• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Training - Monday 23rd March, 2015

The Devil Inside

Didn't hurt us last year.

I don't rate Garland anymore, his play stifles us. Frost can take his place, his run out of the backline is dynamic.

We need to draft/trade for a good ruckman AND a good forward/relief ruck, I don't think we have any emerging on our list. The ruck in particular will become a problem I suspect very soon.

Would be handy to still have Martin, that in hindsight was a costly loss!

• Like 1

Could we please leave additional forum discussion on things that have nothing to do with the team/training in others forums.

This is a training thread from two days ago - it's dead. Let it die. Let it find peace.

There is no information from that training remotely relevant or important enough to warrant more internet space.

Let the thread go.

It's done.

This is a training thread from two days ago - it's dead. Let it die. Let it find peace.

There is no information from that training remotely relevant or important enough to warrant more internet space.

Let the thread go.

It's done.

I didn't realise you were the one around here who decided when threads were alive or dead. Glad I know now.

Please tell me in the future when others are dead as well, we'd all appreciate it. I don't want to discuss players from a training session for more than two days. Perish the thought.

This training thread is no more! It has ceased to be! It's expired and gone to meet it's maker!

It's a stiff! Bereft of life, It rests in peace! If you hadn't kept posting, it'd be pushing up the daisies!
It's metabolic processes are now 'istory! It's off the twig!
It's kicked the bucket, it's shuffled off it's mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisibile!!

THIS IS AN EX-TRAINING THREAD!!

• Like 3

This training thread is no more! It has ceased to be! It's expired and gone to meet it's maker!

It's a stiff! Bereft of life, It rests in peace! If you hadn't kept posting, it'd be pushing up the daisies!

It's metabolic processes are now 'istory! It's off the twig!

It's kicked the bucket, it's shuffled off it's mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisibile!!

THIS IS AN EX-TRAINING THREAD!!

No it's not... it's resting!

• Like 4

I didn't realise you were the one around here who decided when threads were alive or dead. Glad I know now.

Please tell me in the future when others are dead as well, we'd all appreciate it. I don't want to discuss players from a training session for more than two days. Perish the thought.

No, no, no, as sweet and sour dee found out - you must discuss their performance at that training...

You can't just post about players. You have to post about how they were training, ask how they were training, comment on who is seeing them train, defend those who are seeing them train from those who are seeing them train, or comment on those that are defending the people who are seeing them train from the people who are commenting on the people who are seeing them train...

• Like 1

Nah that's me.

For the record, I don't mind the subject of a thread evolving - especially when pretty much all that has been said on the original topic has been said. It happens all the time - someone posts a long post on the topic, someone picks out a piece of it that is only loosely on the topic and argues against it, and it goes from there. It's how real life conversations flow, and I don't see why forum threads should be any different. If the subject is still 'live', someone always pulls it back on topic pretty quickly anyway when they've got something new to add.

I think it's pretty reasonable to come in to a training thread two days after the fact and not expect there to be much more news on training. Beyond the reports, there's really only so much that can be discussed.

Note I see topic evolution in a very different light to blatantly stealing the direction of the thread. If you do that, expect to have your posts deleted and possibly the thread closed.

• Like 7

No, no, no, as sweet and sour dee found out - you must discuss their performance at that training...

You can't just post about players. You have to post about how they were training, ask how they were training, comment on who is seeing them train, defend those who are seeing them train from those who are seeing them train, or comment on those that are defending the people who are seeing them train from the people who are commenting on the people who are seeing them train...

I've found the training quite combative and aggressive - all going in hard , not taking a backward step - even some lip being given and lots of body on body...oops I meant to say thats how I have found the training report posts......

• Like 1

Wrong again chap. I have been there this year, when my work permits. But I don't need to hang around the players tent or hide behind trees.

What did you expect the coaches to say about a player's kicking? That it's substandard or below average? FMD. I like Fitzy and hope he succeeds, but you are truly kidding yourself if you believe his kicking is that good. But you keep thinking that, along with McKenzie's new found skills, etc,

I think the first line of that post tells readers of this forum more about you than me, congratulations you have now joined the every increasing list of posters I don't read

Coaches don't speak the truth about players?.....McCartney told me Friday was ordinary and players need to learn to play as a team, Roos in his presser although not naming them inferred either Lumumba or Dunn should have taken control of the Viney mark and kick as leaders

McKenzie's skills at training have improved, does it translate to games, don't know yet, although he has been ok in the NAB Challenge when he was on the field, and I chatted to him last year about where he had to improve and he told me exactly what Roos had told him.

