• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

2011 Draft

jackaub

I have been to quite a few AGM, most members sit on their hands, all talk

Big business, sponsors and the TV channels pressured the AFL into acting,

I've not doubt they played the biggest part but even the AFL were surprised at the emails, letters and calls received from members...as I said in some small part.

Members vote with their feet 'Sat', they renew or don't, go to games or don't, support or don't. Very few go to AGM's and as you note most don't like to talk but they all have an opinion.

I have been to quite a few AGM, most members sit on their hands, all talk

Big business, sponsors and the TV channels pressured the AFL into acting,

Internal pressure from Members and coterie members after the Essendon game last year led to the aftermath.

• Like 2

Hairshirt thread....some posters do really need to get out from behind the keyboard now and again....move on nothing to see here....practice game against Hawthorn coming up

I think this time I tend to agree with you. There was just so much failure by this club over the last period of years, it is just not worth getting upset over.

We all know we stuffed up on so many counts, recruiting, coaching , administration etc, etc, etc.

We now have a capable CEO and a good Coach and some recruits who seem to be up to it and some trades who are better than what we had. Out list is better, our attitude is better, our optimism is up, let's move on and look forward to a better future.

Internal pressure from Members and coterie members after the Essendon game last year led to the aftermath.

Spot on rpfc revolution is not always accomplished by people carrying flags storming the barricades

It's not outrage, it's like Jumob says, tiresome, and it is always the same posters launching

You have it in one, attitude, bit like Weetra and Maric before him, talked the talk but didn't walk the walk

Remind everyone how you went when you tried to surpress any posts that criticised club personal ,players on Ology and how that ended up.
That went well. . Now you going to jump into every thead on here that is negative and put a stop to that as well? good luck,

I think this time I tend to agree with you. There was just so much failure by this club over the last period of years, it is just not worth getting upset over.

We all know we stuffed up on so many counts, recruiting, coaching , administration etc, etc, etc.

We now have a capable CEO and a good Coach and some recruits who seem to be up to it and some trades who are better than what we had. Out list is better, our attitude is better, our optimism is up, let's move on and look forward to a better future.

All that is true Redleg but this is a forum.

People can raise subjects and discuss them.

There are a number of threads that I don't bother going on to.

In the end the mouse in your hand is the only censor necessary in most cases.

Remind everyone how you went when you tried to surpress any posts that criticised club personal ,players on Ology and how that ended up.
That went well. . Now you going to jump into every thead on here that is negative and put a stop to that as well? good luck,

You have the wrong chap, never been on Ology, thought it was even worse than here when I looked at it

If you need some negativity in your life, that is your problem

All that is true Redleg but this is a forum.

People can raise subjects and discuss them.

There are a number of threads that I don't bother going on to.

In the end the mouse in your hand is the only censor necessary in most cases.

And it is a forum, so we are all entitled to our opinions, so if I don't agree with something I am entitled to express it, yes or no?

I have a look at all threads, just certain posters contributions I don't bother reading

It's not outrage, it's like Jumob says, tiresome, and it is always the same posters launching

You have it in one, attitude, bit like Weetra and Maric before him, talked the talk but didn't walk the walk

You said the reason Taggert was delisted had nothing to do with the coach or recruiters choice? Now you say it is attitude. Well isn't part of the predraft screening an interview and background checks to work out what guys attitudes will be like?

Wasn't Taggert the one who sent Neeld an email about why he should be picked or something of the like?

Either way I don't want to focus on the past too much but I'm sure character is one of Viney/Taylor's key recruiting principles.

Winning games is the only salve that will heal the wounds created over the last decade jr.

The rest is just words to 10 000 members who have not renewed plus many more who are now totally cynical about the MFC.

OD, I've been a tad (over) critical of our list over the journey, but 2014 has a different 'feel' to it.

You're right, the wins must keep coming. (errr…eventuate)

Oh, and Chip's signature and Jesse's extension.

Edited by jumbo returns

He was an excellent kick, good decision maker and pretty good overhead. Biggest problem was his focus, he would drift in and out of the game too much. Injury in his first season didn't help things plus coming into the club during the last few years was not a bonus either.

Playing in SA this year and I hope he works hard enough to get another crack at it down the track.

Setting the bar pretty low to say he was an excellent kick.

Salem, Watts, Strauss, Toumpas, Vince... These guys belong in that category.

Not Taggert.

Being a good decision maker isn't much use if you can't get your hands on the footy, even at VFL level.

He was ok overhead from what I saw.

It probably didn't help him being played out of position on a HFF, but even when we were short in the midfield he didn't seem to get a go.

The brief stints he had in there seemed to be ineffectual.

I missed the one supposedly spectacular game he played, and watched keenly at VFL matches from then on.

I never saw anything to suggest the hype was justified.

You have the wrong chap, never been on Ology, thought it was even worse than here when I looked at it

If you need some negativity in your life, that is your problem

And it is a forum, so we are all entitled to our opinions, so if I don't agree with something I am entitled to express it, yes or no?

