GOODBYE MITCH CLARK

it won't happen unless something changes via the AFL.. With Free Agency here, we are going to be consistently pick clean of talent... Hope your happy with compensation picks, because thats what we'll get a lot of... We are becoming a glorified TAC cup team...

Yes I'd like compensation picks but what I think we really want is an increase in our salary cap for a few years.

• Like 1

It seems like the only way we're ever going to get anywhere is if we can bring in 2 or 3 massive A Lister recruits, but the only way that happens is by having serious coin and serious trade material.

We have neither.

The AFL could assist us with both if Roos puts forth a strong enough blueprint to present them with, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

• Like 1

If they didn't pay for the Uni course, the money used would have been paid to Clark as part of his salary.

It makes no difference what so ever that they paid for his partners uni course!

It's salary packaging that nearly every individual can do with whatever organisation they work for to assist with their tax position.

Good riddance

• Like 2

I've heard from a source within the club that Dave Misson put Mitch on a training program for the last 4 months with the intention to get Mitch back and healthy for a return to the Demons and that Dave Misson has been training him personally off-site.

Mitch did intend and want to come back to the Demons.

Demons said they would pay him X.

Mitch got greedy and said he wanted much more than X and said he would go talk to other clubs, which he is doing.

From my understanding MFC have assessed his likelihood of a successful return given his foot, soft tissue and mental issues and are holding strong on their offer.

My take is that I think Mitch owes us enormously and he should take whatever we offer him given what he has repaid us over the last 3 years, 15 games for $2million plus.

He owes us ... end of story.

The most enlightening and sensible post i've read on this issue.

• Like 1

I've heard from a source within the club that Dave Misson put Mitch on a training program for the last 4 months with the intention to get Mitch back and healthy for a return to the Demons and that Dave Misson has been training him personally off-site.

Mitch got greedy and said he wanted much more than X and said he would go talk to other clubs, which he is doing.

From my understanding MFC have assessed his likelihood of a successful return given his foot, soft tissue and mental issues and are holding strong on their offer.

My take is that I think Mitch owes us enormously and he should take whatever we offer him given what he has repaid us over the last 3 years, 15 games for $2million plus.

If this is true than he can GTFO... How can he demand more $$ when we have paid him all this money for 15 games.. His well and truly infront when he comes to money terms and part the reason he left was the pressures of been on so much coin and not been able to deliver ? Unless that was just an excuse, which looks likely now. He should agree to whatever we offer him, he can't have it both ways

It seems like the only way we're ever going to get anywhere is if we can bring in 2 or 3 massive A Lister recruits, but the only way that happens is by having serious coin and serious trade material.

We have neither.

The AFL could assist us with both if Roos puts forth a strong enough blueprint to present them with, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

The other important ingredient is that a player actually wants to play with MFC. There is plenty of evidence suggesting we have been repeatedly rebuffed on our approaches to targets.

If this is true than he can GTFO... How can he demand more $$ when we have paid him all this money for 15 games.. His well and truly infront when he comes to money terms and part the reason he left was the pressures of been on so much coin and not been able to deliver ? Unless that was just an excuse, which looks likely now. He should agree to whatever we offer him, he can't have it both ways

Yes if its true.....rumour on rumour.

I share your sense of being cheated.

However if he is set to seek a fresh start, MFC should be seeking to trade hard with another Club if they want him.

I think the last two statements being your opinion would be consistent with how every MFC supporters must be feeling.

The rest is pure rumour and innuendo. If Mitch was "greedy" then he is being poorly advised.

Edited by Demonland
reposting rumours that are potentially libelous - not your comments but they needed to be deleted

I think we should sit back and wait for MC to nominate in the draft and see what happens. He is defintely part of yesterday. We dont need him we have made other plans Just another diversion at The MFC

Edited by jackaub

If mitch sees another club as his "clear' passage back to footy after the darkness,so be it.

no exactly. Why expect loyalty from players when the income of the teams that pay them is largely based on the emotional loyalty of their supporters

if yhe supporters thought the same way mfc wpuld hace folded in the 80s.

So if your ok with that then keep your eye on the gold and brown...

You missed the point. Pretty much completely.

• Like 1

It was probably nothing that he managed the time to talk with the filth before catching up with the coach (still his coach until ofd list ):rolleyes:

Nothing in it probably. ..

His manager Colin Young was on 6PR last night in response to Lyon's comments and Hardie and Langdon asked him some further questions re MC'S status but I would have loved for them to press him on the Westpac Centre & Collingwood from last week information.

