Dawes just on Ed and Derms big week in footy

Gorgoroth

Dawes called Misson and Roos, stated his case, wanted to play as he knew the team really needed a forward.

Pleased that we could give up 3 goals and then catch them and pass it when in years gone by it would have been the end of us.

Says Roos ability to know when to give a hard direct speech and when to back it off a bit without giving in on the non negotiables.

Eddie said the club handled the Clark situation extremely well.

Dawes relieved, borderline happy that Clark retired as he believes it would have killed him.

Said the confidence is up, Suns are ripe for the picking, and it is great the players have to prove themselves in the VFL prior to getting back into the seniors.

• Like 18

Dawes called Misson and Roos, stated his case, wanted to play as he knew the team really needed a forward.

Pleased that we could give up 3 goals and then catch them and pass it when in years gone by it would have been the end of us.

Says Roos ability to know when to give a hard direct speech and when to back it off a bit without giving in on the non negotiables.

Dawes relieved, borderline happy that Clark retired as he believes it would have killed him.

Said the confidence is up, Suns are ripe for the picking, and it is great the players have to prove themselves in the VFL prior to getting back into the seniors.

The big fella sure doesn't lack confidence. Good on him. Now let's back him up

Great interview, the man really is a fantastic speaker and representative for the club. Makes really thoughtful comments and not just the usual uninsightful puff you often hear from football players.

Would love to see him move into coaching after he finishes playing, as Eddie said.

• Like 3

It disappoints me that he's no longer in the leadership group, given that he's clearly one of the leaders at the club.

Don't think he needs the title to lead. But if it is that important, he could always be elevated in Clark's place

Good to see that applies to everyone except him :)

• Like 9

Rode my bike passed St Kilda beach this morning and it was my wife who pointed out Dawes out in the water in recovery. Stopped had a look around and there were the some of the others sitting around outside the baths on their phones. Dawes was on his own, my wife said he is setting an example, I said he is probably just bloody sore! One intra match then straight into a round 4 match, gee I bet he is feeling every bump big time.

I remember how at the start of every footy season on the Sunday after, you would feel exactly where everyone made contact to your body, however light the contact was.. It was amazing but a few games in and the body didn't register the ordinary bumps and hits, it had adjusted to the rough and tumble of the footy season.

Let's just wait and see if he can get to close to a full year on the paddock before we hand over leadership titles just yet.
Bloody hell. One week ago, the sky was falling and the end was nigh. We beat Carlton and everyone on the list is a world beater and nothing is wrong with anything.
Make no mistake. Winning was good and it was a step forward but I can't see how it can cause us to totally deviate from the path we have set.
I am praying that this is a proper rebuild this time and there will be no half arsed short cuts this time around. I'm guessing there will be trades and delistings at the end of the year.

The West Coast supporter whose phone conversation I overheard on the train after round two probably summed it up best. He wasn't being boastful or a smart arse when he stated the obvious about us 'They try in games that I have seen but they tend to get found out against the stronger clubs'. Carlton, unfortunately, isn't a strong club.
Lap the win up boys but don't set yourselves up for a fall. Because I am guessing that the stronger teams may put us to the sword again this year.

Edited by Colin B. Flaubert

The big fella sure doesn't lack confidence. Good on him. Now let's back him up

He's come from Collingwood and I doubt that any Colingwood player would go in to a game thinking they could or would lose.

We will get there one day and the supporters will eventually have the same expectation.

Rode my bike passed St Kilda beach this morning and it was my wife who pointed out Dawes out in the water in recovery. Stopped had a look around and there were the some of the others sitting around outside the baths on their phones. Dawes was on his own, my wife said he is setting an example, I said he is probably just bloody sore! One intra match then straight into a round 4 match, gee I bet he is feeling every bump big time.

I remember how at the start of every footy season on the Sunday after, you would feel exactly where everyone made contact to your body, however light the contact was.. It was amazing but a few games in and the body didn't register the ordinary bumps and hits, it had adjusted to the rough and tumble of the footy season.

