Cats delist five

I posted this in another thread being thoughts passed on from an astute Cats supporter mate:

....... Won Liston Medal so can play.......

Can't be that astute if he rates the Liston!

And from the descriptions of the players if accurate they're hardly the types MFC are looking for.

And I would not use Evans as a benchmark either for acceptance.

I'd take either of Burbury or Schroder, but I don't really wanna load up on Geelong rejects...

You're probably right but God it's a sad indictment of our club that if those 5 were on our list this year, three probably wouldve got 2 year extensions and a 4th wouldve played 10 games comfortably. It does show what a poor list Paul inherited. I wouldn't mind either one of the two you suggested, I think Schroder has a lot of potential but CScott was never a fan.

• Like 1

We got a pick in the 50s for Grgic (Brad Miller if I recall). The deal for Bizzell was complicated and separate.

You recall it how you will after googling.

We got Bizz for Grgic and The bull for not much.

Fools!

I'd take either of Burbury or Schroder, but I don't really wanna load up on Geelong rejects...

So you'd probably just speculate then, if you had the choice, or not.

No, we didn't.

We traded picks 17 and 41 for Bizzell, and we got pick 55 for Grgic.

so the end result was the same.

Not really, but whatever floats your boat.

doesn't take much.

but Biz beat the Grigmeister.

So you'd probably just speculate then, if you had the choice, or not.

Clearly I know something you don't, Pagliacci.

Time will tell.

It's all about opportunity cost.

If we have a spot on our list and the choice is between Schroeder & Clisby, I'd give Schroeder a chance.

But I don't know who else will be there to choose from.

And I'd rather not load up on Geelong rejects...

Edited by Machsy

Schroder must have really fallen away. I can recall early this season some cats fans saying he was going to be a player for them after a stellar 2013 in the VFL. Schroder only had 4 years in the system, and at Geelong odds are you are not going to walk into that side. Might still have something to offer at AFL level, but I haven't seen enough of him to say that he is a must draft player for us.

I would be looking to cherry pick the players who are in and out of Hawthorn and Sydney's best 22.