Cam Pedersen re-signs for 2016

Lucifers Hero

Played twice as many games this year as Pedo (who is also a year older than Dawes).

#PedoMyths

#DawesMyths

Way too critical of pedo there considering he had a season ending injury to dawes who we carried along..

So of course Dawes was always going to player more games then anyone whos season is over middle of the year.

We have signed up a back up role player for another year - the good clubs do this too.

And I don't see a great many 'Very Excited' people in this thread - just people acknowledging a solid decision by the club and the continuation of a fledgling career.

Its not like they gave him a 3 year gig is it.

Our team wont morph into a premiership one overnight or even after this next trade/draft. Its a work in progress and whilst there is progress you still need to fill roles, until you get someone better, or more accomplished/seasoned etc

I really do hate to prove how out of touch stuie is but these are the stats comparing Dawes and Pedersen.. In his 7 games this year its quite clearly Pedo still had a bettetr year then that Dinosaur Dawes.. its a sad reality and proves how bad Dawes really is and how important Pedo could still be when fit and firing.

post-134-0-22592000-1443145179_thumb.png

Edited by dazzledavey36

Dawes has only a few years left, Pedersen is his cover.

We continue the search for their medium and long term replacements.

And, listening to Jesse Hogan, it's quite obvious who of Dawes and Pedersen he prefers in Hogans Forwardline ©...

Whats the date where you are right now?

Dawes is cooked?

Also the rest of the file wont load but it also shows Pedo had more inside 50s and less time on ground then Dawes.

Pedersen is a better player then Dawes. Simple reallly

To play the Devil's advocate here dazzle... does one season make you a better player than someone else?

If Dom Tyson had a better year statistically than, say, Nathan Jones, does that make him a better player than him? He might have had the better year, but that doesn't make him a better player. If Pedersen had played the entire year then those stats would be more useful as we would have a larger scope for comparing between the two.

I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you, more than your assertion that Pedersen is a better player and that it's 'simple really' is not as simple as you make it out to be.

would he get a game at a top 4 club? Absolutely not. So how is it a 'solid decision'? Just another NQR soaking up games IMO

No one is saying he's a star but he's a better option than Dawes. What young up and coming KPF do we have?

Also the rest of the file wont load but it also shows Pedo had more inside 50s and less time on ground then Dawes.

Pedersen is a better player then Dawes. Simple reallly

No he didn't. Dawes had 2.9 inside 50s to Pedo's 2.0

Also Dawes averaged 88.9% time on ground to Pedo's 82.

Geez now you're even making up stats for him... #PedoMyths

To play the Devil's advocate here dazzle... does one season make you a better player than someone else?

If Dom Tyson had a better year statistically than, say, Nathan Jones, does that make him a better player than him? He might have had the better year, but that doesn't make him a better player. If Pedersen had played the entire year then those stats would be more useful as we would have a larger scope for comparing between the two.

I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you, more than your assertion that Pedersen is a better player and that it's 'simple really' is not as simple as you make it out to be.

That's the point I'm trying to make here.

Averages go down the larger the sample size. Pedo played 7 games, Dawes played 14. To say Pedo is a better player because he averages 0.7 more disposals (or some other stat with a tiny difference) is a completely shallow analysis. Of course, that's not even considering the fact that averages don't make you a good player, Dawes is in the leadership group, Dawes is fitter and covers more ground and is younger.

They way some are going on about Pedo you'd think we wouldn't even need Hogan anymore.

No he didn't. Dawes had 2.9 inside 50s to Pedo's 2.0

Also Dawes averaged 88.9% time on ground to Pedo's 82.

Geez now you're even making up stats for him... #PedoMyths

Actually my mistake i got rebounds from 50s which i mucked up.

Averages go down the larger the sample size.

That is a false assumption without logic

If he plays the same, the average is the same.

The greater the sample the more 'accurate' possibly the result is, but you cant say that number would be greater, the same or less unless those games are actually played.

The average is what it is

• Like 2

I just compared career stats and Pedo still fairly outweighs him. And yet he has played 50 plus less games then Dawes.

Don't know much clear i can paint much the picture that Pedo impacts the game far better then Dawes. If Pedersen was was at the same 100 game mark i can bet every dollar his stats would just blow Dawes out of the water and his contribution to the club would be alot more superior then what that plodder has given us.

Edited by dazzledavey36

That is a false assumption without logic

If he plays the same, the average is the same.

The greater the sample the more 'accurate' possibly the result is, but you cant say that number would be greater, the same or less unless those games are actually played.

The average is what it is

Well he's old and not very fit and in 2014 he started ok and as the season went on he got dropped, so I'm comfortable with saying his averages would have gone down.

I just compared career stats and Pedo still fairly outweighs him. And yet he has played 50 plus less games then Dawes.

Don't know much clear i can paint much the picture that Pedo impacts the game far better then Dawes. If Pedersen was was at the same 100 game mark i can bet every dollar his stats would just blow Dawes out of the water.

Dawes has a premiership, Pedo was traded by North for Gysberts.

Seriously, the Pedo overrating is getting out of control now.

Dawes has a premiership, Pedo was traded by North for Gysberts.

Seriously, the Pedo overrating is getting out of control now.

Mitch Morton has a premiership, shannon Motlop, Trent West, Steven Armstrong.. and now put Dawes on that list.

Its not getting out of control. Infact its more of a proud moment considering his career with us didn't start off well and he was a wipping boy. He has worked incredibly hard to win back the respect of all us (except you) and he dserves another year because he showed this year that when given a good run at it he can play an important role and actually teamed up well with Hogan.

I don't need to say any more on Dawes other then he has been a major disappointment considering what we paid and gave up for him.

Edited by dazzledavey36

Gysberts has better stats averages though, although he's played less games.... Hmmmmm wonder what that means?

Your now comparing midfielder vs a forward.. FMD you have now officially gone into damage control.

My work here is mission accomplish.

Edited by dazzledavey36