The Banner

Elusive Tunbridge

Heart.gif

please, only those who show this ^^^ for the jumper & team, every week...

Well that's the good part about adding one more player after each win.

Say we've won 2 games, maybe it's round 5 or 6 and so we've added Nath Jones and Dom Tyson to Flower. We then win a game where Watts has 25 touches and 3 goals including the match winner, but so far in the season Watts' has been his usual self. Do we then give it to Watts or the ever consistent Cross or Viney?

Bit fiddly to keep adding one by one but I love the idea that the best on ground votes in a winning game can also include a poll option for who is due to be added to the banner. And people can choose like the rising star nomination to go for the body of work or for the best individual game or whichever balance they like.

Well that's the good part about adding one more player after each win.

Say we've won 2 games, maybe it's round 5 or 6 and so we've added Nath Jones and Dom Tyson to Flower. We then win a game where Watts has 25 touches and 3 goals including the match winner, but so far in the season Watts' has been his usual self. Do we then give it to Watts or the ever consistent Cross or Viney?

Bit fiddly to keep adding one by one but I love the idea that the best on ground votes in a winning game can also include a poll option for who is due to be added to the banner. And people can choose like the rising star nomination to go for the body of work or for the best individual game or whichever balance they like.

maybe we just keep some Icons of our club up there (Checker NSmith BarassiJnr ACaldwell Flower Stynes), with the current captain, coach, & a player of the week???

Edited by dee-luded

My opinion, 2015 remains a tribute to Robbie Flower, with Nath Jones added to the right side from round 1 onwards as he is Robbie's current no 2 & spiritual heir and bloody deserving of a full season tribute also given 3 blueys in a row, years of blood, sweat & tears & his latest show of commitment....... Then by the end of 2015 who knows what we'll want on it, hopefully our premiership winning team celebration photo!

• Like 1

maybe we just keep some Icons of our club up there (Checker NSmith BarassiJnr ACaldwell Flower Stynes), with the current captain, coach, & a player of the week???

It seems that somehow you have confused the federal leader of the Labor Party of half a century ago , Arthur Calwell , with our legendary club Secretary of the same period ,Jim Cardwell .

• Like 1

It seems that somehow you have confused the federal leader of the Labor Party of half a century ago , Arthur Calwell , with our legendary club Secretary of the same period ,Jim Cardwell .

If we're looking for a photo of Arthur Calwell, contact News Ltd. The Herald had a great photo of him on the front page after he was shot at showing the shotgun pellet marks on his 5 o'clock shadowed chin.

If we're looking for a photo of Arthur Calwell, contact News Ltd. The Herald had a great photo of him on the front page after he was shot at showing the shotgun pellet marks on his 5 o'clock shadowed chin.

Calwell was also part of the picture which created the notorious "faceless men" phenomenon that has plagued the Labor Party for half a century.

Calwell and Whitlam - despite being leader and deputy leader respectively - were left out of an important ALP conference meeting on a proposed naval base in WA, and photographers snapped them waiting outside a Canberra hotel in the middle of the night while conference delegates inside - the faceless men - decided ALP policy.

Back on topic, Calwell and Whitlam shouldn't be on the Demonland banner.

your right, cardwell it is.. i was too young to know much of him. how did you know? ;)

Edited by dee-luded

You're right. Calwell was a mad Norf fan. No 1 ticket holder I believe

He had huge North connections being born in the area and living most of his life there . He was Club President before the War and was the local federal Member .

I'd keep Robbie, put Jimmy on the other end and have Jones, Tyson,Roos, Viney and Hogan in the middle

Robbie, Jimmy, Jones and Roos yes, the others need to reach the heights of the others before getting on the banner

• Like 1

I have an idea:

We leave it how it is until the season stars. Then with every win we add a person to the banner. It can be based on how overall deserving they were or it can be if they are best on ground and a key part of winning that game.

Then as the season goes on hopefully we have lots of faces on the banner.

I like this idea as long as Tulip remains throughout

The number one ticket holder at norf during that period was DLP stalwart Frank McManus.

He had huge North connections being born in the area and living most of his life there . He was Club President before the War and was the local federal Member .

Forced me to the books you buggers ! Yep, president NMFC 1928 - 34. "I am still the number one life member of the North Melbourne club" A.Calwell. "Be Just & Fear Not" 1972.

Back to Jim Cardwell. A long time ago my mum was friends with Don Nicholls & his wife. He told me the story of how, as a young man, he came home one night to find Jim Cardwell sitting at the kitchen table selling MFC to Don's parents. One of the rare times Cardwell didn't land his man. Don had plenty of suitors and I think he said his preference was Richmond or perhaps he said they made the best offer. Anyway, he went to Carlton, little brother John followed the following year & a Bluebagger legend was born.

• Like 3

Forced me to the books you buggers ! Yep, president NMFC 1928 - 34. "I am still the number one life member of the North Melbourne club" A.Calwell. "Be Just & Fear Not" 1972.

Back to Jim Cardwell. A long time ago my mum was friends with Don Nicholls & his wife. He told me the story of how, as a young man, he came home one night to find Jim Cardwell sitting at the kitchen table selling MFC to Don's parents. One of the rare times Cardwell didn't land his man. Don had plenty of suitors and I think he said his preference was Richmond or perhaps he said they made the best offer. Anyway, he went to Carlton, little brother John followed the following year & a Bluebagger legend was born.

That meeting take place in Maryborough ?