Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Post Match Discussion - Round 16

Demonland

Tecnically its true that they can't tag and flood in TAC footy, but some coaches don't always abide by the spirit of the agreement. Truth is as others have pointed out that there's not much scope for overly negative tactics at that level. That said its probably why the benefit of later\rookie draft picks are crucial to finding guys that won't necessarily win a brownlow but play a role.

I am getting sick of Matt Burgan's sugar coating. It was a poor effort. No Pavlich and no Hill. Two of their very best. Both were rested!!

We failed to execute basic skills. I actually think Freo relaxed and margin could have been 80 plus.

Best get Brett Allison to do the reports then.

• Like 4

Best get Brett Allison to do the reports then.

I've loved every minute of Allison's reports. Been one of the highlights of the season for me - gives us a clear understanding of where these players are at. It's frustrating to hear they are doing poorly, but for the first time in ages we have accurate reports being given to the fans.

• Like 4

I've loved every minute of Allison's reports. Been one of the highlights of the season for me - gives us a clear understanding of where these players are at. It's frustrating to hear they are doing poorly, but for the first time in ages we have accurate reports being given to the fans.

Allison just says it as it is....no sugar coatings.. Nor should there be

• Like 5

I wasn't able to watch the game saturday. Ive watched the first half.
I thought we did quite well that first half, we just didn't really score lol.
I thought we had a fair bit of control over the contest and statistically we won the possession count i think.

It is becoming more obvious that we require 2 more very silky mids. Kent has the finish and the speed but he is still young, developing and is only really playing for patches of the game.

I think our forwards have slowed down on intensity a little bit when we actually have it ready to deliver in to the forward line. We need them leading hard and running dummy leads.
Its great how far up the ground they push and working hard around the ground, but for instance when dawes is deep, he calls for like he wants to play stay at home wrestling forward. But he is far better off getting on the lead.

If dawesy is supposed to be doing this, then we really need guys like peterson, watsy and gawn streaming out running leads.
Bombing it in long in hope that dawes might clunk it is getting silly.

Our defensive pressure is usually pretty good, but we really struggle in containing teams through the corridor. Our stagnant play is killing us, we need players running hard-and quickly for leads all over the ground, we can't just settle for stoppages and 50 50s when our best clearance winners turn it over regularly. Watts needs to work harder to get in the right positions and facilitate us through the middle, he needs space.

Id go as far to include an unfit Trengove and the current state of play Grimes

Every year of bad darfting will take 2 to 3 years of good drafting to fix we have had many years of poor drafting what is it ? maybe 22 top 20 draft picks over the last 5-6 years and not one star

Who plays like a Hodge or a Pendlebery or a Wines Quite appalling really

There are easily 20 players on the list not up to consistent AFL standard What to do about it in the medium term is the problem

So I've scanned the thread, and from what I can see not one person labelled any player a spud.

Just for the record.

Must be the only topic EVER where this hasn't happened then.

I am still waiting for the list of 20 players who should be gone at seasons end

Have had quite a few who have stated this without naming them, bit too hard is it?

We had a reasonable one in Wonaemirri when he was actually on the field and fit, which wasn't nearly enough.

In regards to the whole 'rubbish list' thing, it's plain that the list is pretty much trash and only marginally better than last season. We have at least 15 players who currently aren't up to it. A club which is going to be successful can't afford to carry that much dead weight.

I can't believe delusional people (mainly Satyriconhome) continue to champion the fact that we'll be good with very few changes - it won't happen, many of these players have been on the list for a number of years and just haven't developed. There comes a point where you have to say, enough is enough and cut them to start over. That time is this year for a number of players and although I may have a soft spot for a couple I won't be sad to see them go, as it will only advance the fortunes of the club.

Come one then undeluded one, why am I delusional because I haven't said we need to delist, get rid of 15 to 20 or even 30 players, do you want to name them, still waiiting....as per the norm for a lot of posters on here....all talk and no action or all wind and [censored]

Allison just says it as it is....no sugar coatings.. Nor should there be

Does remind of what we saying about Neeld's approach when he first came in.

Edited by nutbean

Our defensive pressure is usually pretty good, but we really struggle in containing teams through the corridor.

No we don't - that's the one thing we have excelled at this year. We have shaved masses off the "against" column because we haven't let the opposition team own the corridor and as Roos has pointed out - we have mostly made other times take shots from "difficult places."

