Post Match Discussion - Round 19

Nasher

Col simply should be a leader. I hear that he is around the club but on field he doesn't impose himself on games nor inspire his team mates to work better and harder from my observations.

And at his age with his games experience we depserately need him to be that player. His form this year is not good and I personally don't buy the missed a pre-season for his woes.

• Like 1

Col simply should be a leader. I hear that he is around the club but on field he doesn't impose himself on games nor inspire his team mates to work better and harder from my observations.

And at his age with his games experience we depserately need him to be that player. His form this year is not good and I personally don't buy the missed a pre-season for his woes.

Could be a touch of Frawleyitis setting in do you think?

• Like 1

It may not be the lack of pre-season, but since you've rejected it as an explanation for his loss of form, I was hoping you would offer up another one.

It may not be the lack of pre-season, but since you've rejected it as an explanation for his loss of form, I was hoping you would offer up another one.

Like Frawley tired of losing and mind is somewhere else?

• Like 1

I don't play football at a high level but when I or any of my teammates miss a large portion of our pre-season they feel it during the season.

To reject the reason that someone is injured and not training while the rest of the comp is flying is obtuse.

This is a professional sport - if you are inured on the eve of the season, you are at a disadvantage.

• Like 2

You don't like to listen to other people do you?

I don't notice Col not running out games. I notice him getting beaten in one on ones, missing marks, looking like a startled rabbit when he has the ball, taking the wrong options. Simple little things.

But hey, he didn't have a full pre season did he, so according to you he can sit down in the back pocket with a deck chair and a pina colada and you'd be fine with it.

• Like 1

interesting subject..."The Pre Season "

If a player is to play ALL of a season from the get go and last it out then I see this Pre Season being totally valid as a reason or excuse.

Yes Col had a later start and probably took a bit to get up to speed but I dont really buy into this ...well thats why he's a bit sluggish now.stuff.

He would have been ascribed a personal fitness regime for him to get back into things and get back up to match fitness , which is where I would suppose he is.

I dont think its a fitness issue I just think hes not matching his 2013 form. How many games does it take to get that i wonder. Would have thought hed played enough by now

I don't notice Col not running out games. I notice him getting beaten in one on ones, missing marks, looking like a startled rabbit when he has the ball, taking the wrong options. Simple little things.

But hey, he didn't have a full pre season did he, so according to you he can sit down in the back pocket with a deck chair and a pina colada and you'd be fine with it.

Irony.

Also, when has Garland been beaten in one on ones? He nullifies a vast majority of dangerous situations he is involved in. He's a very good defender.

Throwing out hyperbolic claims to support your point just makes it seem like you don't know what you're talking about.

Edited by Axis of Bob

Well done, you've established for the third time that it's not the lack of pre-season. I heard you the first time and wanted you tell me what you thought it was if it wasn't a lack of pre-season, you reply by telling me yet again that it wasn't a lack of a pre-season. Swell.

I'm not trying to argue with you, debate you or disagree with you. I'm trying to encourage you to flesh your thoughts out further in to a point where you can convince me. I did genuinely want to know where you were going with this, but it's clearly futile. I'll just assume my question will go unanswered, you need not reply any further.

So you think he's down on confidence? because he wasn't getting beaten one on one last year, and was playing great football.

That's what I've noticed. Basic skill errors, absence of awareness, etc.

Why is it one or the other?

Why can't Garland simultaneously be suffering from a lack of a pre-season and be in bad form?

He could well be. I notice Tyson is playing OK without a pre-season.

He could well be. I notice Tyson is playing OK without a pre-season.

Wherever you read that - and I saw it too - it was embellishment of the highest order (it might have been Roos himself?).

Tyson was fit and firing for most of PS from our records of training updates, whereas Garland had Ankle surgery in January that saw him see action for the first time on April 22.

That's a missed pre-season...

• Like 1