Jay Kennedy-Harris

Household Demon

2 hours ago, AngryAtCasey said:

Think they should do what they did with Jetta and move him to the back line where he could be handy.

We need other good small defenders apart from Nev.

Possible, but nev works well back there because he is so strong, JKH is light and quick which im not sure is as good for a defender put him against any of the established small forwards betts, rioli and the like he will just get outbodied. We already have hunt playing the speedy rebounder role.

I think JKH has more potential on a wing, a position that is still got hot competition: Stretch, Trengrove, Grimes are probably the front runners at the minute all of which he has the talent to surpass . Ik we have others like Harmes, Benken, Garlett and various midfielders rotating onto wings at different times but the first 3 play more permanant wing roles. I think Trenners is too slow for that position, he needs to be inside. Grimes' writing is on the wall in big bold letters. Finally Stretch is young and I think he's a gun but no reason why JKH cant give him a run for his money or work alongside him on the opposite wing. Give him an injury free pre-season and then talk trade/positional changes if he cant break in after that

I think an unfortunate reality for Jay is that he'll run out of time. His domain is the forward arc and thats now getting rather busy.  

Even when he gets his fitness back to an AFL level who is he going to surplant ?

Hes safe for this years cull...but  we're sure to be looking for players to move on come eos 17....he'll be one I feel.

6 hours ago, AngryAtCasey said:

Think they should do what they did with Jetta and move him to the back line where he could be handy.

We need other good small defenders apart from Nev.

Could White be the backup for Nev 'Angry'?

12 minutes ago, rjay said:

Thought White was great against GWS last year and his footskills were very good. Surprised to have not seen him so far this year but I suppose it shows how far we've come in terms of depth.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, rjay said:

He certainly could be. Just not in your traditional mold.

He's 188/189cm and can play on talls as well as smalls. I rate him highly and can see him landing a role in a BP or HBF over the next few years.

• Like 1

Sad news. Horrible run with injuries. Unfortunately I just don't see a future with JKH. Doesn't have the assets to me to warrant as an investment player. 

It's really hard to say if he'd be rookied - as an outsider looking in.  It's been so long since we've been able to have a good look at him playing.  He has some real strengths, but also some significant deficiencies that he needs to have been working on.  Unfortunately, he hasn't been working through these as he's been injured so often.  

Hopefully he can snag a few matches for Casey at the end of the year.  

***** Just checked the contract thread - looks like he's signed on til the end of '17.  Good on him - hopefully can get a game or two at the end of the year and hit the preseason at full tilt.****

Edited by TeamPlayedFine39
research
  • Like 1

Every recruit gets a year in the medical room. Part of their contracts.

Anyone want to fly the "flag of reality " here ? :o

The lad has options. He's quite clever , talented and capable.  Maybe Id be exploring those options if soft tissue injuries ( despite management ) are re occurring !

17 minutes ago, spirit of norm smith said:

Yes tough call. Gets another shot in 2017 but would be under pressure to remain on the list.

under immense pressure right now surely  ... just saying.

9 hours ago, beelzebub said:

under immense pressure right now surely  ... just saying.

The X-box games generally get harder as you progress through the stages but he will be right.

i think he will get through .

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Redleg said:

Your avatar and JKH, are Hogan's two best mates at MFC.

and Red that will have absolutely no relevance to  Jay's ability to get back on the paddock  ( for starters ) , consistently  and into the 22

3 hours ago, Redleg said:

Your avatar and JKH, are Hogan's two best mates at MFC.

I would feel safer if his two best mates were better players..

On 15 June 2016 at 2:10 PM, Django said:

Thought White was great against GWS last year and his footskills were very good. Surprised to have not seen him so far this year but I suppose it shows how far we've come in terms of depth.

There seems to be a bit of confusion across these boards - is he not rookie listed?

18 hours ago, Roger Mellie said:

If he's got until the end of 2017, I'm happy to see what Goodwin and Macca can do with him.

The medical / fitness guys will also have their work cut out too.

5 minutes ago, monoccular said:

Seems to have them stumped at present :unsure:

7 minutes ago, monoccular said:

There seems to be a bit of confusion across these boards - is he not rookie listed?

He is, and due to the relatively (knock on wood) small injury list, it would be hard to promote him at present given that Michie has been promoted for King and Wagner was our nominated rookie. White requires another LTI to be promoted.

Edited by Good Times Grimes
  • Like 1