Melbourne's new TV Commercial

rpfc

I think they have nailed the Melbourne City/Club connection. It is the first time in my lifetime that I have seen it properly articulated to a wider audience. There are not too many things that other supporters need to be jealous of the MFC about but our name is one of them.

Could be the start of good things to come.

• Like 2

Fair call but the real challenge would be to make the link between a fluffy ad on an aeroplane and convert into a membership.

Many an ad campaign has been made "fluffy" feel good.

See this 3-4 times on a long haul flight to melbourne and the Red & Blue will be remembered. A lot of passengers fly here and back in six months.

• Like 1

Was nice to see they included the reminder that it was us who wrote the rules. So, the MFC aren't just another footy club. We ARE footy, and footy is us!

• Like 5

I thought it was good but a bit disappointed that Viney and co were wearing street gear rather than the Blazers.

In seriousness this sort of branding coupled with winning will help us attract a chunk of the 30,000+ people moving to Melbourne every year.

• Like 3

I thought it was good but a bit disappointed that Viney and co were wearing street gear rather than the Blazers.

In seriousness this sort of branding coupled with winning will help us attract a chunk of the 30,000+ people moving to Melbourne every year.

Yep. 1,000 plus people are moving to Melbourne every week

Figures i was shown last year.

I think they have nailed the Melbourne City/Club connection. It is the first time in my lifetime that I have seen it properly articulated to a wider audience. There are not too many things that other supporters need to be jealous of the MFC about but our name is one of them.

Could be the start of good things to come.

Playing home games interstate and being affiliated to Casey (wherever that is) doesn't help the club with identifying with the Melbourne brand.

• Like 1

I hope things will start to swing back our way before long. There are a lot of people trying very hard to put some respect and greatness back into our footy club. I like this ad - I don't usually like them, as they're often full of puff, but this one hits the right note between humility and ambition.

• Like 3

I like it.

Now lets connect with winning :)

• Like 1

Many an ad campaign has been made "fluffy" feel good.

See this 3-4 times on a long haul flight to melbourne and the Red & Blue will be remembered. A lot of passengers fly here and back in six months.

Exactly right. Many of the companies I deal with are back and forth to China every month for many reasons (both business and social).

Now for the most important part to achieve next... winning games regularly and then winning constantly.

Team that constantly loses with great international ad = nothing.

Team that wins regularly with great international ad = building a following.

• Like 1

As a club theme, I quite like the 30 sec. version.

But a connection to the big sponsors, the full version is pretty much on the spot.

We just now have to live up to the hype.

GO DEES!

• Like 1

WHAAAAT?!
People getting tattoos?
Men drinking domestically produced beer?!!!
Grafitti?!

Footage of someone riding a skateboard?!
People under the age of 60?!
And lastly....
No f***en footage from the 50's? What kind of cockamamie ad is this? As was mentioned before, they didn't even wear the blazers! How can we reconnect with our heritage and coo over our history with this kind of poppycock? :blink::mad::lol::rolleyes:

WHAAAAT?!

People getting tattoos?

Men drinking domestically produced beer?!!!

Grafitti?!

Footage of someone riding a skateboard?!

People under the age of 60?!

And lastly....

No f***en footage from the 50's? What kind of cockamamie ad is this? As was mentioned before, they didn't even wear the blazers! How can we reconnect with our heritage and coo over our history with this kind of poppycock? :blink::mad::lol::rolleyes:

Don't forget they didn't even commission the bugler

Don't forget they didn't even commission the bugler

Well spotted chookrat. Tinny trumpet music would have provided a haunting backdrop for an ad that would have reminded us of our role as custodians of the game and our connection to all of Melbourne's 4 major private denominational schools.

Who wants to head to Fed Square now for a march on AAMI Park right damn now? Plus, PJ hasn't launched his own vlog where he gets to blow his own trumpet for 10 minutes about how ingenious his plans are. What kind of amateurs are running our club?

Kidding aside, it's a start. It's the first ad campaign I have seen since I have been a supporter that isn't A) Corny or B) W**ky. It's not Stanley Kubrick style stuff but at least we are trying to grow our club somewhat.

Edited by Colin B. Flaubert

To be played on China Southern Airlines flights to Melbourne?

That is where i would target this

I like it.

We must represent our City.

Yep. We should've been flogging the city connection for years. THAT'S our brand. We are the genesis of football, and thus the AFL. We ARE why football even exists. Sounds like grandstanding, and other club supporters will hate it, but it's a truth that should be in any non team committed persons face. New arrivals, visitors, whatever.

Oh dear, does this mean if I not from Melbourne I need to find another Club to support?

PS I not from Melbourne.

They never get it right !

What we really need is footage to inspire not only the Melbourne Football Club Players to actually make them want to win games but at the same time inspires supporters to get out there and support the guys . Now that would be something worth watching!

How many here can say they will be at the our opener of the AFL season proper ?.

I know me and my kids will be.

It would be so great to walk away with a win but wouldn't it be great to see 25000 + members there supporting our boys watching and willing that win

At least for the first game ;)

Oh dear, does this mean if I not from Melbourne I need to find another Club to support?

PS I not from Melbourne.

No. It just means that you need to love Melbourne to support Melbourne ;)

Interpret that any way you wish :P

They never get it right !

What we really need is footage to inspire not only the Melbourne Football Club Players to actually make them want to win games but at the same time inspires supporters to get out there and support the guys . Now that would be something worth watching!

How many here can say they will be at the our opener of the AFL season proper ?.

I know me and my kids will be.

It would be so great to walk away with a win but wouldn't it be great to see 25000 + members there supporting our boys watching and willing that win

At least for the first game ;)

I'm not sure I understand the gist of your post. You seem to be having a go at the club for turning out a substandard campaign (which I strongly disagree with, by the way) but you seem inspired to go yourself. Do you think you're the only supporter going? Advertising campaigns won't get people going to games but they will raise awareness levels and if the club can back that up with a few early wins, those people who are now more aware of teh brand may then decide it's time to take out a membership.

Oh, and my young son and I are traveling down from Sydney to see the game (and we won't even see the campaign on our screen).

• Like 2

Its a good ad.

But as we all know, winning games will bring in members and $$$.

TV ads wont be needed when we starting doing that.

we don't Have to win games for the supporters to feel overwhelming pride in their club - see Robbie Flower.... but love is a two way street.

"I think it's disgusting that Jack Watts is yet again in the club's publicity. Whether or not he wants to do it is totally irrelevant. The club should keep him out of this sort of stuff and force him to concentrate on his football!"

(Hope your sarca-meter is functioning Jab') :)