Training - Friday 14th March, 2014

It's not about razor blades, it's just not looking good at the moment. Maybe the break will do him good but it is an about turn from the club who have consistently said he needs to gradually increase his loads because he has had too much time away from the game to now taking all the loads off and giving him a break.

You mean the load increases which are contributing to these setbacks? I reckon it's good, maybe he needs more healing than partial training. Everyone recovers different- jimmy stynes was testament to that! What would rub other guys out for a month would niggle jimmy for a day.

I really hope Mitch can make a swift recovery, he comes across as being our spiritual leader, like max rooke in a sense, the whole list will get a boost if he is back playing.

You mean the load increases which are contributing to these setbacks? I reckon it's good, maybe he needs more healing than partial training. Everyone recovers different- jimmy stynes was testament to that! What would rub other guys out for a month would niggle jimmy for a day.

I really hope Mitch can make a swift recovery, he comes across as being our spiritual leader, like max rooke in a sense, the whole list will get a boost if he is back playing.

He has missed the best part of two years, could very easily become three the way it's looking, i think he's in big trouble, which is a shame because he has absolute superstar potential.

He has missed the best part of two years, could very easily become three the way it's looking, i think he's in big trouble, which is a shame because he has absolute superstar potential.

Which begs the question- you and I are extremely disappointed about it, therefore how gutted do you think Mitch is?

Yeah I do, I'm not sure it's good if he can't get the loads into his body to even run the tan without getting injured.

I hope this can work if that's what it's meant to do.

Which begs the question- you and I are extremely disappointed about it, therefore how gutted do you think Mitch is?

He must be totally gutted, no matter how much you are being paid you like to feel you are making a contribution and moving forward. Thank god he has the photography to at least give him some respite. He must have a lot of self doubt at the moment.

Yeah I do, I'm not sure it's good if he can't get the loads into his body to even run the tan without getting injured.

I hope this can work if that's what it's meant to do.

He must be totally gutted, no matter how much you are being paid you like to feel you are making a contribution and moving forward. Thank god he has the photography to at least give him some respite. He must have a lot of self doubt at the moment.

It's not great at all, which begs the question- why? Is it diet? Too much too soon? What's causing this?

It's not great at all, which begs the question- why? Is it diet? Too much too soon? What's causing this?

This has been answered ad nauseum.

His foot is fine, it's other parts of his leg getting used to increased and foreign workloads. His legs are now susceptible to soft tissue injuries until they strengthen.

His foot is fine, it's other parts of his leg getting used to increased and foreign workloads. His legs are now susceptible to soft tissue injuries until they strengthen.

That's ok, but they don't seem to have a good handle on what loads he can take so now they are giving him time out. Maybe the time out is more a mental thing, he must be a very frustrated footballer at the moment.

I wonder how much if any harm was done by his early return last year, even though it is not a foot issue now. He must have put a fair strain on his body compensating for the foot (which was still a problem then) getting through pre season to play and then drop out again.

Here's my point. I understand the foot seems to have healed, but I mean is the training that he is undertaking wrong? Is he doing too much running and not enough weights etc. have we tried to get him fit too quickly? Has to be a solution close by.

Maybe a too simplistic view, but if his foot has truly healed, why doesn't he return to his original running gait?

Hopefully he is able to re-dedicate himself after his lay-off (not that he wasn't dedicated prior) and he gets a good run at being injury-free. Hell, i don't care if he has the rest of the year off, if it meant he was cherry-ripe for the start of next year (and played the rest of his career in good shape).

On a different and maybe harsher view. If he does announce his retirement, well we haven't had him on the park for a while, so it's not as if we don't know what to do without him, and no doubt it would free up some significant cash to go after another forward, like Bernie's best mate Taylor Walker (maybe he knew something we didn't when he casually joked about him and Dawesy dominating the forward 50), or we could just throw it into the Jesse Hogan fund to keep him at the Dees.

Maybe a too simplistic view, but if his foot has truly healed, why doesn't he return to his original running gait?

Hopefully he is able to re-dedicate himself after his lay-off (not that he wasn't dedicated prior) and he gets a good run at being injury-free. Hell, i don't care if he has the rest of the year off, if it meant he was cherry-ripe for the start of next year (and played the rest of his career in good shape).

On a different and maybe harsher view. If he does announce his retirement, well we haven't had him on the park for a while, so it's not as if we don't know what to do without him, and no doubt it would free up some significant cash to go after another forward, like Bernie's best mate Taylor Walker (maybe he knew something we didn't when he casually joked about him and Dawesy dominating the forward 50), or we could just throw it into the Jesse Hogan fund to keep him at the Dees.

Sometimes it is not a planned change but the body making it's own adjustments to protect the foot, but in the end we are all guessing a bit here from very little information.

I thought he said they were discussing the LTI with Mitch and would make a cal in the next 24 hours?

correct RM I got a little ahead of myself, I caught the end of comment then added 2 + 2 =6
  • Like 1