Changes for Round 6 vs Sydney

titan_uranus

But he shouldn't come in as he is not up to AFL standard, as has been proven time and time again. He is exactly the kind of player with whom we should bite the bullet and delist, and try our luck elsewhere. There are a number on the list at the moment.

I don't necessarily disagree that he should be delisted at the end of the year but I think we are seeing the try your luck elsewhere guys like Terlich and Jetta not be any better. Same with Clisby who they are working on at VFL level. Jayden Hunt is probably a couple of years off.

Strauss has played about as many games and is a similar age to young Hawk defender Taylor Duryea. Yet not many would complain about him.

Right now I see no harm in using a bit of the revolving door policy with the likes of Jetta, Terlich, Strauss and Clisby. We know they all play well at VFL. All have question marks at AFL. The answer for the class of half back probably is Hunt, Toumpas, Salem or trade/draft. But as of 2013 I'd give them all a go. Matt Suckling came from nowhere at 22 to become a pretty decent player. I think we need to pick whoever is putting their name up at Casey regardless of how unfashionable they might be when it comes to that remaining half back spot.

Can someone explain why we are so in favour of JKH staying in the team but loath to bring in Salem.

The reality is JKH has played some nice little cameos but not performed well. Salem has now played 4 or so games at Casey and done well.

If JKH is in the team then Salem should be as well. If not, JKH should also be at Casey learning the ropes.

I think from the club point of view JKH did a pretty full pre season and had a good game against the Tiges. Salem was battling health problems and had a modified pre, it's more than learning the ropes. I really want to see him at AFL level but I think the FD are handling things better than in the past, we will see him I'm sure. When???

Maybe it's this week, maybe we will have to wait a bit longer.

• Like 1

From Reading the VFL review of MFC players.

I think we only have 2 mights at this stage.

Jamar and Strauss.

Salem definitely not on what was written.

Aiden Riley has more chance than anyone when he gets a bit more match fitness.

Blease showed a bit more attack, but they want to see that consistently

Harmes showed good signs but still needs work.

Nicholson is not far off but decision making is letting him down.

I think the only changes may be Watts out. Strauss in.

Pederson Out. Jamar in. Frawley to Backline Dunny to Forward line.

It doesn't inspire me, but I don't think we have enough reserves up to it at this stage.

We are just shuffling deck chairs on the titanic until those players in the wings lift their game.

Edit:- Clisby also got a good wrap he closed down their No 1 dangerman, he may be a swap for Terlich.

Edited by Chippy

Put on notice about what exactly "Ohhhhhhh Jack can you at least try" so what's the downside for Jack? 3 more years contract rack up easy bruise free possessions at Casey? If he doesn't care then there is no downside and threats of being put on notice are meaningless

He should be shown his actions or lack thereof from the weekend and made to understand what is acceptable. His other games have not been an issue compared to this week. He should be given opportunity to rectify as his assets afford him that.

• Like 1

From Reading the VFL review of MFC players.

I think we only have 2 mights at this stage.

Jamar and Strauss.

Salem definitely not on what was written.

Aiden Riley has more chance than anyone when he gets a bit more match fitness.

Blease showed a bit more attack, but they want to see that consistently

Harmes showed good signs but still needs work.

Nicholson is not far off but decision making is letting him down.

I think the only changes may be Watts out. Strauss in.

Pederson Out. Jamar in. Frawley to Backline Dunny to Forward line.

It doesn't inspire me, but I don't think we have enough reserves up to it at this stage.

We are just shuffling deck chairs on the titanic until those players in the wings lift their game.

Edit:- Clisby also got a good wrap he closed down their No 1 dangerman, he may be a swap for Terlich.

The reviews are well balanced. Just because the review states what they should work on does not mean they're not showing more than some in the firsts.

Fair enough, but why the different rules for JKH?

Fairly obvious but I will humour you.

Because he participated in a full pre-season and performed well during that pre-season. Salem is a fair way behind in terms of fitness and AFL exposure. JKH played practice matches, NAB cup and I believe completed every session.

It's a mischievous question designed to conjure up questions about Roos decision' making and sense of justice.

This is what we expect from you.

Edited by jabberwocky
  • Like 3

But he shouldn't come in as he is not up to AFL standard, as has been proven time and time again. He is exactly the kind of player with whom we should bite the bullet and delist, and try our luck elsewhere. There are a number on the list at the moment.

If Jetta gets a chance, Strauss definitely should. He actually has attributes that are AFL standard, unlike Jetta.

• Like 1

glad Tippett isn't ready

Wont need to panic and send Chip back now

Not that Paul Roos has ever panicked

I reckon we can win this game - anyone else feel the same?

If we can kick straight and tackle anything is possible.

Today hopefully showed just how useless Jordie McKenzie is as a player when not used 'specifically' as a tight tagger.

I watched him closely today play on a few different players and I will tell you now, we may as well have had 17 blokes on the field. He has absolutely no offensive mindset. No willingness or belief to get the footy himself and make the right decision and if people are going to argue the point of 'playing within your limitations' well then [censored] me we're never going to get anywhere as a side with players like him who do not have the ability to play at this level.

