• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Lay off Jack Watts...

hardtack

Jack has got to concentrate on watching the ball in the air.

When he has hold of the ball he has great skill

But when it is in the air he is plain nervous.

Can that be eliminated from his game???

Not fair, or true.

Watts took 109 marks last season, ranking him fifth in the side.

He is dropping sitters and missing easy targets right now because he is down on confidence,

• Like 1

Not fair, or true.

Watts took 109 marks last season, ranking him fifth in the side.

He is dropping sitters and missing easy targets right now because he is down on confidence,

Because he is not watching the ball

100%

grazman, on 25 Apr 2015 - 1:37 PM, said:

If you listen carefully to the commentary last night the Duck made a comment about Watts dropping his head again... and stated that you can get away with it one or two times in your career, but not every week. The mark he dropped on the HFF (while a wet ball, and understandable) involved a last minute duck of the head. In the GWS game and against Adelaide he crashed the pack, but the issue here is that he's never, ever going to take those marks. He'd be a much better player in a top four side, but in a side that's battling for credibility his deficiencies are being laid bare.

Sorry grazman......./........He did not duck his head.....The ball was very slippery........If you care to look a few minutes later Cross did exactly the same thing

Yet not one mention by commentators, posters on here, Why? Because we watch Watts like a hawk and can't wait to dump on him so we can feel better about ourselves and state to all and sundry that we were right......This is getting to be an obsession by some.

• Like 2

Because he is not watching the ball

100%

One thing I have noticed with Watts is the amount of times he takes his eyes off the ball.It's one of the fundamentals of football that is taught to under 10's but Watts time and time again runs down the ground oblivious to where the ball is.It makes him look like a retard when the ball is kicked to him and he is looking the other way.
  • Like 1

14 possession......7 contested........3 marks.....3 clearances........4 tackles.....9 pressure acts....4 goal involvements....2 goal assists

On a vey shitty night where the ball was like a cake of soap

• Like 7

Because we watch Watts like a hawk and can't wait to dump on him so we can feel better about ourselves and state to all and sundry that we were right.....

Please stop this nonsense. Because that's what it is. Complete and utter nonsense.

If you can't contribute to the discussion without making these sort of stupid insinuations then leave it to others.

• Like 2

Sorry grazman......./........He did not duck his head.....The ball was very slippery........If you care to look a few minutes later Cross did exactly the same thing

Yet not one mention by commentators, posters on here, Why? Because we watch Watts like a hawk and can't wait to dump on him so we can feel better about ourselves and state to all and sundry that we were right......This is getting to be an obsession by some.

The rain was sheeting down at that point. It was still drizzly when in the last he clunked the slippery pill on the lead and held despite the push that gave him 50 (and a goal). But i guess that doesn't suit the narrative some 'fans' prefer.

For the record he took 3 marks, as many as Jamar and Howe and more than Dawes, Garland and Tyson (who had 0). He also laid 4 tackles, the same number of tackles as Cross and more than half the team including fellow forwards Dawes and Hogan

edit: i was supporting your comments Bossdog not disagreeing

Edited by binman
  • Like 3

Please stop this nonsense. Because that's what it is. Complete and utter nonsense.

If you can't contribute to the discussion without making these sort of stupid insinuations then leave it to others.

Oh please.......How many threads have we had about Watts? Much more than any other player.. Your opinion is taken on board

14 possession......7 contested........3 marks.....3 clearances........4 tackles.....9 pressure acts....4 goal involvements....2 goal assists

These are the figures the coaching panel worry about, not how soft 'fans' and dimwitted commentators asses him to be.

7 contested possessions? I'll be that is more than at least half the team.

4 Goal involvements, 2 goal assists and his own goal? In a low scoring game? Again as i have said before he is by far our most significant player in terms of involvement in goals and directly creating them.

For a team that struggles to kick 100 points he is vital to our set up. Depends what you want but i prefer we win games so i prefer Watts in the side. I think i'm right to assume Roos does as well.

Edited by binman
  • Like 4

ie- If you won't Watts bash then don't post...

yeah not his greatest night, every time the ball went near him it was a bad result for the team.

Jamar was the same in the first half but really applied himself in the second... which pleasingly was one of the factors behind our win.

Whilst Watts is embarrassing 50% of the time, the elusive promise of his best is enough to keep him in for at least another week.