I have a look at all threads, just certain posters contributions I don't bother reading

No problem with that, I don't think I have criticized your opinion Saty.

I was just replying to Redleg.

I just think if I don't like a thread I mostly just leave it alone e.g the latest JW thread. from my point of view what more is there to say.

Let the kid play and lets see how 2014 turns out for him.

OD, I've been a tad (over) critical of our list over the journey, but 2014 has a different 'feel' to it.

You're right, the wins must keep coming. (errr…eventuate)

Oh, and Chip's signature and Jesse's extension.

jr Me too

This " You're right, the wins must keep coming. (errr…eventuate)" will produce the result you crave

Setting the bar pretty low to say he was an excellent kick.

Salem, Watts, Strauss, Toumpas, Vince... These guys belong in that category.

Not Taggert.

Being a good decision maker isn't much use if you can't get your hands on the footy, even at VFL level.

He was ok overhead from what I saw.

It probably didn't help him being played out of position on a HFF, but even when we were short in the midfield he didn't seem to get a go.

The brief stints he had in there seemed to be ineffectual.

I missed the one supposedly spectacular game he played, and watched keenly at VFL matches from then on.

I never saw anything to suggest the hype was justified.

We won't agree on this one 'Machsy', but I think he was an excellent kick, just didn't get enough of it. In one of the coaches reports last year it was said on a particularly windy day Taggert was the only one who handled the conditions by foot.

He's gone and I hope for him it was the kick up ... that he needed. Good luck to the kid.

You're right, we won't.

Because I watched his kicking action and it was awkward, robotic and lacked penetration.

Won't see him playing at Sturt for a while, due to wrist surgery, I believe.

Edited by Machsy

Hairshirt thread....some posters do really need to get out from behind the keyboard now and again....move on nothing to see here....practice game against Hawthorn coming up

Yes, how dare he ask a question about a previous draft.

What a ridiculous post. Get over yourself.

Thought you didn't read my posts, change of heart obviously, not daring to ask, opening the door for ho hum

Against my better judgement, mainly because I enjoy your posts when you're not posting rubbish like you have here.

Read the OP again. He was asking a legitimate question. And even if it was a creating a discussion of the past, there's nothing wrong with doing that.

You seem to think it's always an exercise in laying the boot into others or self-flagellation, when it may just be a case of discussing whether Taggert would have made it under the new coaching regime. Where's the harm? There is none.

• Like 1

http://youtu.be/Lp5ekMlQvi4
I told you all he was just warming up. It was like this last year. He was posing as your friendly neighborhood training reports man but he soon morphed into the Satyriconhome we have all come to know and love (?). Right now, he is amusing as all is right with the world. Wait and see if things go a little wobbly. Then we will all be in for a right royal ducking!

Funny thing is that right now there is maybe 1/6 of the vitriol (and it was there with good reason) on the board compared to the first part of last year but apparently we are all just being negative.

It is hard to ignore old Saty as you get his 'insight' whether you like it or not in the form of quotes.
I wonder if we will get pearlers such as all politicians and people in the banking sector are inherently untrustworthy again this year? Or that Gogoroth wouldn't understand his views on the MFC because he is a Bolton FC fan while Saty is a Blackburn fan?

Edited by Colin B. Flaubert

Against my better judgement, mainly because I enjoy your posts when you're not posting rubbish like you have here.

Read the OP again. He was asking a legitimate question. And even if it was a creating a discussion of the past, there's nothing wrong with doing that.

You seem to think it's always an exercise in laying the boot into others or self-flagellation, when it may just be a case of discussing whether Taggert would have made it under the new coaching regime. Where's the harm? There is none.

Thats why I asked the question P-man for some insight Thanks for that I didnt mean to scratch old Saty up and appear to be revisionist and be negative about the past> Boy you can get doing nothing at all!In all this i got my answer thanks to you all!

So now I must be so carefull of Satys wrath and

http://youtu.be/Lp5ekMlQvi4

I told you all he was just warming up. It was like this last year. He was posing as your friendly neighborhood training reports man but he soon morphed into the Satyriconhome we have all come to know and love (?). Right now, he is amusing as all is right with the world. Wait and see if things go a little wobbly. Then we will all be in for a right royal ducking!

Funny thing is that right now there is maybe 1/6 of the vitriol (and it was there with good reason) on the board compared to the first part of last year but apparently we are all just being negative.

It is hard to ignore old Saty as you get his 'insight' whether you like it or not in the form of quotes.

I wonder if we will get pearlers such as all politicians and people in the banking sector are inherently untrustworthy again this year? Or that Gogoroth wouldn't understand his views on the MFC because he is a Bolton FC fan while Saty is a Blackburn fan?

It's nioe to be amusing, you should try it some time

Everybody entitled to an opinion except me, ah, nice to see I generated 3 or 4 posts, all about MFC right

I would never support a team that dresses in blue and white squares, you must have the wrong person, look at my Twitter, Everton fan from way back, but then you never let facts get in the way of your vitriol

Don't mind posts that are well balanced and offer a well thought out opinion, but just bashing is just that