Your favourite part of the win

45HG

Tyson's goal. Without a doubt.

Was at Crown watching the game. Had this Adelaide couple on a table next to me. The whole game I was pretty timid, only really perking up on an obviously bad call or to criticise Melbourne, but they would get stuck into me every time Adelaide scored a goal, turning to me like as if I had offended them or something. Why are interstate supporters like this? Is it because they're used to sitting among so many of their own? I always just focus on the game, never what other people quip or scream, and always say what I want without ever getting personal towards players or fans. But people tend to take offense far too easily, like as if you can't passionately support your own team: people can say bad things about Melbourne, I don't care, but when people get stuck in for something you direct at a team, that pisses me off. Focus on the game, not what the people around you are saying (unless they're being racist vulgar arses, of course).

That Tyson goal was amazing. I clapped so hard and jumped up and down. I didn't look over to them but I could tell they want to throw their drinks at me. Stuff 'em.

Edited by Cudi_420
  • Like 1

I feel a little bit taller this week and a bit more proud to announce myself as a Demon supporter.

Firstly, winning in Adelaide, as all AFL supporters know, is never an easy assignment and

Secondly, the endless replays of Viney playing hard, tough, full paced footy and coming up with possession at the end of it. Now that is the type of footy I want the rest of the football world to associate with a Red and Blue jumper

Grimes spoil on dangerfield.

Hate it when the commentators say that defenders cant do a thing to stop a foward marking if the guy delivering has space. Shoulder to shoulder starting point - watch the ball at all times with a hand on the foward and bamb game winning spoil.

Focus and work rate. Brilliant

Grimes spoil on dangerfield.

Hate it when the commentators say that defenders cant do a thing to stop a foward marking if the guy delivering has space. Shoulder to shoulder starting point - watch the ball at all times with a hand on the foward and bamb game winning spoil.

Focus and work rate. Brilliant

I think that's the point mate, it really is so difficult to get a spoil and not get penalised when you have a decent forward in the right position with the right kick coming in - you basically have to do everything exactly right, which is just what Grimesy did. He probably couldn't believe it himself! This is why players like NRiewoldt do so much damage, 10-20 years ago when defenders were allowed to do much more a player like him would be nowhere near as effective. Textbook, clinical display of timing and skill from Grimes. Most definitely would have been the ball game had Danger been going back on a 10 degree angle 45 out to put them in front.

So many highlights

Jack Viney's courageous defensive brace followed in a microsecond by his getting the ball clear

Jamar's mark

Jones' goal

Grimes' spoil

The looks on the Crows' supporters faces

And all in one game

So many apologies to moments already mentioned, but what I liked best was the leadership shown by Dawes.

He was brilliant. 3 goals straight, good ones too, one of the best tackles you'd see.

More so though, it was the strong encouragement he gave Watts after a good tackle on the boundary, the hard running and contesting (or beating 3 opponents) and the great body work, in particular when he got between his man and Jamar and gave Jamar every opportunity to take the mark uncontested.

It was leadership, commitment and footy smarts that can't be taught. It was Dawes telling the football world that he is back.

Favourite moments from the game:

• Tyson's goal
  • Dawes' tackle
  • Grimes' punch
  • Jetta giving Betts a bath.

After:

Nothing beats reading the paper after a good win

Oh, and trolling the Adelaide forums

Good call here!

Nothing beats reading the paper after a good win!

The weekend becomes so much sweeter! And going to work on monday is even better!

Jetta was very good & perhaps his best game for the Demons to date. NO it was his best I think IMO. I was impressed with his desperation one on one. And he did give Betts a bath.

Its about time he shone through!

Watched it again last night in celebration mode.

Think it has to be the Tyson goal. The way he kicked it and more so the team reaction after it. Can't quite remember the last time so many teammates got around each other with genuine excitement and enthusiasm, loved it!

One I forgot to mention and it happened shortly after our 4th goal (Watts'?).

From the centre clearance Viney was tackled by a couple of Crows and it seemed to mellow towards a ball up. Any other player would've fallen to the ground but Jack simply refused to be taken down. He shoved (I think if was Jacobs) to the ground burst away and drilled the Hyphen on the lead. Shame about the resulting kick but that moment was when I knew were a dead set show.