Players to target at the end of the year

Camerons form has been iffy this year but I quite forgot that he kicked 60 plus goals last year. A big investment but with his talent it may turn out to be a cheapie

It's a no-brainer, mate. $1 mill is good value for Cameron. Edited by AdamFarr

Exactly, players to target... You can target a player a year out.

It doesn't say players to recruit for 2015.

I'm sorry I made the suggestion.

2 years ago It would've been a longshot that Collingwood move Thomas and Shaw on.

Pendles probably is that player Collingwood build their side around, but I like your suggestion.

Collingwood appear to be stagnant, it would be worth at least asking the question to Pendles.

You're making too much sense here AoB, he won't understand. He is captain of Collingwood... and he is going to walk out on them, for us, in a few years time for possibly a bit more cash. It all makes such brilliant sense....

if anything, at the age of 28 he is more likely to move than ever - if through a trade where collingwood is offered an early pick.

unlikely through free agency, collingwood have too much money and I'm sure eddy is exercising all the possible loop holes.

bit rough shooting down the bloke that suggested to target him.

Im sure once pendles contract is nearing its end, many clubs will at least suss out the situation.

I don't think pendles is entirely untouchable.

abletts family was geelong through and through, biggest name the club has ever seen, and he left for money.

i don't think he will be on our radar however.

Teams have been in contact with chip for over 12 months, because of free agency this is now what's normal, if a team feels they are going to lose a player because they can't match an offer they may look at a good deal through trading rather than losing the player for nothing.

Teams will try and get Nathan Jones, he's a free agent next year and far more likely to stay on but he is too good a player to not have a dig

Anyways

I hope we have a serious look at a skillful half back, our turnovers from that part of the game are seriously costing us

The Cameron whispers getting louder, few people suggesting Demons very interested. Cant say if offer been made or how far its down the track though.

Brett Anderson from Inside footy says it's Cameron.

Please be true.

If GrandNewFlag posts in here saying we are chance to land Cameron, its as good as done. His sources are always spot on

Edited by hogans_heroes

It's a no-brainer, mate. $1 mill is good value for Cameron.

Adam, our need is more depth of quality across our best 22, moreso than taking one gun player.

imo Roosty would want to get a 2 for 1 again, a 'patton & a shiel',,, a 'coniglio & tomlinson' sort of thing. or a player + a pick, sort of trade.

the marketing dept would want the gun player tho.

It's a no-brainer, mate. $1 mill is good value for Cameron.

Adam, our need is more depth of quality across our best 22, moreso than taking one gun player.

imo Roosty would want to get a 2 for 1 again, a 'patton & a shiel',,, a 'coniglio & tomlinson' sort of thing. or a player + a pick, sort of trade.

the marketing dept would want the gun player tho.

Brett is one of the good journos going around. His specialty is un18s and the Draft but still would hear rumours going around the traps. Is a Dees man also to my knowledge?

Scott pendelbury?

Bit of a long shot but money talks

Interesting you would mention him.

He signed a four year deal with the Pies but his contract before that was for 1 year only - apparently that put him into the restricted FA bracket. He turned down a deal ( according to reports) - massive dollars from GWS. I thought the signing of the one year contract was the most opportunistic play from a player I have seen in a long while.

We question loyalties on here but the Pendlebury play was a money grabber of the highest order. And then they made him captain....

(don;t get me wrong - one of silkiest players to pull on boots - and hard as nails as well)

yeah its most likely garbage

I would bet my bottom dollar it is not garbage.

It is not garbage that our recruiting team would be scouring every team and seeing who we could possibly dislodge from an opposition club to improve our list.

I would be very hesitant to suggest though, that it is going to actually happen.

I would suggest we throw out a whole heap of bait on fishing line and it's just a matter of who bites. After they have bitten, it is a matter to see if we can get the deal done.

Edited by nutbean
  • Like 2

I would bet my bottom dollar it is not garbage.

It is not garbage that our recruiting team would be scouring every team and seeing who we could possibly dislodge from an opposition club to improve our list.

I would be very hesitant to suggest though, that it is going to actually happen.

I would suggest we throw out a whole heap of bait on fishing line and it's just a matter of who bites. After they have bitten, it is a matter to see if we can get the deal done.

I reckon you're right, we have a huge amount of cap space to throw around, we will look at anyone and everyone who could add something to the team and pick the best we can get of that group