It's all positve

Giles

But it didn't happen.

Sure we have improved since the Neeld debacle but those two years should be wiped from earths history.

What i am saying is the lazy and insipid way the team played in the 2nd Q negated any positive for the rest of the game.

The 2nd Q was "Neeldesque"

We lost by 8 points. Big deal.

A 4 quarter effort should have been a 4-5 goal victory.

So i do not consider the game a positive.

If i work an 8 hour day but completely stuff up for 2 hours when i am aware of accepted procedure is that a positive day for the company?

I hate to get all Satyesque on you but let's keep some perspective.

When we lose, you come on here and act as though the football club has personally betrayed you.

When we win, everything seems glossed over and everyone is a champ.

You need to live more in the middle ground WYL.

None of us are happy about the loss. However, and I'm sure the club is thinking this way, there is no way that there should be wholesale repercussions just yet. This whole drop the players, sack the coaches and shake, rattle and roll the club was part of the reason why the club was such a negative place to be last year.

The second quarter was poor but at least now there are things we can point to and improve. Macca not so long ago put a long list of things that our team did not do last year. While we haven't eradicated them all, we are at least reducing the list of those non-performed acts down to a manageable number rather than us trying to plug multiple holes bursting from the dike.

I wrote last year that I wouldn't accept the players dogging it anymore because the characters who they despised (and rightly so) were gone. We have mental lapses still but I don't think that is due to disenchantment with what is going on off the field. It's a sign of a developing club.

Edited by Colin B. Flaubert

If i work an 8 hour day but completely stuff up for 2 hours when i am aware of accepted procedure is that a positive day for the company?

If you think about football in the same way that you think about your own job, then you'll never understand and you'll keep making poor judgements.

What would happen if people came in and actively tried to stop you from doing your job? Would you think about your productivity differently?

What if you got 2 hours of work done every day last year, but yesterday you did 6 hours? Would you consider that to be a positive?

• Like 1

Only stuff up 2 hrs I would take that in my normal working day!

So would my boss!!!!!

Edited by DemonOX

Only stuff up 2 hrs I would take that in my normal working day!

So would my boss!!!!!

victorian government worker alert.

• Like 2

If you think about football in the same way that you think about your own job, then you'll never understand and you'll keep making poor judgements.

No it just means that you will continue to accept excuses for subpar performances.

I hate to get all Satyesque on you but let's keep some perspective.

When we lose, you come on here and act as though the football club has personally betrayed you.

When we win, everything seems glossed over and everyone is a champ.

You need to live more in the middle ground WYL.

None of us are happy about the loss. However, and I'm sure the club is thinking this way, there is no way that there should be wholesale repercussions just yet. This whole drop the players, sack the coaches and shake, rattle and roll the club was part of the reason why the club was such a negative place to be last year.

The second quarter was poor but at least now there are things we can point to and improve. Macca not so long ago put a long list of things that our team did not do last year. While we haven't eradicated them all, we are at least reducing the list of those non-performed acts down to a manageable number rather than us trying to plug multiple holes bursting from the dike.

I wrote last year that I wouldn't accept the players dogging it anymore because the characters who they despised (and rightly so) were gone. We have mental lapses still but I don't think that is due to disenchantment with what is going on off the field. It's a sign of a developing club.

The title of this thread is "It's all Positive" right?

I am merely disagreeing with that sentiment.

And i do not like "the middle ground"

The best performance middle ground can ever give is average.

I like to look way higher than that and shall continue to do so.

The 2nd Q sleep fest bought everything crashing down. If GC$ had not sprayed their scoring like a Tom Cat on heat we would have been down by 50-60 points at halftime.

The 2nd Q sleep fest bought everything crashing down. If GC$ had not sprayed their scoring like a Tom Cat on heat we would have been down by 50-60 points at halftime.

I don't mind that so much. It's just the selective vision when we are winning.

I don't mind that so much. It's just the selective vision when we are winning.

Last week we gave the required effort that WE ALL should expect each week.

Give me an example of my selective vision please?

In round 1 i was a positive for Watts and Roos. But it aint going to happen. Watts is not going to play September footy for the MFC.

I have also given far more praise than critisism to Pedo who gives his all and is improving visibly although Demonland would have had him shot montgs ago..

I'll answer your question with a question.
Last week we were out possessed, had 14 less clearances, less inside 50's, less contested possessions and, despite Spencil's effort, less hit outs. Where was the anger/concern then? We played lesser opposition for sure but the issues were still there.
Going through your posts, post match after Carlton, there was not post raised in concern about some of the issues that most of us have seen no matter what the result is.
The week prior to that, we had to bring in the MCC to reorganize the club.

I'll answer your question with a question.

Last week we were out possessed, had 14 less clearances, less inside 50's, less contested possessions and, despite Spencil's effort, less hit outs. Where was the anger/concern then? We played lesser opposition for sure but the issues were still there.

Going through your posts, post match after Carlton, there was not post raised in concern about some of the issues that most of us have seen no matter what the result is.

The week prior to that, we had to bring in the MCC to reorganize the club.

we will need the MCC onside if the AFL keeps 60% of the clubs on a forced drip.

Big difference from last week to this week Col B. is one aspect you did not mention. Tackling.

Last week it was over 80. Yesterday 43 = effort.

The other stats are inconsequential.

Not quiet.

the 'song" will get you for the spelling.

definately a bludger of some note.???

But it didn't happen.

Sure we have improved since the Neeld debacle but those two years should be wiped from earths history.

What i am saying is the lazy and insipid way the team played in the 2nd Q negated any positive for the rest of the game.

The 2nd Q was "Neeldesque"

We lost by 8 points. Big deal.

A 4 quarter effort should have been a 4-5 goal victory.

So i do not consider the game a positive.

If you've previously been stuffing up for 7 hours, then yes, that's an improvement.

We can't just ignore the Neeld years; unfortunately, they happened, and that has put us in our current position.

You're not disagreeing with the statement that 'it's all positive'. You're disagreeing with the statement that 'there are positives'.

• Like 1

If you've previously been stuffing up for 7 hours, then yes, that's an improvement.

We can't just ignore the Neeld years; unfortunately, they happened, and that has put us in our current position.

You're not disagreeing with the statement that 'it's all positive'. You're disagreeing with the statement that 'there are positives'.

No i am saying there are no positives from yesterday because of the 2nd Q performance.

It is quite simple and straight forward

We won 3 of the 4 quarters

fascinating stat that

just goes to show whats stats are often worth

we lost...only stat that matters

Does this mean if we win by 10 goals but we lose a quarter badly then that result is null and void ?

Positives can occur even in 100 point loses let alone 8 point ones just as negatives can occur in 10 goal wins.

We need to take the positives where we can and continue to move forward.

Hey Tingay lover. That was great!!

However my use of italics was unintentional.

You made my day!! Hahaha!! Keep up the good work!! :)

Apostrophe abuse is the bane of my life. It is rampant on Demonland. It is the grammatical equivalent of the skill errors perpetrated by the Melbourne players. To quote some great person "There's a difference between knowing your sh^t, and knowing you're sh^t."

Hey Tingay lover, should there be a second full stop outside the second set of quotation marks? Because the words quoted constitute a complete sentence. Or just one full stop, either inside or outside the quoted sentence? You seem to have time on your hands, and an inclination to devote yourself to worthwhile tasks, so I eagerly await your verdict.