Potential Trades [Warning: Reading this thread may self-destruct]

Dr evil

Well lets start or re open a thread.

He didn't have a great day today but wasn't on his own there. I'm sure the door would be slightly ajar down at MFC if he would like to step in.

I thought Hannebery tried, where were some of the others?

So did I 'Hood', it was just one of those days where you can run around and get absolutely nowhere fast.

And get shirt fronted in the guts while stretching high for a ball and collapse in a heap and have some commentators calling this the tackle of the decade. Really it was an opportunistic cheap shot.?

And get shirt fronted in the guts while stretching high for a ball and collapse in a heap and have some commentators calling this the tackle of the decade. Really it was an opportunistic cheap shot.?

And that was their downfall, they didn't give any back.

They had 7 tackles in the first quarter of a GF. Pathetic.

• Like 4

My understanding having checked with a source (no I won't name the source, choose to disregard if that's not good enough for you):

- MFC representatives (players) have met with Dangerfield

- New environment for Clark is on advice from his health professional

- Pick 2 and/or one of Toumpas or Trengove a possibility to go to Crows if Dangerfield wants to come

- Club sees pick 3 compensation as better list management strategic value than keeping Frawley

All things that have been floating around these boards and none of them means there is any certain outcome, but that's probably reality for this time of year. Lots of maybes and activity floating around, but nothing locked away and done deal yet.

• Like 7

My understanding having checked with a source (no I won't name the source, choose to disregard if that's not good enough for you):

- Pick 2 and/or one of Toumpas or Trengove a possibility to go to Crows if Dangerfield wants to come

- Club sees pick 3 compensation as better list management strategic value than keeping Frawley

All things that have been floating around these boards and none of them means there is any certain outcome, but that's probably reality for this time of year. Lots of maybes and activity floating around, but nothing locked away and done deal yet.

http://www.afl.com.au/video/2014-09-27/backstage-at-the-premiership-party

We should throw a party like this if we get Dangerfield

Sounds alright. I'd rather keep the Toump though. But you don't get Danger for nothing!

• Like 1

looks like we have competition

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/collingwood-hope-to-replace-dayne-beams-with-patrick-dangerfield-in-a-blockbuster-trade/story-fn69a32t-1227070763346

'Instead they believe receiving a player of the star power of Dangerfield is the only way to clinch the deal.'

Wow [censored] Collingwood

Edited by Moneider96

looks like we have competition

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/collingwood-hope-to-replace-dayne-beams-with-patrick-dangerfield-in-a-blockbuster-trade/story-fn69a32t-1227070763346

'Instead they believe receiving a player of the star power of Dangerfield is the only way to clinch the deal.'

Wow [censored] Collingwood

Journalism at it's best. That trade was suggested on social media days ago.

There's absolutely nothing in it, the Pearce Hanley link discredits the story even more.

Edited by Ethan Tremblay
  • Like 2

Agreed, absolute rubbish. Collingwood are barely a more attractive proposition than us the way Buckley is leaking players like a sieve. There's some serious problems at the CFC.

Buckley now the favourite to be the first coach sacked in 2015, things aren't looking good at all.

• Like 1

And that was their downfall, they didn't give any back.

They had 7 tackles in the first quarter of a GF. Pathetic.

their seemingly lack of pressure in the back half, was a contrast to the intensity that the Hawks brought. I saw it from the 2 minute mark thru 15 minute then off & on for the first Qtr & a half.

missed the pre match build up etc.

the hawks were alive, & took the initiative, ahead of the Swans. Swans chased bum from then on, until they became a rabble.

The Hawks' start was similar to Essendon's against us in 2000.

A few of our young players were punched up early and no-one stood up at the time....

Very similar and the same outcome.

Rohan copped a beauty across the jaw in the first 10 minutes and nothing happened.

Crows will want picks 2&3

Demons want Dangerfield and Crows pick 11 & pick 48

Sounds good to me

Post of 2 halves there spirit. So we are not sure what Crows want but we know what we want? Would prefer 3 plus Toumpas instead of giving away 2 as well

Post of 2 halves there spirit. So we are not sure what Crows want but we know what we want? Would prefer 3 plus Toumpas instead of giving away 2 as well

Crows will want picks 2&3

Demons want Dangerfield and Crows pick 11 & pick 48

Sounds good to me

Sorry, but I don't think Crows would do that. Danger is arguably the second best player in the comp...maybe pick 2 and 3 for Danger and twenty something

So I just got the following emailed to me from a mate.... who's mate attended a breakfast at the MCC with C Wilson, D Barrett, J Ralph & S Edmund.

Anyways, dont take it as gospel, could be rubbish, most likely is complete rubbish but I thought i'd toss it out here in case some people find it interesting. Dont know if he expects me to post it anywhere but that much crap gets spruiked anyways I doubt people care.

• Melbourne been assured of getting pick 3 for Frawley – Apparently he still hasn’t told the club whether he’ll stay and Peter Jackson’s only concern is that he might.
  • Dees, Saints and GWS up to their eyeballs in discussions on possible draft pick re-shuffling/trades
  • Saints love McCartin and know the Dees and Giants want mids (Giants have no interest in McCartin, b0ners for Petracca)
  • Saints happy to offload pick 1 to GWS so they can secure Petracca, for pick 4 and a player – If the Dees agree to lay off McCartin with picks 2 & 3, he’ll still be there at 4.
    • Trouble for the Saints is the Dees are looking to take Brayshaw with 2 or 3 and off load the other pick to a club desperate for a tall – Saints might need to make it worth the Dees while…
    • Potential 3 way trade:
      • Saints – Get Pick 4 (MCCartin) and a player (potentially Jaksch) for pick 1
      • Giants – Get Pick 1 (Petracca) - Shiel and a latter pick to the Dees for pick 3
      • Dees – Pick 2 (Brayshaw), Shiel and a late 1st round/early 2nd round pick or Frost
  • Haven’t invested nearly enough in development and players are already raising concerns
  • Any backwards slide would see a massive player exodus and the club become an almost irreparable mess – Cameron gone!
  • Giants in MASSIVE trouble, AFL sh1tting themselves – Are expected to go backwards next year, potential spoon.

The Cameron speculation still around. Maybe there is a fair chance he can be extracted.

Certain that it will be part of discussions between Saints, Dees and GWS. Would imagine if the three clubs are in talks about deals that favour all three clubs, the Saints bidding on Billy would be part of discussions. Who knows, us trading our second rounder may be part of these discussions, so a non bid from the Saints may benefit all parties.