22 games

Nasher

My favourite award. Six of them this year.

#2 Nathan Jones continued his trajectory of steady improvement and has developed in to an absolute class player. Not to mention indestructable - he's missed one game in the last five seasons. Incredible effort.

#4 Jack Watts cops heaps of criticism from fans and the media alike, but I doubt anyone would argue against the notion that he's close to our most reliable user of the ball, especially by foot. Personally, whenever he had the ball, I have complete faith that it won't go to waste. Roos' repeated public defence of Watts in conjunction with not missing a game makes me think the coach just does not share the view of the average member of the public on Watts..

#12 Dom Tyson has been a revelation. Bull of a midfielder who can go forward and kick goals. Like Vince, was crucial to the improvement of our midfield this year. It's bloody scary to think what we'd have looked like without these two. Man crush.

#14 Lynden Dunn had easily the best season of his career. Looked very settled in the back line and seems to have eradicated the silly business from his game, turning in to a reliable defender. He has proven difficult to beat one-on-one, uses the ball well out of the backline, and has developed leadership skills. For me it was a surprising and very pleasing change of fortunes.

#23 Bernie Vince added a touch of class which was much needed to our side. Personally I don't think he's reached the heights he did at Adelaide or for us during the preseason, but his recruitment has been vital to improving our side. Very pleased with this astute piece of trading.

#38 Jeremy Howe used his marking prowess to good effect in the back line. Strugged early in the year - particularly in the forward line - but looked pretty decent in the latter half of the year I thought, having adjusted to defence and trusting his marking skills down there. He's a very good judge of play and has the best hands I've ever seen. Roos has said he expects Howe to find his way back in to the forward line - it'll be interesting to see whether that happens next year or takes longer than that.

I expect all six of these players to feature heavily in this year's B&F along with Ro Bail and Tom McDonald who played 21 of the 22 games.

Well done lads.

• Like 14

Nasher we don't need this sort of logic at this time of the season! I would rather go on a rant about Watts and co. I do not need facts to get in the way of my rant!

I dont care how good Watts uses the ball anymore. He's soft at the contest looks like a weakling.

Misson needs to put at least 6 kilos of muscle on him over the off season. I want to see him scare the opposition.

Sadly, I don't think that will happen.

The first thing Watts needs to do is loose his virginity.

What's the point of that comment Frosty? Have a crack at his abilities on the field if you like, no need to throw up 11 year old stuff.

Nasher - You could argue that 5 of those players mentioned were out most important this year in a variety of ways, while I also share your view that Watts is one of our best ball users and in a team crying out for them that can't be overlooked.

My money is on Dom Tyson to take out the Bluey, although Jones and Dunn won't be far off it either.

• Like 2

Vince and particularly Tyson are exactly the kind of player we have been missing for the last 10 years - hard working mids who can use the ball and kick goals! Mids need to kick goals in this day and age of spreading the load and it's great to see Tyson in particular has a knack for nailing opportunities. Vince too but his accuracy is probably not as good as Tyson's. His misses way back against the Saints in round 1 probably cost us that game.

Yep,needs a bachelor las vegas type weekend to sort him out and get some cobwebs removed.

TMac,Dunn, and Pedders can order drinks for their years work also.

• Like 1

Sorry all, I made a mistake in the thread title. I meant to call it "another opportunity to have a crack at Watts".

Don't know why I bothered.

We're the new Richmond. No finals and catch and kill our own.

Good list although I'd have found a way to slot Jetta in.

Edit: didn't get the rules until a second look. Carry on.

Edited by Uncle Fester

Agree mostly with the OP, but Roos backing Watts means nothing.

"New coach Damien Hardwick gave Tambling a leadership role and, at the same time, told him his future was at Richmond."

'He pretty much told me I was needed in the team and everything we were going to do within the next 12 months, however long it takes, was geared towards winning a premiership,' he said."

Awks.

• Like 2

Sorry all, I made a mistake in the thread title. I meant to call it "another opportunity to have a crack at Watts".

Don't know why I bothered.

Haha.

It's a bad habit I know.

What's the point of that comment Frosty? Have a crack at his abilities on the field if you like, no need to throw up 11 year old stuff.

Nasher - You could argue that 5 of those players mentioned were out most important this year in a variety of ways, while I also share your view that Watts is one of our best ball users and in a team crying out for them that can't be overlooked.

My money is on Dom Tyson to take out the Bluey, although Jones and Dunn won't be far off it either.

Perhaps Frosty was using the term metaphorically ??

He's probably been with more chicas than you.

I always feel relaxed when Watts has the ball. The midfield just need to get it to him more often, and then spread/find space as quickly as possible so that he can use the ball even more effectively.

That people don't see the value in that continues to frustrate me. We have a list bereft of class, and he's a player with as much class as any other in the competition.

He should have had more chicas than me being a no 1 draft and AFL star?

I like Jack and I like all of our players. Unlike you Ron Burgundy (and I say this with the greatest respect) I don't feel relaxed when he has the ball. He doesn't play instinctive football. Its probably because his confidence is shot to [censored]. This year he has really taken a step back. I wish him all the very best for next season, where ever that may be. whether he has class or not is irrelevant he doesn't have enough [censored] to play at this level. He needs to get dirty.

Whenever Watts gets the ball, I just beg that he'll use it or run forward within 5 seconds of possessing it. Constantly gets us into trouble by standing still, backtracking or doing a pointless ball fake. He didn't really find his way this year and was played out of position

disagree completely - I think there are ample things that we can criticise Jack for - attack on the contest, attack on the ball, his chasing - but he usually makes the right decision and he will go forward with his disposal if there is an option which there rarely is.

If there is one player I want the ball in the hands of - it's Jack Watts

disagree completely - I think there are ample things that we can criticise Jack for - attack on the contest, attack on the ball, his chasing - but he usually makes the right decision and he will go forward with his disposal if there is an option which there rarely is.

If there is one player I want the ball in the hands of - it's Jack Watts

Disagree completely NB that 5 seconds costs us opportunities all the time Needs a greater sence or urgency and most of his disposals are backwards or sideways anyway!

• Like 1

Disagree completely NB that 5 seconds costs us opportunities all the time Needs a greater sence or urgency and most of his disposals are backwards or sideways anyway!

Yep I'd like someone to remind me of a Watts disposal that actually achieved something decisive.

Often,if he gets the ball 10 metres in space, he sends it on very nicely to someone else to do something with, but rarely if ever, does he find an option that is rolled gold and results in a score.

All of which are outnumbered by his near miss hand passes because someone was about to lay a hand on him.

I used to think I was obsessively hard on him,now I cant believe how much his tyres get pumped up by some supporters.

Elite disposal....my aaarse. elite disposal brings results!!!!

• Like 2