Two thing need to improve.

- Our midfield has taken massive steps forward from last year - but we still need to be much better.

- our entries in the forward line need to improve.

I believe both will come - through drafting/trading and continued Roos guidance.

• Like 1

But whose fault is it?

We have at least 20 players on our books who will not take this club forward.

They simply do not have the size skills or mindset to do so.

Above is the post that started your fit.

Must be the only topic EVER where this hasn't happened then.

I am still waiting for the list of 20 players who should be gone at seasons end

Have had quite a few who have stated this without naming them, bit too hard is it?

WYL did not say they would be delisted - he said they would not take the club forward.

Approximately 8 or 9 of the 45 listed players will go at the end of the season: Clark, Byrnes, Blease, Strauss, Westrupp, Nicholson, Tapscott, Georgiou, Terlich, Barry and Clisby are the players that will make up these 8 or 9. The bolded players are near definite deletions at this stage.

In addition to the 11 players listed above: Evans, Gawn, Fitzpatrick, and Spencer are also treading water in their development, McKenzie, M Jones and Bail are limited players that would struggle to get a game with even middling teams, and Cross and Jamar have 1 or 2 years left.

In addition to these 20 players; Trengove has a career threatening foot injury, and Harmes, Toumpas, Riley, Michie, Hunt, and King are speculative youngsters (a couple of them are not so young) that we do not yet know will make it at this level.

That is 27 players that are not in a position to say they will be around in 3 years time, or that the club are in a position to show faith in.

!

Kent, Salem, Hogan and JKH are not yet ready to shoulder a large burden on their talented shoulders and we have a team of 14 AFL ready players who just have to be fit and in form for us to compete with any team.

How anyone can think our list is in good shape is beyond me.

WYL is right at this stage - and, unfortunately, you have nothing but insults to beat him back with.

Edited by rpfc
  • Like 6

Come one then undeluded one, why am I delusional because I haven't said we need to delist, get rid of 15 to 20 or even 30 players, do you want to name them, still waiiting....as per the norm for a lot of posters on here....all talk and no action or all wind and [censored]

So satyr. You are quite happy and satisfied with the progression of the current list thus far.

Yes or no?

If yes you are most delusional as rpfc has illustrated plainly above.

WYL did not say they would be delisted - he said they would not take the club forward.

Approximately 8 or 9 of the 45 listed players will go at the end of the season: Clark, Byrnes, Blease, Strauss, Westrupp, Nicholson, Tapscott, Georgiou, Terlich, Barry and Clisby are the players that will make up these 8 or 9. The bolded players are near definite deletions at this stage.

In addition to the 11 players listed above: Evans, Gawn, Fitzpatrick, and Spencer are also treading water in their development, McKenzie, M Jones and Bail are limited players that would struggle to get a game with even middling teams, and Cross and Jamar have 1 or 2 years left.

In addition to these 20 players; Trengove has a career threatening foot injury, and Harmes, Toumpas, Riley, Michie, Hunt, and King are speculative youngsters (a couple of them are not so young) that we do not yet know will make it at this level.

That is 27 players that are not in a position to say they will be around in 3 years time, or that the club are in a position to show faith in.

!

Kent, Salem, Hogan and JKH are not yet ready to shoulder a large burden on their talented shoulders and we have a team of 14 AFL ready players who just have to be fit and in form for us to compete with any team.

WYL is right at this stage - and, unfortunately, you have nothing but insults to beat him back with.

I dont agree with where every name sits in relation to their demise but that really only goes to semantics of sorts. Overall its on the money in terms of defining the nature of our mess.

There are players whose ceiling inst high enough to impact sufficiently on the caliber of the teamsheet

There are players who whilst they have talent seldom seem able to bring it for reasons of injury or for want of any word, gusto.

We have some players who are just too green, but hopefully will develop

and we've got some who are flawed gems

We have a handful of really good players, some unfortunately wont be at the MFC long enough.

Theres an article today about StKilda's lost years. Weve got ours as well

I seem to recall when Roos first came a team sheet appeared with some names indicating who were a starting point and the gaps were to be filled in over the course of the season(s) I have a sneaking suspicion that sheet has shrunk in a fashion with less names as certainties and more placed into the 'not quite sure" basket

In and of itself that isnt a bad thing as I feel comfortable suggesting the FD has a very good handle on where we are and what e need to do and the type of players it will go seek in order to "go forward and up"

• Like 1

!

