Lachlan Plowman

TheoX

Plowman hasn't reached his potential yet and could still carve out a career. My concern is that we have toumpas who has yet to come on, do we want another on the list in the "will he or won't he make it" basket? I think footballers who were dominant juniors are always worth a look, but I think he won't come cheap and we aren't in a position to pay market value or above on a player that may or may not cut it.

Would like to buy low, but think he will move to another club for market value.

Our backline probably remains our strength, and we have Frost, O McDonald, Stretch and others to possibly slot in at any time. So, there is really only room for Plowman if one of Garland or Howe is traded out, and even then he would not be assured a start.

He wouldn't fit into our midfeild structure as it needs only one more like Petracca or Trengove, plus a genuine A grade outside skillful player, to start looking good so Plowman won't fit in there.

Probably best to overlook Plowman and look elsewhere.

One has gone, another's going and while Whitfield gets regular games, he's pretty inconsistent and arguably well behind any of picks 5 through to 9 in that draft:-

5. Jake Stringer

6. Jackson Macrae

7. Ollie Wines

8. Sam Mayes

9. Nick Vlastuin

And of course, we know where 4's at right now.

There's no way known that Whitfield is behind Mayes or Vlastuin, let alone well behind. He's next in line behind the big three from that draft.

As for Plowman, he's shown very little to get excited over. I however don't think we are necessarily all sorted down back, certainly not all sorted forward, and with the prototype modern midfielder being the size of Cripps and Fyfe, there are few restrictions on where they could end up playing.

• Like 2

They must be delisting half their list with all the players they are chasing.

Or they don't rate this draft at all.

Or that they rated these kids when they were drafted highly and lack of opportunity has made them available at what they perceive to be a bargain.

Or all of the above.

Or they don't rate this draft at all.

Or that they rated these kids when they were drafted highly and lack of opportunity has made them available at what they perceive to be a bargain.

Or all of the above.

I thought I may as well link their name to Plowman considering they are linked to every other play in the existence of the AFL.

I was speaking to Plowman's brother when out last weekend (have a mutual friend) and asked if Lachie was any chance to come to the Dees. He played a straight bat and said he is still contracted with GWS but said there is now way he would come to the Dees. He didn't elaborate too much but did say he' not a fan of Todd Viney.

Edited by The team we love

If Howe and Garland both left it would make some sense to target him, but we have a plethora of mid-sized defenders which I think Plowman fits into, and I can't see the need for his services.

garlo doesn't have more than 2 seasons, probably one, with us as we step right into the youth policy... he will be a list clogger from this time next year at Melbourne, because of our rebuild & progression.

he would do much better for himself to take an offer elsewhere, now, rather than miss the boat as it were.

I was speaking to Plowman's brother when out last weekend (have a mutual friend) and asked if Lachie was any chance to come to the Dees. He played a straight bat and said he is still contracted with GWS but said there is now way he would come to the Dees. He didn't elaborate too much but did say he' not a fan of Todd Viney.

Probably because Todd told him there was no way we were going to draft him back in 2012 maybe?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.