Biggest individual MFC success story of 2014

What

In similar fashion to Demonland POY my votes

6.Jetta - always liked him and proven the doubters wrong and please don't refer to him as a dud because he never was that

5. Tyson - can't wait to see this kid when he has played between 50-70odd games

4.Dunn - not going to get an AA gig but has had a very good season and may get into the 40 man squad at least

3.Nate Jones - will go close to AA but will miss out due to the other midfield rivals, has taken the captaincy by the horns and proven an inspiration

2.Vince given our 3rd world midfield a lift and had a solid year

1.Pedersen - from scrapheap to a vital part of our side when we were up and running in between rounds 4-14

Honourable Mentions

Cross, PJ & The FD mainly those responsible for our trading and picks last year

• Like 1

Dom Tyson by some margin, a remarkable year despite having no pre season.

Hmm. My recollection is that he did his hammy before pre-season started, was then eased into it, but was in everything from Christmas onwards.

Put it this way, he certainly had a more substantial pre-season than Dawes, Gawn, Jamar, Kent, Salem, Riley, Viney, Fitzpatrick and Garland ... and maybe others that I'm overlooking (Clisby).

Across the whole year and in terms of absolute change it has to be Jetta.

Tyson was expected to be good and he has proved to be very good, so its a narrow miss by him.

Honourable mention to Dunn who could have won this with a few more stand out games in the second half.

Pederson was a surprise. I wouldn't be surprised given another year with Roos if we dont see him continue to improve.

Next year who will be the biggest movers? Kent and Salem?

Jetta would almost have it locked down but I think Nathan Jones deserves a special mention for taking his game to a genuine A grade level. As of last night he is number one in the league for total disposals (610, 27.7 per game), third in total clearances, first in total effective handballs and fourteenth in both total tackles and total contested possessions.

Wow that's a significant achievement! Do you know where you can find the individual stats for 2014?

Dom Tyson's excellent season, and the way he lifted again after something of a slump mid-year, really excite me. His the numbers for his final six games are not even A-grade, they are star. The rough per game figures for that period are;

27 disposals at 75% efficiency, 5 clearances, 4 tackles, 6 marks, 5 inside 50s, and a goal.

Dude! He kicked 7 goals in those games to finish with 16 which was 2nd most at the club

Nev Jetta came from oblivion to be (imo) one of the first selected every week. Together with Nathan Jones and Dom Tyson, he has also been our most consistent since making his 2014 debut. Hard work and a great attitude beat talent 99% of the time.

Id have to say jetts followed closely but peders.

Jetts was one of the best small def in the comp this season. considering he came back from delisting he's been nothing short of amazing.
Off the top of my head I can't think of another small def that shut down the opponents he did, so jetts for me.

• Like 1

I think it has to be Jetta, but a special mention to two players. Firstly Dom Barry. He may not make it as a regular, but he looked so undersized I thought he's never play a single game. Well done.

And with limited talents but great grit, Rohan Bail put aside any worries about head contact and busted his gut probably more than any other player on the list (except maybe N Jones) running relentlessly back and forward in every game he played.

• Like 1

Must be my man Neville whom I never doubted.

Dunny second.

Then a paddock.

Roosy is going to have to sell it hard this summer.

Recruiting the right players is at DEFCOM 5!!!!

We are suffering badly from

"The China Syndrome"

• Like 2

Jetta for me, went from a dud to deserving his spot on the list and one of our best each week.

Which is one reason that the word "dud" is offensive and demeaning, and would be best not used.

Sure," underperformer", "inadequate", "not up to it" maybe, but "dud" or "spud" is just plain offensive when used on guys who have all gone a lot further in footy than 99% or more of those who post here.

Successful year...

Nev Jetta

Lynden Dunn

Dom Tyson

Bernie Vince

Nathan Jones again & again

Daniel Cross

honourable mention to Roosy, Cam Pedersen, Tom McD and yes Dean Kent

Disappointments

Mitch Clark personal circumstances

Jesse Hogan injury concerns

Jack Watts

The gameplan of defensive footy and lack of run to create

James Frawley likely departure

Sam Blease, James Strauss & Luke Tapscott. All likely delistees but gave talent and will succeed in other AFL environments

Edited by spirit of norm smith