reinforce this. i don't buy the innocence (at least collectively) and "we wuz duped" claims

I bought into the innocence and being duped up until the time it was revealed that on 30 occasions when the players filled out forms for routine testing, to a man, they all omitted to declare the program. If they truly believed that what they were taking was fine then you declare it on the testing form as you have nothing to hide. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, nutbean said:

I bought into the innocence and being duped up until the time it was revealed that on 30 occasions when the players filled out forms for routine testing, to a man, they all omitted to declare the program. If they truly believed that what they were taking was fine then you declare it on the testing form as you have nothing to hide. 

That was the clincher for most people nut.

I had them drawn and quartered years ago. But I am not the forgiving type. Now I want the whole club keel hauled. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, M_9 said:

Love this particular comment:

"Forget the legal experts, they know bugger all"

Well Brucey Baby you should listen to our legal experts right here in DL.

The advice is free and more like to be right then that awful President of the Dogs and any Drug Lords lawyers.

• Like 1

lol this guy has lost it:

"The photo attached to your story implies that the 34 Essendon players are sub-human. In mywildest dreams I couldn’t imagine that someone had so much hatred in their heart towards theEssendon players to allow such a depiction to be linked to the story."

It's a play on see no evil, speak no evil, hear no evil. How can he not see that?

"The irony is you are so stupid I suspect that you have given the players an opportunity to prove their innocence in an Australian court. If the players don’t sue you and your newspaper for a sum that ensures you will have to defend the case in court, then they don’t deserve our support or sympathy."

What does this even mean? Seriously.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, nutbean said:

Can't say I ever bought their pack of lies. They knew then, they know now and still they want exoneration !! F the lot of them.

Cheats....and lying ones

Edited by beelzebub
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Choke said:

lol this guy has lost it:

"The photo attached to your story implies that the 34 Essendon players are sub-human. In mywildest dreams I couldn’t imagine that someone had so much hatred in their heart towards theEssendon players to allow such a depiction to be linked to the story."

It's a play on see no evil, speak no evil, hear no evil. How can he not see that?

"The irony is you are so stupid I suspect that you have given the players an opportunity to prove their innocence in an Australian court. If the players don’t sue you and your newspaper for a sum that ensures you will have to defend the case in court, then they don’t deserve our support or sympathy."

What does this even mean? Seriously.

Means he's an idiot

Edited by beelzebub
  • Like 3

"Dear M/s PanahiI

didn’t think I’d ever come across someone with the hatred you obviously hold for the Essendon players. To my regret,when I read your trash, I stoop to your level.

Yours sincerely

Bruce Francis

he needs to get out more often........

Man oh man Francis is out there. Loved this line:

'I am delighted that you have read my response to CAS’s 16 strands in the cable. I am the only one who knows enough to pick up misrepresenting the evidence.

and this: 

'Forget the legal experts, they know bugger all. They may have worked a few hundred hours on the project. I have worked for over 10,000 hours on it. You know I have torn apart the CAS verdict and WADA and ASADA but you haven’t the guts to say so.

Now that my fellow posters is pure comedy gold.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, rjay said:

Appropriately he posts on something called TWITdoc.

I saw that.......gold 

33 minutes ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

Because I want to get to the truth. You know, all that evidence he's got which will clear the players. 

I wonder why they not used this evidence before now?

34 minutes ago, jnrmac said:

He needs to get out more often........

I was thinking they ought to let him out less !! :rolleyes:

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

Because I want to get to the truth. You know, all that evidence he's got which will clear the players. 

patience grasshopper. just anudda coupla years. buy popcorn. lol

Edited by daisycutter

11 hours ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:
11 hours ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

Does anyone know when the first of Stephen Dank's legal actions are due to be heard in court? 

I think the first of Dank's court actions began some years ago following the NRL decision. He issued something like 10 defamation suits against 8 media organisations or individuals including Cronulla, the NRL, Dave Smith (former NRL CEO), Demetriou and so on. Some were withdrawn (the latter?).

About the only ones that has been reported on is his recent win ($50,000) against News Ltd and an appeal against a Cronulla case that he'd lost: http://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/nrl/stephen-dank-loses-doping-defamation-appeal/news-story/38e8ae37fade9e4392f7862f3fb21e24

I guess that unless you trawl all the court lists across the country we won't know the details of all his writs.

• Like 2

Just read most of the Francis article, not only is he wrong on some points of law he makes some incredible claims about misconduct by ASADA and WADA which may well find him in trouble. 

If anyone cared about his opinion he would be in a world of pain from the public with his sexist and demeaning comments about Rita. 

Such a pity he sounds like he knows what he is talking about as the gullibles will believe him!

• Like 1