The same goes with Spencer, Pederson, Matt Jones, Evans, Bail, Georgiou.

And unless we address our complete lack of kicking skills, we're also not going anywhere fast anytime soon. Kicking out from our backline is a [censored] nightmare. We have no elite users. So nobody has the confidence to pinpoint a pass. Not only that, but Spencer has zero marking ability and clearly he even knows it as time and time again he just refused to present at kick ins.

It's honestly comicalto watch the MFC at times. We can be so poor. We still have so many completely unskilled players who literally kill us on game day. Even players who I admire for their tenacity and commitment like Terlich and McDonald were woeful with their disposal today. How many bad kickers can one side have?

It's disgusting.

Your observations are spot on but lets look at the positives. Roos is doing an incredible job considering there is so much dead wood in the side.

glad Tippett isn't ready

We can win almost any game if our players are disciplined and clean, tackle heavily, and hold possession without being easily pressured. Big asks but the mindset of the playing group must be that every single game is winnable with the right amount of effort.

glad Tippett isn't ready

I think we're catching them at just the wrong time. They started to hit form last week, and their confidence level will be high. McVeigh, Hannebery, Jack, Franklin and more bounced back.

Just look at that midfield: Kennedy, Jack, Hannebery, McVeigh, Parker (Mitchell and O'Keefe in reserves). Any one of those players (except perhaps Mitchell and maybe O'Keefe on present form) could come into our side and be at worst our second best midfielder.

They have far too much class for us. But with renewed effort around the stoppages, and hopefully the desire to actually run to create space (for once), we could push them for maybe three quarters

Edited by Guest

Strauss for Grimes

Harsh on the co-captian and a much better defender then Strauss but I'd like to see an elite ball user off the HBF

Big if - but if strauss can find a role his ball use will be much needed in the back 6....

Grimes IMO is no lost cause - decision making and take contact with the ball and not be a cat is very frustrating

Shoot me down but that's how i see it

Strauss is the epitome of the mantra of overating our players for their so called "Elite" kicking skills. Strauss plays like a rabbit caught under headlights everytime he plays ones, he turns it over and is generally found wanting. Much prefer Clisby easily!

• Like 2

Strauss is the epitome of the mantra of overating our players for their so called "Elite" kicking skills. Strauss plays like a rabbit caught under headlights everytime he plays ones, he turns it over and is generally found wanting. Much prefer Clisby easily!

Haha true... but then Strauss is Grimes with better skills - technically an upgrade?

Bit of mucking around but we need better ball users in the back 6 - our kick ins and movement out of the back half is disgusting

If Jetta gets a chance, Strauss definitely should. He actually has attributes that are AFL standard, unlike Jetta.

I don't believe his kicking is as good as it is supposed to be and if it is, we're yet to see it.

Jetta dominated the reserves for the first couple of games. If Strauss can do that for a few weeks, then I'd consider him but he should be delisted as soon as possible, for me.

• Like 2

I don't remember jetta doing much wrong - he didn't do much but I don't think he was beaten too often?

Ball use was ok - anyone care to fill me in

Just hatred or just shite?

Haha true... but then Strauss is Grimes with better skills - technically an upgrade?

Bit of mucking around but we need better ball users in the back 6 - our kick ins and movement out of the back half is disgusting

That's like saying Jack Fitzpatrick is an upgrade on Lance Franklin because he is a bit faster......

That's like saying Jack Fitzpatrick is an upgrade on Lance Franklin because he is a bit faster......

Both done not a whole lot to date this season?

C'mon mate said I was mucking around - I like Grimes but I reckon he's over rated - ok defender poor with the ball and a cat when it comes taking on pressure

If we want to be a good side we need an upgrade and since Suckling/Birchall or Bartel/Enright aren't available i'll guess we'll have to choose from one of the 40 not already in the side

Edited by Unleash Hell

Fairly obvious but I will humour you.

Because he participated in a full pre-season and performed well during that pre-season. Salem is a fair way behind in terms of fitness and AFL exposure. JKH played practice matches, NAB cup and I believe completed every session.

It's a mischievous question designed to conjure up questions about Roos decision' making and sense of justice.

This is what we expect from you.

he must be still dirty on the AFL led admin restructure of our club.

BBob, take Jeffrey & that 2 toned jacket of his & go to Tassie. & take EyeBrow's as well. & the rest of your Alt' Board lottery ticket.

you could turn that state over, & make yourselves knights of the Prince.

• Like 1

Both done not a whole lot to date this season?

C'mon mate said I was mucking around - I like Grimes but I reckon he's over rated - ok defender poor with the ball and a cat when it comes taking on pressure

If we want to be a good side we need an upgrade and since Suckling/Birchall or Bartel/Enright aren't available i'll guess we'll have to choose from one of the 40 not already in the side

I think we should target people that can perform in that role at state level. It seems to have worked with Hibberd and Suckling