Goodwin's Law?

Striker475

AFC echo's Brisbane stuff up with Voss last year.

2013 Brisbane tried to high-jack our approach to Roos: Melb WON!!

2014 Adelaide tried to high-jack our approach to Goodwin: Melb WON!!

Real turning point for our Club!!

I smell PJ all over this if so should tweet to AFC "You have been Jacksoned" not sur what it means talk to Brisbane

Be interesting to see if he can help us lure some disenchanted bombers or crows across... as well.

Great to have another capable coach with their hand on the tiller.

• Like 2

Don't think anyone saw this coming...

This is my view on it -

Over 10 days ago Goodwin and MFC had verbally agreed on the senior assistant position. Even so he'd told Essendon he was moving on..

Meanwhile, Sanderson was offering up for trade the senior players, Dangerfield and Tex, as he thought the current list wasn't capable of making top 4.

This upset a lot of the leadership group, Ricciuto and the board. Fearing backlash from the supporters, the only way to stop Sando was to to sack him.

No doubt Goodwin has been approached by AFC some time this week and asked if he would be interested in the role.

It's by no means a done deal, but he's now got a big decision make.

The sacking of Sanderson has thrown a massive spanner in the works.

So much so, only yesterday, Roos was jetting off to Hawaii with Goodwin and Dangerfield a fait accompli

Thanks for the insight Party boy, keep it coming.

• Like 3

Word is that the Crows threw the kitchen sink at him but he had already verbally agreed to be at Melbourne.

Word also is that the club is totally stoked with the appointment. Rate Goodwin very highly.

He's also very happy to be coaching with Paul Roos. This was the clincher more than money.

Roos is worth every cent

• Like 14

I am in a totally good mood about this.

Me too. I wouldn't know a good coach if one kicked me in the crotch, but he apparently has shown promise and the plan seems sound.

It also feels nice not to get screwed over, which it looked like we might for a while last night.

• Like 8

The way this has been done is reassuring. There are never any guarantees but this was a long term plan which we didn't rush and hopefully it comes together. It just feels better than sacking a coach then having to comb the field under a tight deadline.

Also I think we have our 2015 slogan sorted. "We've got the good stuff".

• Like 5

You really think he is the only person Melbourne has met with till now? Please....

I know this page get's filled with a lot of rumour and BS and perhaps there is no reason to believe me, but I can categorically say he'll be our senior assistant next year.

We'll chat after the announcement.

Gees you were really on the money here Party Boy......you must have really good in's at the footy club.

Look forward to hearing some more of your mail about our trading.

• Like 4

Word is that the Crows threw the kitchen sink at him but he had already verbally agreed to be at Melbourne.

Word also is that the club is totally stoked with the appointment. Rate Goodwin very highly.

He's also very happy to be coaching with Paul Roos. This was the clincher more than money.

Roos is worth every cent

Absolutely. And what an opportunity of a lifetime for a coach with senior gig ambitions:

1- lengthy contract (I'm guessing)

2- Guaranteed gig after 2 years

3- Two years "practice" - calling the shots without having the pressure or responsibility that comes with it

4- Working with one of the best in the business

5- entering a senior gig already knowing the players and the club, without having to waste time learning the place, ie can hit the ground running

• Like 9

I'm quite stoked this has happened.. However looking at the Adelaide forums on Bigfooty posters are saying it's a 'blessing' they avoided him. From all reports I've heard he is a great coach and has all the potential to have an impact as a head coach. But does anyone know or heard how good he actually is? What are his traits, strengths, etc? Would be great to know more about Goodwin if anyone has further information on his coaching abilities.

Thanks!

I'm quite stoked this has happened.. However looking at the Adelaide forums on Bigfooty posters are saying it's a 'blessing' they avoided him. From all reports I've heard he is a great coach and has all the potential to have an impact as a head coach. But does anyone know or heard how good he actually is? What are his traits, strengths, etc? Would be great to know more about Goodwin if anyone has further information on his coaching abilities.

Thanks!

PJ and PR wanted him.....good enough for me !! :)

• Like 7