Casey Scorpions v Williamstown

KC from Casey

Meanwhile the bloke he is in awe of, can't even get on the park for us. Talk about hypocrisy.

he's doing fine, occasionally, young players take more than a year and a half to become good at AFL Level, mind you Toump is averaging 17 touches at AFL level so he's doing okay anyway, it's just how well Wines is doing that is making people more concerned

We can't know where these guys are at. In a good club, players develop for two or 3 seasons at reserves level before they crack it for a game.

From the reports, they all have a lot to work on. I don't know why Nicho was chosen ahead of Blease, maybe Roos wants more shutdown rather than line breaking this week?

They should be dominating within the young, inexperienced Casey team, but up against well structured, mature teams it is going to be hard to show your skills (Kyle Cheney struggles at Dees, but in a team of champions looks good at Hawks).

JKH and Toump I would not see as 'written off'', but developing. Blease for me is in the undecided pile, I think Strauss needs another preseason to judge. The rest? Check the expiry dates.

Seriously? Having watched nearly every game this year I would think that it would barely go any worse without the 10 VFL players out there (with the exception of Smith). I don't know how I would feel if I was an aspiring AFL player and had to play in this rabble week after week. You have virtually no possibility of showing your wares when any attacking effort is rebuffed back over your head. The ball use in this game is terrible (including the MFC guys today). They do not play together well, clearly do not know each other. In these conditions you have to work together, particularly into the wind. But the coaching has also let them down. Willy had 2 back in the defence in the second quarter I don't think Casey had one extra back in the first although Toump may have been. I really do not know how anyone can read anything from these games, there is no possibility for development for the players you mention. I give up but admire you people here at Demonland who keep hanging in.. Cheers

The Gysberts story has not been written and probably only known to a few.

Gysberts averaged around 20 possessions per game and after getting 26 and 27 disposals respectively in his first 2 games he injured is back in the third and missed the rest of the season. In his second season he played 15 games despite missing most of the preseason with a back injury. In its wisdom the MFC insisted he attend the China trip despite having a disk problem in his back and the subsequent travel worsened his injury. His stats and his performance in his second season were exceptional despite the mismanagement and he regularly obtained more than 20 possessions and achieved 30 in one. His numbers are not dissimilar to Jack Viney's.

Of course we then needed to toughen up and Neeld arrived. Gysberts promising career ended and despite going to North Melbourne at the end of the season the damage had been done and his interest in an AFL career gone and he finished his career going through the motions in the VFL with no desire to go further.

He is probably the biggest loss of the Neeld years and the greatest example of mismanagement I've seen. If Roos had arrived at MFC in 2012 instead of Neeld we'd have an A grade mid.

Football departments objectives are to provide an environment for players to be as good as they can be but for Gysberts the opposite was the case. Say what you like but he was a kid who against Geelong, a powerhouse, in his first game showed he had one of the most important skills in AFL footy - he could get the ball and use it pretty well. Although he wasn't a long kick he was proficient over shorter distances, he had very clean hands and he had vision.

He is vilified here because he promised so much early and people are disappointed but the reality is he was grossly mismanaged and a great talent was lost.

Comments like "it was all downhill after his first game" are just wrong.

I love these posts. Thanks for putting some facts around the situation but you forgot a serious couple of facts.

He didn't have an appetite or attitude to do what it takes. He had no defensive skills, no tank and couldn't run out of sight on a dark night. And if you believe the story that he refused to do a time trial because it was hot, then that says it all about his attitude,

And BTW Norf couldn't get him to work either but of course once you have been touched with the Melbourne wand you are stuffed for life. Beamer, Morton, Gysberts - all rooned because Melbourne didn't tuck them into bed at night.

Yep its our fault. What does that say about the players like Nathan Jones who went through the same situtation?

• Like 3

Am I allowed to say "You're an [censored]"?

If not, my apologies, Mods please delete. Otherwise ...

Mate get it through your head. Toumpas needs to stand up, he is way off the mark right now and is barely making the Casey Seniors. For what we took him at the draft is a joke right now, if I didnt know any better I would think BP were behind picking him up.

And the mighty Toump the only player to have a stat in each column - including a hitout.

JKH looks to be getting his mojo back, 13 possessions and 4 tackles, more than respectable in half a game of footy where you're being thrashed.

• Like 1

Mate get it through your head. Toumpas needs to stand up, he is way off the mark right now and is barely making the Casey Seniors. For what we took him at the draft is a joke right now, if I didnt know any better I would think BP were behind picking him up.

he has been going okay, 21 touches and 6 tackles last week is fine, he's developing, i don't agree that he's barely making casey seniors i reckon that's way off the mark

and him being drafted was obvious at the time he was rated at pick 2 most of the year, i think alot were shocked the giants didn't pick him up, personally i reckon it was part of the Hogan deal that they'd let him slide through to us

I feel like the censored post relates to you as well.

He is well and truley in the casey firsts and is not far off selection week in week out. Is he getting 30 touches a week no. But really players have to develop and saying he is way of the mark is a vast over statement and really an uninformed, boring and expected garbage post that you usually come up with

Edited by Mad_Melbourne
  • Like 2

The Gysberts story has not been written and probably only known to a few.

Gysberts averaged around 20 possessions per game and after getting 26 and 27 disposals respectively in his first 2 games he injured is back in the third and missed the rest of the season. In his second season he played 15 games despite missing most of the preseason with a back injury. In its wisdom the MFC insisted he attend the China trip despite having a disk problem in his back and the subsequent travel worsened his injury. His stats and his performance in his second season were exceptional despite the mismanagement and he regularly obtained more than 20 possessions and achieved 30 in one. His numbers are not dissimilar to Jack Viney's.

Of course we then needed to toughen up and Neeld arrived. Gysberts promising career ended and despite going to North Melbourne at the end of the season the damage had been done and his interest in an AFL career gone and he finished his career going through the motions in the VFL with no desire to go further.

He is probably the biggest loss of the Neeld years and the greatest example of mismanagement I've seen. If Roos had arrived at MFC in 2012 instead of Neeld we'd have an A grade mid.

Football departments objectives are to provide an environment for players to be as good as they can be but for Gysberts the opposite was the case. Say what you like but he was a kid who against Geelong, a powerhouse, in his first game showed he had one of the most important skills in AFL footy - he could get the ball and use it pretty well. Although he wasn't a long kick he was proficient over shorter distances, he had very clean hands and he had vision.

He is vilified here because he promised so much early and people are disappointed but the reality is he was grossly mismanaged and a great talent was lost.

Comments like "it was all downhill after his first game" are just wrong.

Well Brad Scott cut him after 1 season at north where he didnt play 1 senior game when nth needed a midfielder and even when they got injuries they never looked at him so that tells me something about him.