Changes vs Collingwood

Nasher

Hard to make changes aside from Dawes when Casey have the week off. Has to be Gawn out for him. He had no impact on the game and we will be top heavy with him. I really want to see Kent back in the side as soon as possible as he adds a great combo of speed, hardness and smarts to our forward set up. I found Toumpas game underwhelming, he makes good decisions when he has the ball but doesn't involve himself enough when he doesn't have it.

In Dawes, Kent (Sub)

Out Gawn, Toumpas

• Like 1

His form doesnt warrant selection yet but we need Blease . Matt white showed in patches what break neck speed can produce and we are lackng in this area . cmon Sammy get up .

Blease, by all accounts from Casey, is a long way from pushing for MFC selection, and therefore is surely "at the crossroads". Too many have passed him by, and if Roos can't find a role for him and guide him to fill that role, then his future surely looks shaky. It is all very well to have pace and be able to kick the odd running goal, but we all know Roos demands far more especially accountability and defensive pressure.

Agreed, though the pig dog may be preferred to Kent.

Though nobody at all seems to know why the PD pulled out yesterday.

We've got one of the best taggers in the game but no-one has woken up to him yet because he doesn't use the usual tagger tactics he just puts his body in a gets the ball ahead of his opponent. Daniel Cross is having a great season.

Great call.

Out: Our Grand Final

In: Just another H&A game where we try to suffocate our opposition to prove we are a real side, and come away with four points.

I would love to hear Nathan Jones or Chris Dawes say words to this effect during the week, and nip that noxious crap in the bud before it begins. I can already hear the Collingwood supporters, players and coaches belittling us now and making excuses, and it hasn't even started yet.

It's already started, at least for me. I can't stand it. But I suspect we won't be able to get rid of it unless and until we start making finals and being successful, so that we get some bigger games and QBD doesn't stick out like a sore thumb in our fixture.

• Like 2

Great call.

It's already started, at least for me. I can't stand it. But I suspect we won't be able to get rid of it unless and until we start making finals and being successful, so that we get some bigger games and QBD doesn't stick out like a sore thumb in our fixture.

Bring on 2015

• Like 1

Gawn had an ordinary game and i reckon maybe the heat got to the big bloke a bit,.After a good rest , with his attitude and cult status at the G, and with a big crowd, he may just create a bit of havoc against the pies, like he did against Richmond. Im kinda liking the idea of Pederson, Gawn and Dawes up forward. .......AND ...I cannot wait for an in form Cris Dawes to go up against the Filth!

There was an interesting poll on TV while we were playing a couple of weeks back, and that was...."who would you rather havein your team, Cloke or Dawes?".... an overwhelming 90% said Dawes. Most pies fans are now fuming they let him go, and if he gets a couple of early ones, look out!

Not sure what to do with Grimes. Forward move maybe or even a rest with general soreness? Thats the hard one atm.

• Like 1

Dawes in.

Gawn out.

Unless any other niggles or illnesses occur during the week.

Toump did just enough to keep his spot IMO. Unlucky for Gawn, he does need a run of games though.

Roos likes team stability.

Couldn't agree more with this. Gawn is the logical choice to miss out for Dawes and after that there is no need to make wholesale changes. We've had team stability throughout the year and it's worked.

• Like 1

Will be interesting to see if Dunny or Pedo get sighted for their bumps - neither player they hit was majorly hurt so should get off.

Not sure if big Max was ill or not, but he was sure struggling with pace of game against Port and is the obvious omission for Dawes.

Pedo will just have to give Jamar a bit of back up.

Cross probably would have gone to Sidebottom, but I wonder if he'll pick up Beams now.

No and no idea.

Dawes for Gawn.

Think Toumpy probably did enough to keep his spot

Agreed, mate.

In: Dawes Kent

Out: Toumpas Gawn (just to give him more time in VFL to shine, he does look good though)

those of you think Grimes should be dropped, you're delusional. That is not how you show faith in a player who truly gives his best. Grimes will come good, just needs to work on the skill aspect. He is a leader who is committed to the contest and the team.

I don't think many of us are saying he will be dropped. There's no one to take his place and I think you'll find Roos will persists with Grimes for the rest of the year. Let's hope he improves his decision making and disposal.

The best thing for Max this year, is to get through the whole season without any major injuries. So far, so good.

I think staying fit and building his endurance are the two major targets for Gawn this year.

Don't know the Riley situation so I'll leave him out.

Dawes in is a given. I'll reckon Gawn will stay, despite an ordinary game yesterday, because he will cause a headache to the Filth's defence .

On the last in first out basis - Toump will go.

Or they'll run off him like GWS did. Can't see Gawn staying in next week.

They aren't going to bring anyone in from casey after having 2 weeks off.

Dawes in definitely.

Regarding Riley, I think it was just a match up thing.

He is not abundant with pace, I think they wanted more ball runners to counteract Powers runners.

They will probably do the same with the Pies.

Did any of our boys get game for the state VFL game?

Dawes is the obvious inclusion for gawn. Riley is hard at it, and is rested which could pose as a problem for Collingwood. Toump was okay, but could make way for Riley.

