Planned MFC list rebuild

Grand New Flag

What bizzare deals are these? The Tyson trade was a win/win - yes, we didn't necessarily expect it, but it wasn't wide of the mark. Watts and pick 21 for pick 6 is very wide of the mark.

it seemed bizarre to the watching masses. and thats the point. We are those masses and as such we arent to know what may or may not suit a particular club.

Woewodin.

Bruce.

Martin.

Rivers.

Moloney.

Junior.

Green.

Pettard.

Johnstone.

Would just like to throw it out there, if all this goes ahead, the banner is going to need some serious work, personally i'd like to see Nev and Dunn up there anyway considering they will both be top 5 in our Best and fairest

Sorry dude but with that logic Terlich and Matt Jones deserve to up there this year. I just wish we had superstars. Imagine if we could look at superstars on the DL banner every day! Sigh.

So I don't derail, my list of players that I think we should absolutely keep:

Hogan

Jones

Salem

Viney

Tyson

Kent

Cross

Vince

Kennedy-Harris

Gawn

Howe

Jetta

My list of players that should be delisted:

McKenzie

Nicholson

Evans

Bail

Jones

Terlich

Fitzpatrick

Players who should at least be considered for trade:

Watts

Blease

Strauss

Grimes

Tapscott

Spencer

Anyone not mentioned wouldn't faze me if they left or stayed.

it seemed bizarre to the watching masses. and thats the point. We are those masses and as such we arent to know what may or may not suit a particular club.

You sound like a religious person here mate. You are giving us the equivalent of 'God works in mysterious ways' and then running off in the other direction to support your views. So basically we can throw up any old trade, no matter how bizzare or obscene, and we just have to nod our head and go "it could happen...?" Ridiculous. I choose to live in reality, and the reality if that the Dogs would have no use for Jack Watts.

• Like 1

Johnstone.

Sorry dude but with that logic Terlich and Matt Jones deserve to up there this year. I just wish we had superstars. Imagine if we could look at superstars on the DL banner every day! Sigh.

So I don't derail, my list of players that I think we should absolutely keep:

Hogan

Jones

Salem

Viney

Tyson

Kent

Cross

Vince

Kennedy-Harris

Gawn

Howe

Jetta

My list of players that should be delisted:

McKenzie

Nicholson

Evans

Bail

Jones

Terlich

Fitzpatrick

Players who should at least be considered for trade:

Watts

Blease

Strauss

Grimes

Tapscott

Spencer

Anyone not mentioned wouldn't faze me if they left or stayed.

so Dunn and Trengove?

Entirely indistinguishable from Mark Neeld's list rebuild plan.

Gee, I'm saying some mean things lately.

Aaaanyway, a 3AW rumour isn't really any better than an online forum rumour, when in comes to the details, so I'm not really going to let this one rattle around too much in my head.

Though I am a little concerned that Roos has decided that an oversupply of the name Jack is a key weakness at the club.

• Like 2

I wouldn't be surprised to see Jack Watts go to one of the top teams, he has great skills and speed, perhaps a really good culture could get his work rate to where it needs to be to get the best out of him, Jack is a favourite of mine so wherever he is I hope we see the best of him

Like the way you think.I think ultimately you just want to see these players reach their potential, except for games against MFC :)

You sound like a religious person here mate. You are giving us the equivalent of 'God works in mysterious ways' and then running off in the other direction to support your views. So basically we can throw up any old trade, no matter how bizzare or obscene, and we just have to nod our head and go "it could happen...?" Ridiculous. I choose to live in reality, and the reality if that the Dogs would have no use for Jack Watts.

Dont quite get the gist I see.

Prior to the Tyson trade actually happening I doubt many here would have thought that 1) we would actually off load pick 2...and 2) we get such a bargain package for it.. Its not really that hard Wise. If I choose to wax lyrical...do try and keep up. Let me know if thats beyond you

Dont quite get the gist I see.

Prior to the Tyson trade actually happening I doubt many here would have thought that 1) we would actually off load pick 2...and 2) we get such a bargain package for it.. Its not really that hard Wise. If I choose to wax lyrical...do try and keep up. Let me know if thats beyond you

Bargain package? You're making stuff up now. I'm very happy with Tyson and Salem, don't get me wrong, but did you happen to watch Josh Kelly's game on the weekend? That kid is going to be a star in a few years time. As I said earlier that trade was a win/win. The Watts trade is totally bargain basement for us and a complete rip off for the Dogs, and therefore it won't be done.

And I don't know who these people are who didn't expect us to offload that pick when all Roos did was talk about how it was on the table all the time during last off season.

Bargain package? You're making stuff up now. I'm very happy with Tyson and Salem, don't get me wrong, but did you happen to watch Josh Kelly's game on the weekend? That kid is going to be a star in a few years time. As I said earlier that trade was a win/win. The Watts trade is totally bargain basement for us and a complete rip off for the Dogs, and therefore it won't be done.

