Training - Thursday 5th June, 2014

beelzebub

it was a bleak and foreboding morning down at Gosch's...... well actually it was quite sunny ( of sorts ) in the period I and another stalwart of these forums visited training today.

I wont be submitting one on those wonderous reports as to be frank I cant understand how anyone does. I just cant see everything that goes on...lol

Some things I ( we) did take note of.

No order and no ranking.

Didnt see Hogan anywhere.

Dawes seems very VERY keen. Salem is silky. We struck GOLD here

Im still seeing a bit of wayward kicking and unforced inaccuracies at training. Im also seeing a lot, LOT, of spark in players.. Some players frustrate with ability at training and not reproducing under pressure.

team trains vastly differently...

i'LL hand over to anyone else who went and fill in as I remember

cheers

• Like 4

Open training session Sat at 10.30 am and note Toump, Pig Dog and Jordie named in the casey team for saturday afternoon against the Pies

And unless thereare mystery injures I reckon that is where they will be.

Based on Roos actions up until now I think Dawes In Toump out.

I'll just ping away with a few observations.

Viney is General in waiting. Very good reader of play and very forthright in communicating it during training. Interstlingly he apologised to grimesy at one instant where he obviously thought he may have overstepped his ark.. in reality he hadnt.

Why on earth Tappy hasnt stepped up...aLas :( its all there

Watts still needs 5 kg or thereabouts.

we didnt see the mesiah there..might have been ..just didnt see him.

Something I noted.. i dont think we play on nearly quick enough.

in the match simulation and drills there seems to be an instruction to play on where you can. Some of our guys ( sorry, and honestly ) telegraph, still, their intents. . This has to change.

• Like 1

Open training session Sat at 10.30 am and note Toump, Pig Dog and Jordie named in the casey team for saturday afternoon against the Pies

Probably means Gawn plays 1's

I said on another thread I went today.

A couple of observations

King was running straight 100 metre sprints on the other oval for about 30 minutes when I first got there and then went in.

Salem is IMO the best kick in the squad by some margin and Nicholson the worst if only Nicho could kick!

If McDonald was a good kick he would be All Australian, does everything else very well.

I agree with bb Tapscott was in the best five today at training, he looks a $million, marks well kicks well covers ground fast.

Why on Earth he is poor during a match never ceases to amaze me.

I though Gawn was a little off today seemed to drop the ball a lot.

Might have just been the roles he was playing near me but Frawley looked less than 100% into the drills.

• Like 2

I said on another thread I went today.

A couple of observations

King was running straight 100 metre sprints on the other oval for about 30 minutes when I first got there and then went in.

Salem is IMO the best kick in the squad by some margin and Nicholson the worst if only Nicho could kick!

If McDonald was a good kick he would be All Australian, does everything else very well.

I agree with bb Tapscott was in the best five today at training, he looks a $million, marks well kicks well covers ground fast.

Why on Earth he is poor during a match never ceases to amaze me.

I though Gawn was a little off today seemed to drop the ball a lot.

Might have just been the roles he was playing near me but Frawley looked less than 100% into the drills.

I think Tappy just hasn't had a good run at it, he seems to get one injury after another, maybe if he could get in to the main group at pre season instead of the rehab group he might give it a shot.

I think Tappy just hasn't had a good run at it, he seems to get one injury after another, maybe if he could get in to the main group at pre season instead of the rehab group he might give it a shot.

Sadly Robbie baring a miracle I think he will be elsewhere in 2015

Sadly Robbie baring a miracle I think he will be elsewhere in 2015

You never know, he might have an amazing second half of the season and force his way back. It could happen. Actually, I would be thrilled if it did happen, because he has shown glimpses here and there of how good he could be. It's just a matter of actually getting there.

• Like 1

he needs to play a succession of games.

i still hold out hope that he can make it best 22. i've given up on blease, strauss.

I tend to agree . Blease seems far too lightweight. Strauss...... hasnt set anything on fire

You never know, he might have an amazing second half of the season and force his way back. It could happen. Actually, I would be thrilled if it did happen, because he has shown glimpses here and there of how good he could be. It's just a matter of actually getting there.

its funny you should say that. Off all the players struggling in the twos tappy is the one I have a gut feeling roos could turn him around. Mainly because he has the grunt and attack roos loves, as does jordie, but unlike jirfie also has good skills and a legitimate weapon with his penetrating kick. Seems to me the perfect roos project player

I'll just ping away with a few observations.

Viney is General in waiting. Very good reader of play and very forthright in communicating it during training. Interstlingly he apologised to grimesy at one instant where he obviously thought he may have overstepped his ark.. in reality he hadnt.

Why on earth Tappy hasnt stepped up...aLas :( its all there

Watts still needs 5 kg or thereabouts.

we didnt see the mesiah there..might have been ..just didnt see him.

Something I noted.. i dont think we play on nearly quick enough.

in the match simulation and drills there seems to be an instruction to play on where you can. Some of our guys ( sorry, and honestly ) telegraph, still, their intents. . This has to change.

He can have mine, free of charge.

• Like 2

Give Tapscott a role under Roos and we'll see. If he can stay injury free, I'm not going to rule him out. This pretty much goes for anyone that hasn't played a few games under Roos.

Give Tapscott a role under Roos and we'll see. If he can stay injury free, I'm not going to rule him out. This pretty much goes for anyone that hasn't played a few games under Roos.

There will need to be a few spaces made on the list AF we cannot keep them all.

Tapscott's agility and running ability hold him back.

Blokes run around him with relative ease.

I know it is like dancing with your sister but he looks like a Champ at training.

Went past today and saw Jordie and Jack Fitz training with what looked like the Casey guys (I didn't recognise any of them!)

Suspect that means he won't be playing against the Filth.....