Ethan Tremblay, on 25 Apr 2015 - 10:59 AM, said:snapback.png

Pedersen was emergency for last nights game. IF Watts was to have a spell in the VFL I'd be suggesting Pedersen and not Grimes to replace.

far too logical....desist

not necessarily. like for like it could be so if Jetta goes out, it could be grimes or Terlich?

If watts went out it could be Pederson or Toumpas?

if Howe goes out it could be Grimes, or Lamumba goes back & another runner like Bail or Toumpas come in?

rubbish bossdog, your generalizing.

I can vouch that at least not all, 'just want to dump-on someone' for the sake of it. some people actually want-to effect change for the better!!! dumping-on is a frivolous pursuit. & a waste of time, & is not creating anything; but rather taking away from.

some people are protesters & stirrers, trying to get action & change. that is to create the environment where change hopefully will occur. people like me... maybe not all do this, but I feel quite a few try to help change take place.

• Like 2

You guys seriously must sit there and watch every little thing he does. I didn't think Newton was that great last night he did OK but I don't see anyone giving it to him. You are fixated on his draft number which this club needs to get over. It's just a number and shouldn't change the way we assess any player.

Most of us have gotten over what number he was taken. According to many on here we are no chance the next 3 weeks so it's a perfect opportunity to swap him for Pedo. Watts can go back on work on a few areas of his game.
  • Like 2

Was at the game last night and thought Watts was pretty average and deserved a bit of flack. However, I just finished watching the replay and thought he actually did pretty well despite the couple of errors he made. He provided a good contest in the forward line and was pretty handy as the third man up a few times. Was involved in a couple of scores as well.

As the stats show, Watts is playing his role which is why Roos isn't dropping him. People need to look a little deeper than a few clangers and actually assess whether the player is playing their part or not.

• Like 2

These are the figures the coaching panel worry about, not how soft 'fans' and dimwitted commentators asses him to be.

7 contested possessions? I'll be that is more than at least half the team.

4 Goal involvements, 2 goal assists and his own goal? In a low scoring game? Again as i have said before he is by far our most significant player in terms of involvement in goals and directly creating them.

For a team that struggles to kick 100 points he is vital to our set up. Depends what you want but i prefer we win games so i prefer Watts in the side. I think i'm right to assume Roos does as well.

well Roosy said last night after the game, that the fans want to see 'effort'... was one of his staples. & this is right. no one hangs watts for not starring, but the lack of effort & desire apparent in his style.

the people want to rest assured that HE will go in, HE will chase, HE will tackle, HE will contest physically, HE will block, HE will shepherd, HE will get down for the hard ball.

I noticed he was on hands & knees last night on at least one occasion, showing some desperation. This is what needs to be evident all the time, his desire & his efforts.

Edited by dee-luded
  • Like 2

Yes stu, CLEARLY, that's what I was saying.

Aren't you due for your next hiatus?

Hahaha not only trying to get people kicked out of threads because they disagree with you, but now out of Demonland too... So tough

well Roosy said last night after the game, that the fans want to see 'effort'... was one of his staples. & this is right. no one hangs watts for not starring, but the lack of effort & desire apparent in his style.

the people want to rest assured that HE will go in, HE will chase, HE will tackle, HE will contest physically, HE will block, HE will shepherd, HE will get down for the hard ball.

I noticed he was on hands & knees last night on at lest one occaison showing some desperation. This is what needs to be evident all the time, his desire & his efforts.

This guy gets it.

Spot on DL.

Hahaha not only trying to get people kicked out of threads because they disagree with you, but now out of Demonland too... So tough

Trying to get people kicked out of threads? I've done nothing of the sort. I enjoy Boss's posts. I just reject the insinuation that was made about personal gain from being critical of aspects of Watts' game. It's simply not true. Not in my case.

You're welcome to stay. I just thought maybe you were due again to leave the site in a huff because you hate Demonland.

Happy Anzac Day stu!

• Like 1

I agree... well sort of. The comment was from Wayne Carey who went into bat for him 24 hrs previously. I've watched the incident about 6 times now (courtesy of the replay) and the issue is that Jack drops his head just as the ball hits his hands rather than watching it until the mark is completed. Yes the ball was exceptionally slippery*, and in this instance it wasn't because he was expecting any contact, but its clearly a fault in his game. He drops far too many marks and I'm not sure whether this is a 'technical' thing that can be corrected or a lack of confidence or simply a fear of physical contact. Whether people like it or not he'll be continually criticised for it until he can fix the problem.

* I'm not suggesting he should have marked it, but even on a dry day this makes marking the ball harder than it should be.