And I don't know who these people are who didn't expect us to offload that pick when all Roos did was talk about how it was on the table all the time during last off season.

We swapped a #2 got a rtg #3 ( prior rising star nominee also ) games under belt...already a very good player and will get better. ..Plus Salem who could have gone anywhere in that top 10. He like Kelly will be a very good player.

Yeah Id call that a bargain.

I fully expected Roos to trade picks...as do I now.. But if youd read these boards at the time most were gobsmacked

Watts wont be going to the dogs

We swapped a #2 got a rtg #3 ( prior rising star nominee also ) games under belt...already a very good player and will get better. ..Plus Salem who could have gone anywhere in that top 10. He like Kelly will be a very good player.

I fully expected Roos to trade picks...as do I now.. But if youd read these boards at the time most were gobsmacked

Last year at about this time is was shot down in flames by multiple posters for suggesting we trade our second rounder for Bernie Vince..

• Like 1

No worries lads.

What about our 4th rounder for G. Ablett? Reckon the Suns might go for it because the end of season is bizzare and anything can happen and everything on our list is worth plenty, even though we are still second last on the ladder, but that shouldn't stop us.

• Like 1

For the past 8 years our biggest problem has been the lack of players between 22-26yo. We either had players at the end of their career or start with not much in the middle. That then forced a lot of our young recruits to be exposed to AFL footy before they were ready. We have enough players to get rid of before we turn out Watts, Trengove, Grimes and Toumpas. We will most likely have 3 picks inside 20 another late 30's. You would only trade any of those players if we needed to execute a trade for a high quality player, you wouldn't get rid of any of them for a draft pick that we use to pick up a kid.

It isnt a bargain. Lewis Taylor or Merret had steller years, much better then Salems. And Kelly will be on par with Tyson in 2 or 3 years.

It isnt a bargain. Lewis Taylor or Merret had steller years, much better then Salems. And Kelly will be on par with Tyson in 2 or 3 years.

and tyson with another 2-3 will be ahead.

we essentially got a twofer

But Salem isnt. Your doing the classic and telling youself it was a one sided trade.

Its wasnt.

...but he may be streets ahead of both in a couple of years. Remember Wingard was very quite in his first year. If Salem doesn't show marked improvement next year then I will be concerned but your call is way too early.

...but he may be streets ahead of both in a couple of years. Remember Wingard was very quite in his first year. If Salem doesn't show marked improvement next year then I will be concerned but your call is way too early.

Im not calling anything except that it wasnt a bargain

Im not calling anything except that it wasnt a bargain

I'm not sure about it being a bargain but I reckon it was a good trade for Tyson alone. If Salem meets expectation then it will be a bargain, you seem to want to right Salem off in your rush to praise Kelly and talk of Tyson as a B or C grader. I think you are way off the mark but we will all know for sure in the next few years.

that's exactly the point, in 2-3 years Kelly should be able to do consistently what Tyson is doing now, but Tyson should also improve, and so should Salem, the fact that Tyson is playing so well almost makes him - Kelly a fair trade, Salem is basically a free hit, even if Kelly becomes a better player than Tyson it's unlikely he will become better than both, or get close

Entirely indistinguishable from Mark Neeld's list rebuild plan.

Gee, I'm saying some mean things lately.

Aaaanyway, a 3AW rumour isn't really any better than an online forum rumour, when in comes to the details, so I'm not really going to let this one rattle around too much in my head.

Though I am a little concerned that Roos has decided that an oversupply of the name Jack is a key weakness at the club.

maybe mark neeld was misunderstood about his methods, & he was going to crack this rotten EGG & fry it out on the preseason footpath.

the rotten egg finally got him; but NOT before he made some incisive cuts on its hardened iron like shell... he started the march to the frypan for those following eggs, before they go completely off.

Roos is a better cook than Neeldy, & he'll throw in 50 herbs & spices, & may even allow some eggs to hatch, but Colonel Sanders still awaits about the wings.

Edited by dee-luded

that's exactly the point, in 2-3 years Kelly should be able to do consistently what Tyson is doing now, but Tyson should also improve, and so should Salem, the fact that Tyson is playing so well almost makes him - Kelly a fair trade, Salem is basically a free hit, even if Kelly becomes a better player than Tyson it's unlikely he will become better than both, or get close

Based on that mathes we came out worse as Lewis Taylor is playing better then our "free" hit at the moment.

But Salem isnt. Your doing the classic and telling youself it was a one sided trade.

Its wasnt.

How am I saying it was only one sided ?? prey tell. They got something ...good for them.. We did better. They werent ripped off , but weve done exceptionally well.