Dawes for Gawn

Collingwood have a lot of harden bodies in the midfield and Riley would be my choice over Toump.

No one really pressing from VFL 2 weeks ago.

Think Kent has a spot in the 22 but no issue in making him earn it.

Blease, by all accounts from Casey, is a long way from pushing for MFC selection, and therefore is surely "at the crossroads". Too many have passed him by, and if Roos can't find a role for him and guide him to fill that role, then his future surely looks shaky. It is all very well to have pace and be able to kick the odd running goal, but we all know Roos demands far more especially accountability and defensive pressure.

Though nobody at all seems to know why the PD pulled out yesterday.

2years ago Blease looked like he would be a good player to have in the side, now Roos ethos really highlights what a one dimensional player he is. Roos presence has educated us supporters as well as the player. We all demand so much more from players now

White also has elite endurance and makes reasonable decisions.

He is a senior player who was quickest at the club at the RFC and went to port because toiges wouldnt pay more than 200k to keep him ( fact ) . They didnt value his pace and have paid for it this year . We need 1 or 2 with standout pace for defensive roles or attack . Blease could be the man with continuing development . He has taken steps foward in the two's but isnt consistent . Cmon Sammy .

He is a senior player who was quickest at the club at the RFC and went to port because toiges wouldnt pay more than 200k to keep him ( fact ) . They didnt value his pace and have paid for it this year . We need 1 or 2 with standout pace for defensive roles or attack . Blease could be the man with continuing development . He has taken steps foward in the two's but isnt consistent . Cmon Sammy .

He was apparently a dyed in the wool tiger since a youngster too, so it must have taken something fairly disrespectful from richmond for him to leave

Minmal change Dawes for Gawn and given casey haven't played for 2 weeks I doubt anyone could expect to come in. The weather may influence any other changes

I haven't seen the game but I understand Jamar had a "swing and a miss". is there any chance he could be suspended for "attempted striking" (does such an offence even still exist?)

Please ... don't tempt the MRP.

"Player Jamar suspended for three weeks for attempted high contact, deliberate, coodabeen high impact."

"Player Sidebum cleared of accidental high contact, low impact, [censored]bovine excrement [censored] bovine excrement[censored]bovine excrement..."

Edited by monoccular

I don't agree with dropping Gawn, look on Saturday, we looked dangerous with Pederson as a permanent forward, as soon as he was needed to be that second ruckman our forward line stopped working. His two best games has been as a permanent forward. To me we should line up

Gawn Dawes Salem

Watts Pederson Howe

Vince N Jones Cross

Garland McDonald Terlich

Jetta Frawley Dunn

Jamar Tyson Viney

Grimes M Jones Bail JKH

Out Toumpas

In Dawes

Frawley to go back, our tall backs need him back and enable Garland and Dunn to control the footy from back there.

• Like 1

He was apparently a dyed in the wool tiger since a youngster too, so it must have taken something fairly disrespectful from richmond for him to leave

A mate chatted with him , they wouldnt give him a pay increase and Port were prepared to pay another 100 k or so to bring him over. He didnt want to leave but they didnt rate him and he rightfully believes in himself.

It worries me that we dont have any one in the team to go with the likes of a Lewis Jetta Matt White type of player . in big games later on it could hurt us.

I don't agree with dropping Gawn, look on Saturday, we looked dangerous with Pederson as a permanent forward, as soon as he was needed to be that second ruckman our forward line stopped working. His two best games has been as a permanent forward. To me we should line up

Gawn Dawes Salem

Watts Pederson Howe

Vince N Jones Cross

Garland McDonald Terlich

Jetta Frawley Dunn

Jamar Tyson Viney

Grimes M Jones Bail JKH

Out Toumpas

In Dawes

Frawley to go back, our tall backs need him back and enable Garland and Dunn to control the footy from back there.

Gawn Dawes Salem

Watts Pederson Howe

Vince N Jones Cross

Garland McDonald Terlich

Jetta Frawley Dunn

Jamar Tyson Viney

Grimes M Jones Bail JKH

Out Toumpas

In Dawes

Agree completely!

I haven't seen the game but I understand Jamar had a "swing and a miss". is there any chance he could be suspended for "attempted striking" (does such an offence even still exist?)

What I find hilarious is we have put the clip on the Club website, if he had connected, he would have got weeks

A mate chatted with him , they wouldnt give him a pay increase and Port were prepared to pay another 100 k or so to bring him over. He didnt want to leave but they didnt rate him and he rightfully believes in himself.

It worries me that we dont have any one in the team to go with the likes of a Lewis Jetta Matt White type of player . in big games later on it could hurt us.

I think Port offered him a longer deal, more money and a coach who believed he was best 22 compared to Hardwick who liked him as the sub too much.

A speedster would be nice but Port and Sydney get more benefit from a collection of speedy types than one super fast guy.

Sydney have Malceski and Shaw, Jetta and Jack, McVeigh and others. Speed in all areas of the ground seems to be the key. I'm happy with JKH, Salem and Kent and hoping Watts keeps learning how to play fast. Jayden Hunt is going to take some time but he's one who has really nice leg speed.