My 3 word player analysis V Fremantle

joeboy

I'm not denying his rubbish delivery or his work rate, as I have said, just his obviously poor skills.

Granted, hasn't got elite skills, buy can kick from outside fifty and takes a strong contested mark.

Missed a howler from 20 out last night, but we have sooooo many turnover merchants in our team that I wouldn't know where to begin.

Girls stop fighting. We're on the same side! There was a lot of kicking out from their forward half in panic last night to nobody in particular, resulting in turnovers. The delivery to Dawes needs to be into his bread basket not above his outstretched finger tips over his head. We clearly need some more strong, tough, fast mid fielders and forwards. We have a top coach. We have poor players. Even Nathan Jones, arguably our best overall player this year and Dunn would struggle to get a game at a top four club. Look at Sylvia. Jack Watts still plays like he's at school most weeks. He might develop in about 3-5 more years. Unfortunately we need another big turnover of players but do we have the funds to get talent of the level required? At least now we have recruiting staff and a great coach instead of half blind fools for recruiters. Just some embittered but hopeful observations.

We're not fighting....it's a healthy debate.

At the end of the day, we're frustrated at a team that hasn't delivered in ten bloody years!!

Granted, hasn't got elite skills, buy can kick from outside fifty and takes a strong contested mark.

Missed a howler from 20 out last night, but we have sooooo many turnover merchants in our team that I wouldn't know where to begin.

I disagree that he takes a strong contested mark, he doesn't take many at all. But I'll just leave it at that.

Yes, most of our side are poor disposers.

This is why i think demonland is great for a laugh. Every year it's the same.

1) Season goes off the rails

2) Supporters start longing for the off-season

3) Supporters start to get impatient between start of off-season and draft

4) Draft comes and goes and hope is restored

5) As pre-season kicks in to overdrive we looked really good, increasing optimism

6) Supporters start longing for games to begin

7) Season starts and inevitably, the process begins again

My life.

• Like 3

We are not much better than last year,don't expect to win another game.Paul Roos stated that their tall mids are like centre half forwards and centre half back,too big,too strong and too talented for our guys.Our player list contains a lot of ordinary footballers.Watts should be used as a ruck rover playing in the two's until he presents himself as as a stand out.Who is going to be the Dees next ruck/ruck combination Jamar/spencer/gawn/king/fitzpatrick …… all need to improve out of sight.I wish that on the dee website players should stop propping each other up especially when the team is crap.Why don't the reserves play like the senior?and why are they so bad especially when we have so many senior players in the team?

Jones has hit a mental wall. No one's supposed to lose like this, so often.

Absolute rubbish.

He is part of a (small) group of players wgaf.

He plays with intensity, loves a contest and gets s*it delivery.

Agreed. But he is still/should be a second option. Someone that should attract the opposition and is damaging enough when they're open. Hogan will need to work a lot harder to get goals. So will Salem. These are guys that would probably get easy goals in the VFL but the gap between AFL and VFL is larger than its ever been. It's almost as if we've missed the VFL boom.

There are so any holes that put this group of players 2-3 years behind a team like Freo. Probably more! Nathan Jones is a mongrel but just never seems damaging enough. Build around Dom Tyson and Viney. Throw Jones forward imo. Give up on the Frawley experiment. Give that guy a run in the middle. Make him earn that coin.

Daniel Cross has a been a huge loss. His leadership on field is being sorely missed, as his his tenacity around contested footy and his tackles against key opposition. We have not been able to replace that, and it appears some of the younger guys feed of his leadership in the middle.

Reality is this was NOT ever a winnable game on the fixture, and although we were embarrassed I am surprised so many supporters are surprised given the quality of Freo's list Vs our own.

Moving on, we need to look at who we can get into the side to stop some of the skill errors and turnovers.

• Like 2

Need to change the name of this place to Emotionland. The banner just pictures of Robert Smith looking moody.

Emotion is the lot of being a supporter. Take that away and there's little left. Rationality comes a poor second so accept it as part of the deal.

• Like 1