It seemed to me like Young was in damage control trying to mend some bridges with Freo who pretty much ruled any play for Clark out yesterday. Another case of a manager damaging the reputation of his client with greed over moral integrity

• Like 1

Those that think MC should play for us, no matter what we offer him, are living in dreamland.

I would be pretty certain that not one Demonland poster including myself, know exactly what the settlement was.

Given that scenario, how can you logically expect him to play for us at whatever we offer him.

Yes he does owe us for our help in his situation and if nothing else, he has said through his Manager that he would want to be sure we were compensated IF he left.

I am sure everyone would agree if our offer was $1000 for season 2015 he would have every right to refuse that and look elsewhere.

So then the question becomes how much is not enough? Since none of us know what he got in the settlement or what we offered for 2015 I think people should stop abusing MC and let the whole thing go to its conclusion.

Think of it as if he was your brother and not your big hope to save this club.

• Like 17

Those that think MC should play for us, no matter what we offer him, are living in dreamland.

I would be pretty certain that not one Demonland poster including myself, know exactly what the settlement was.

Given that scenario, how can you logically expect him to play for us at whatever we offer him.

Yes he does owe us for our help in his situation and if nothing else, he has said through his Manager that he would want to be sure we were compensated IF he left.

I am sure everyone would agree if our offer was $1000 for season 2015 he would have every right to refuse that and look elsewhere.

So then the question becomes how much is not enough? Since none of us know what he got in the settlement or what we offered for 2015 I think people should stop abusing MC and let the whole thing go to its conclusion.

Think of it as if he was your brother and not your big hope to save this club.

I don't disagree at all.

Of course MC should try to get a good deal for himself and his future, but do you really think given the space in our cap, that we would offer him a completely unreasonable amount of money? I doubt we would offer him $100k and another club would offer him $500k. If anything, it's more likely that we would only offer him a 1 year contract, where another club might give him 2 or 3 years.

The issue I have is that he went to talk to Collingwood before he talked to Paul Roos. He is still a listed Melbourne player, and he does owe us a level of loyalty, not just for the support we have given him, but for the simple fact that he is still contracted to us until October 31st.

Paul Roos is clearly not happy with the whole thing, and I don't blame him.

• Like 8

I don't disagree at all.

Of course MC should try to get a good deal for himself and his future, but do you really think given the space in our cap, that we would offer him a completely unreasonable amount of money? I doubt we would offer him $100k and another club would offer him $500k. If anything, it's more likely that we would only offer him a 1 year contract, where another club might give him 2 or 3 years.

The issue I have is that he went to talk to Collingwood before he talked to Paul Roos. He is still a listed Melbourne player, and he does owe us a level of loyalty, not just for the support we have given him, but for the simple fact that he is still contracted to us until October 31st.

Paul Roos is clearly not happy with the whole thing, and I don't blame him.

What if he knew our offer. Wasn't happy. Got a call from the Pies wanting to know where he was at. Met them to see what they would offer to get a guage on what he could expect from other clubs.

Then went and met Roos to tell him of offer and what Melbourne could do, maybe even being prepared to take less to stay with us. Then Roos says I am not budging on offer do what you like.

What if our offer was $100000 for one year and Pies was $400000 for 3 years.

Edited by Redleg

Red...there are no excuses for not having met Roos FIRST.

its called respect !!!

• Like 6

What if he knew our offer. Wasn't happy. Got a call from the Pies wanting to know where he was at. Met them to see what they would offer to get a guage on what he could expect from other clubs.

Then went and met Roos to tell him of offer and what Melbourne could do, maybe even being prepared to take less to stay with us. Then Roos says I am not budging on offer do what you like.

What if our offer was $100000 for one year and Pies was $400000 for 3 years.

Well according to Clinton Young, MC and Paul Roos, no discussion was had prior to Monday, yet he met with Collingwood a week earlier.

I highly doubt we discussed contract terms with MC before he even decided to make a comeback.

what if our offer was $100000 for one year and Pies was $400000 for 3 years.

I highly doubt it has got to the offer stage yet for MFC or any other club. Clark has a fragile body and mind and clubs will want to understand the risks.

I doubt any club will offer more than one year deal on low money.

But he did. Roos said on 360 they met for coffee 3 weeks ago and discussed his future.

I'm not sure that's right - I thought Roos said they have been trying to catch up for 2 weeks but hadn't

I highly doubt it has got to the offer stage yet for MFC or any other club. Clark has a fragile body and mind and clubs will want to understand the risks.

I doubt any club will offer more than one year deal on low money.

If you are right, then it is not about money.

If you are right, then it is not about money.

I think it is partly about money, because Clark's manager is telling him he thinks he can get a better offer.

I just question if any club will take a risk on a player with a bad history of injury and depression after they do their due diligence.