I love a challenge, what you have typed above is your opinion, yours and WYL are not facts, you must remember that, mine differs on a few points, considering that Jetta, Dunn and Pedersen have been definite 'get rid ofs'

Spencer has been resigned, obviously the FD's opinion differs to yours

Westrupp....drawing a long bow there, he is not on the list technically

How do you know that some players would struggle to get a game?, your opinion again, not a fact.....perhaps St Kilda or even GWS could use them at the moment

Trengove is fine, I spoke to him, wanting to start an unfounded rumour there

I could go on picking holes but you get my drift

1. Evans

2. Tapscott

3. Blease

4. Spencer

5. Fitzpatrick

6. Barry

7. westrupp

8. Hunt

9. King

10. Harmes

11. Byrnes

12. Clisby

13. Mckenzie

14. Strauss

15. Nicholson

16. Terlich

17. Clark

so that's 17 players I legitimately don't see being part of our next finals push, they won't all be gone at years end and you can never write off Roosys ability to improve players but right now, they wouldn't get a look in in top 8 sides, or won't be on our list next year anyway

There are players whose ceiling inst high enough to impact sufficiently on the caliber of the teamsheet

There are players who whilst they have talent seldom seem able to bring it for reasons of injury or for want of any word, gusto.

We have some players who are just too green, but hopefully will develop

and we've got some who are flawed gems

We have a handful of really good players, some unfortunately wont be at the MFC long enough.

Summed up beautifully - and in that list above there are some players who we may have in one of the columns who jumps into another column.

(Nev Jetta this season being one them).

8 will go at the end of year and 8 the year after - that's normal.

To me - it's not about who we let go at the end of this year and next year - it's about who we bring in.

So satyr. You are quite happy and satisfied with the progression of the current list thus far.

Yes or no?

If yes you are most delusional as rpfc has illustrated plainly above.

No I am not, but I don't make outlandish statements and then have to eat humble pie, let me think Dunn, Pedersen and Jetta spring to mind

But there are a myriad of reasons why players have not 'developed', it is not a simple thing, otherwise a group of posters on here would be running a Footy Dept, a Footy Dept that would turn over 20 players a year for the hell of it, but nevertheless a Footy Dept

I just get staggered by some of the toing an froing....Salem being the perfect choice, a couple of weeks ago he was the new saviour, now according to some he is a boy playing a man's game, if you get my drift

Saty, when Trengove strings together half a dozen games and shows some of his original pizazz , then and only then will I consider him "fine"

currently I have him as a NQR. Hes not alone

1. Evans

2. Tapscott

3. Blease

4. Spencer

5. Fitzpatrick

6. Barry

7. westrupp

8. Hunt

9. King

10. Harmes

11. Byrnes

12. Clisby

13. Mckenzie

14. Strauss

15. Nicholson

16. Terlich

17. Clark

so that's 17 players I legitimately don't see being part of our next finals push, they won't all be gone at years end and you can never write off Roosys ability to improve players but right now, they wouldn't get a look in in top 8 sides, or won't be on our list next year anyway

Again your opinion, again stop padding your list with Westrupp he is not on the list, and Clark is padding as well, which bit of Spencer has just signed a new 2 year contract don't some of you don't get?

How many games have you seen King and Hunt play this year?

To me - it's not about who we let go at the end of this year and next year - it's about who we bring in.

yes....this is where we will better the list. Agree 100%

Again your opinion, again stop padding your list with Westrupp he is not on the list, and Clark is padding as well, which bit of Spencer has just signed a new 2 year contract don't some of you don't get?

How many games have you seen King and Hunt play this year?

Which top 8 side would any of those blokes get a game in Saty? read my comment.

I also stated they either wouldn't get a game in a top 8 side at the moment, or they won't be on the list next year anyway, I find it hard to believe either Clark or Westrupp will be on the list next year

I have seen Harmes play some okay games, attacks the ball well, but as I said right now he probably isn't in our best 22 let alone the best 22 of a better side

and Hunt is a raw talent, love his pace but again, wouldn't get a look in at a top 8 side.