• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Nev Jetta's family racially abused at Bulldogs game...

hardtack

Snap was just about to post, Good on Peter Gordon and the Bulldogs for their press release, no nonsense deals with it quickly and hopefully provide some closure. Am sorry for Jetta and his family though. I'd have a hard time not jumping the fence if someone had a a go at my family.

edit grammar

Edited by Ingeniokinetikey
  • Like 2

This makes me so angry. It embarrasses and shames me that in 2014, there's still idiots out there with this pathetic attitude that is about 50 years out of date.

^ As ingeniokinetikey said, well done to the Bulldogs administration for their response.

• Like 5

"We were told that the abuse was reported at the time and that the perpetrator was monitored but due to an error he was not ejected by the security company. Subsequent efforts by the staff of the MCC to identify this person by CCTV footage, and by review of the ticketing records, have not so far proved successful."

How can this occur if he was being monitored? A very disappointing outcome if this individual has gotten off scot free.

"We were told that the abuse was reported at the time and that the perpetrator was monitored but due to an error he was not ejected by the security company. Subsequent efforts by the staff of the MCC to identify this person by CCTV footage, and by review of the ticketing records, have not so far proved successful."

How can this occur if he was being monitored? A very disappointing outcome if this individual has gotten off scot free.

Presumably "monitored" just means someone was "keeping an eye" on him and not much more than that.

This makes me so angry. It embarrasses and shames me that in 2014, there's still idiots out there with this pathetic attitude that is about 50 years out of date.

^ As ingeniokinetikey said, well done to the Bulldogs administration for their response.

Nasher I am surprised you are surprised!

You need to get out more or leave the gentle side of life occasionally.

Unfortunately Racial discrimination is alive and well.

Perhaps unusual at the an AFL game now but believe me that does not represent the real world.

I would say Nasher that there is now as much if not more of it than 50 years ago.

Sad but that is what I see.

I have an Asian son in law he would get it every single week mostly subtle but sometimes not so.

• Like 2

Deduct 4 points off the offending supporters team straight away.

Harsh penalty yep but it would stop the problem stone dead.

Simple.

Please WYL........How easy would it be to dress as an opposition supporter, racially abuse one of your players and get 4 points

Please have a think before you post....You are better than this post indicates.

• Like 5

Deduct 4 points off the offending supporters team straight away.

Harsh penalty yep but it would stop the problem stone dead.

Simple.

Please WYL........How easy would it be to dress as an opposition supporter, racially abuse one of your players and get 4 points

The ladder at years end would be all teams on zero points

We could then have a lottery to determine the Grand Finalists.

With a wee dram of luck it could Dees vs GWS

I like the idea.

Lets lobby the AFL

I beg your pardon.

I am sure after interviewing someone it would be easy to find out the team they support.

Back to Clown School Boss

I'd just like to say that Nevs a fantastic footballer & I think person. Have met has family a couple of times just briefly & chatted, & I think they are great people who love their Son & they love this great Indigenous game.

I'm sorry they endured this sort of rubbish from over exuberant opposition fan. and the hurt this causes the quest to be treated normally, as we all should expect.

Nevs family is fantastic, especially his mum. & very smart & knowledgeable around footy.

• Like 2

Nasher I am surprised you are surprised!

You need to get out more or leave the gentle side of life occasionally.

Unfortunately Racial discrimination is alive and well.

Perhaps unusual at the an AFL game now but believe me that does not represent the real world.

I would say Nasher that there is now as much if not more of it than 50 years ago.

Sad but that is what I see.

I have an Asian son in law he would get it every single week mostly subtle but sometimes not so.

OD with you on this one, unfortunately, (as you know I wear 39 on my jumper so I am absolutely bloody horrified), but I have an anecdote to share, there were 3 indigenous visitors (2 males one female) to Melbourne from WA, (they had been invited to the Melbourne Cup) trying to find a motel in East Melbourne, I actually saw a couple cross the road rather than talk to them and then they got a gobful of abuse from a passing car, I stopped to assist them, mentioned Nev and then had a great footy conversation for about 15 minutes, I now proudly wear a wristband they gave me to say thanks

Edited by Satyriconhome
  • Like 1

I beg your pardon.

I am sure after interviewing someone it would be easy to find out the team they support.

Back to Clown School Boss

Oh Dear.....

nash, its being treated like a dog, that makes people act like a dog.

society is largely to blame for these sorts of issues, because many in society are constantly abused when young & bullied etc, even just put down on a regular basis. deflating their self-worth & then their development; in all areas.

so this sort of talk (there's still idiots out there) is just the sort of stuff our kids hear, then learn; take it to school, & use it against vulnerable kids, consigning most of them to be underdogs.

this is how it starts, & the cycle continues, because we allow this sort of denigration to stay alive. next generation takes back to school, & the cycles spins again. We reap what we sow.

Roosy I'm sure would Not speak to people or even think about others in this way. He's a positive person that likes to learn & to help & teach wherever he can.

This is why our MFC underdog players are starting to develop & contribute to the team ethos; & the Hollywood Boulevard attitude has been trucked to the nearest Tip.

I feel certain the Roos family teaches their kids that all people are equal, & should be shown the same respect. this attitude allows people to feel good about themselves, which inturn allows growth across the whole community. benefiting all.

Edited by dee-luded

The ladder at years end would be all teams on zero points

We could then have a lottery to determine the Grand Finalists.

With a wee dram of luck it could Dees vs GWS

I like the idea.

Lets lobby the AFL

or we could have a lottery for the draft. :cool:

Presumably "monitored" just means someone was "keeping an eye" on him and not much more than that.

The moment he was identified he should've been taken to an interview room. Either a bad procedural breakdown or the wrong procedure.

Lifetime bans for these idiots. Nothing less.

OD with you on this one, unfortunately, (as you know I wear 39 on my jumper so I am absolutely bloody horrified), but I have an anecdote to share, there were 3 indigenous visitors (2 males one female) to Melbourne from WA, (they had been invited to the Melbourne Cup) trying to find a motel in East Melbourne, I actually saw a couple cross the road rather than talk to them and then they got a gobful of abuse from a passing car, I stopped to assist them, mentioned Nev and then had a great footy conversation for about 15 minutes, I now proudly wear a wristband they gave me to say thanks

Now this is going to sound defeatist But I have been around for a considerable time and I think it is going to be around for the rest of the time that humans inhabit this planet.

I actually think it is getting worse.

I'd just like to say that Nevs a fantastic footballer & I think person. Have met has family a couple of times just briefly & chatted, & I think they are great people who love their Son & they love this great Indigenous game.

I'm sorry they endured this sort of rubbish from over exuberant opposition fan. and the hurt this causes the quest to be treated normally, as we all should expect.

Nevs family is fantastic, especially his mum. & very smart & knowledgeable around footy.

Can agree 100%, have met Nevs family several times at training, they are a great footy family and lovely people.

Now this is going to sound defeatist But I have been around for a considerable time and I think it is going to be around for the rest of the time that humans inhabit this planet.

I actually think it is getting worse.

it's certainly around od.......but as far as indigenous folk go it's certainly not as bad as it was, nor is it getting worse (imo)

i agree that racism and humans goes hand-in-hand