Other players have done the same, but hey you can't possibly give me or the players any credit can you, again says more about you than me

Number 1 - you obviously agree with my definition of skill set so you can stop harping on about it now.

And lets look at the rest. I'm going to enjoy this.

Attitude - I agree. Come back from some seriously bad stuff. Good on him for that too.

Fitness - being quick over a short distance doesn't mean you are fit. And he is the fastest 200cm player over 3k? Who is his competition? The HMAS Gawn and Jamar?

Kicking - it's average. I don't care what the coaches say - they aren't going to say anything else are they?

Footy IQ - 10 marks in a game doesn't equal good footy IQ. How many of those were side or back kicks? Laughable comparison here.

Handballing - never seen him handball so how would we know? I like how you say he doesn't like it and that's a tick - shouldn't we want to see him enjoy it and play the team game and put others in a better position to score? Tsk, tsk.

Physicality - Good on the lead, no good one on one.

Marking - again, ok on the lead, no good one on one.

Going by your description of him though he should have played every game last year and be one of the best players in the competition.. There is a reason he only played 4.

No you have been banging on about him not having the skill set to be an AFL player, not specifically a good or great one, you said AFL player

As for fitness, he is now apart from the virus, done a full pre season for the first time, marvellous what that does for fitness

So you prefer your opinion of his kicking than the coaches

Handball - it was a forward joke

Does all marking have to be about one on one, what if you use your speed to get away from your opponent and mark easily, there is no way I am comparing, but there is a guy called Franklin who has been doing this for years, so if Fitzy can keep doing this, not an issue

Edited by The Devil Inside

Does all marking have to be about one on one, what if you use your speed to get away from your opponent and mark easily, there is no way I am comparing, but there is a guy called Franklin who has been doing this for years, so if Fitzy can keep doing this, not an issue

This last line sums you up. I said his marking was ok on the lead but not flash one on one. It's an accurate summary, yet you try and twist it almost as if one on one marking has no importance in the modern game at all. If Fitzy could do anything like Franklin, which by the way is a horrible comparison, then he would be in the side. He can't. But instead of agreeing with anything anyone else has to say you just do anything at all to disagree with them, no matter how silly you sound.

• Like 2

No you have been banging on about him not having the skill set to be an AFL player, not specifically a good or great one, you said AFL player

As for fitness, he is now after, apart from the virus, done a full pre season for the first time, marvellous what that does for fitness

So you prefer your opinion of his kicking than the coaches

Handball - it was a forward joke

Franklin was 2nd year last year for contested marks with 51 only behind Hawkins who had 56...

• Like 3

Franklin was 2nd year last year for contested marks with 51 only behind Hawkins who had 56...

Yes, because he has been working on it to make him an even better player than he was

He even acknowledges this, although being a player, he will never tell the truth will he

I am glad you included Hawkins, now there is a player who was derided for a few years for not using his physicality despite his size, interesting how opinion changes isn't it

Yes, because he has been working on it to make him an even better player than he was

He even acknowledges this, although being a player, he will never tell the truth will he

2013 took 26 contested marks in 2013 as he was predominately playing up the ground. If he played out the 50 then he would have had at least double that.

2012 he took 39.

2011 he took 39.

2010 he took 32.

I don't think Franklin has made a career out of uncontested marking.

Would love Fitzy to average at least on per game if he gets a gig.

I am glad you included Hawkins, now there is a player who was derided for a few years for not using his physicality despite his size, interesting how opinion changes isn't it

I find it more interesting how some players get a lot better after poor starts and others make a career out of being very ordinary forever

2013 took 26 contested marks in 2013 as he was predominately playing up the ground. If he played out the 50 then he would have had at least double that.

2012 he took 39.

2011 he took 39.

2010 he took 32.

I don't think Franklin has made a career out of uncontested marking.

Would love Fitzy to average at least on per game if he gets a gig.

So just over one contested mark a game, wow flying into packs and tussling one on one every 30 seconds in a game then

Anyway we are now talking about a non MFC player, breaking my rule