So Dawes wasn't bruise free?

• Like 1

Let's just wait and see if he can get to close to a full year on the paddock before we hand over leadership titles just yet.

Bloody hell. One week ago, the sky was falling and the end was nigh. We beat Carlton and everyone on the list is a world beater and nothing is wrong with anything.

Make no mistake. Winning was good and it was a step forward but I can't see how it can cause us to totally deviate from the path we have set.

I am praying that this is a proper rebuild this time and there will be no half arsed short cuts this time around. I'm guessing there will be trades and delistings at the end of the year.

The West Coast supporter whose phone conversation I overheard on the train after round two probably summed it up best. He wasn't being boastful or a smart arse when he stated the obvious about us 'They try in games that I have seen but they tend to get found out against the stronger clubs'. Carlton, unfortunately, isn't a strong club.

Lap the win up boys but don't set yourselves up for a fall. Because I am guessing that the stronger teams may put us to the sword again this year.

That is the first sobering comment I have read CBF and I think very accurate.

However I am going to enjoy till around Wednesday Before I get back on the reality bus.

That is the first sobering comment I have read CBF and I think very accurate.

However I am going to enjoy till around Wednesday Before I get back on the reality bus.

I shouted myself hoarse at the game and walked back to Flinders Street with a big, goofy grin on my face. I watched the replay this morning when I should have been working on proof reading a document. I'm as happy as a little Larry.

But..

I do find it funny that the same people who were whinging about how they had no interest in football and were wanting to have the entire list frog marched out of AAMI Park and then tarred and feathered now seem to talk like nothing was wrong. A little consistency in messaging wouldn't go astray.

As for the Reality Bus stuff, that was just a glib catchphrase designed to make us lower our standards. The players in the club shouldn't put a limit on itself. I reckon that we as supporters need to be a bit more measured in what we say on here.

I shouted myself hoarse at the game and walked back to Flinders Street with a big, goofy grin on my face. I watched the replay this morning when I should have been working on proof reading a document. I'm as happy as a little Larry.

But..

I do find it funny that the same people who were whinging about how they had no interest in football and were wanting to have the entire list frog marched out of AAMI Park and then tarred and feathered now seem to talk like nothing was wrong. A little consistency in messaging wouldn't go astray.

As for the Reality Bus stuff, that was just a glib catchphrase designed to make us lower our standards. The players in the club shouldn't put a limit on itself. I reckon that we as supporters need to be a bit more measured in what we say on here.

Supporters are never consistent, rational or measured. it's part of the attraction, otherwise it would be very boring

• Like 6

So Dawes wasn't bruise free?

I would say bruise full myself. But Biffo you live down that way, you must have caught up with the boys down at the baths as well.

Supporters are never consistent, rational or measured. it's part of the attraction, otherwise it would be very boring

Yes and no. I can understand raw unbridled fury after the first two rounds of last year, anger after round 2 this year and even deep disappointment after round 3. I can understand joy now that we have ended our run of outs. What I can't understand are some of the more insane 'Let's bring in the MCC to reform the playing side of things', 'Let's collectively and literally turn our backs on the playing group when they run onto the G next week' or 'Sack Mark Neeld and make him a development coach' style comments.

I just started watching it now... Slightly off topic but WTF is Dermott talking about?? "Carlton don't bottom out"!

Anyone want to explain to this pompous ballbag how they got Walker, Gibbs, Murphy and Kruezer...

• Like 3

Yes and no. I can understand raw unbridled fury after the first two rounds of last year, anger after round 2 this year and even deep disappointment after round 3. I can understand joy now that we have ended our run of outs. What I can't understand are some of the more insane 'Let's bring in the MCC to reform the playing side of things', 'Let's collectively and literally turn our backs on the playing group when they run onto the G next week' or 'Sack Mark Neeld and make him a development coach' style comments.

fair enough, there are limits