New Supporter Group Launched for MFC Young Members (18-32)

Hi All,

Just wanted to let you know about a new supporter group the club has got behind for 18-32yr olds to collectively sponsor players, win prizes and attend events with other passionate young supporters and club personnel.

Through player sponsorships, the MFC Deevoted Young Members are entitled to a range of signed merchandise and tickets to gameday functions and social events that will be distributed via raffles at a number of exclusive events throughout the year, with finger food and limited bar tab provided.

The launch event will be held on Wednesday March 12, hosted by Russell Robertson with several MFC personnel in attendance including Jack Watts and Brad Miller. There will be loads of great prizes and giveaways on the night, plenty of fun and interaction with the players including a Q&A and the unveiling of the groups sponsored players for 2014.

The second event takes place on Sunday April 6 where the private back bar and outdoor area at the College Lawn has been reserved to watch the Dees round 3 clash against GWS on big screen TV’s from 12.30pm.

Other events include pre-drinks at a local venue before the Round 8 Saturday night clash at the MCG against the Western Bulldogs, a Business Leaders Networking Event and a number of spontaneous informal catch-ups before or after home games or during away games, ensuring members get the opportunity to meet up regularly and establish relationships with likeminded supporters.

Membership is strictly limited due to the capacity of scheduled events so return your registration form early to avoid disappointment and take advantage of the following Special Introductory Offers, (valid until 7th March):

• Single Membership $125
  • Double Membership $225 (register with a friend and save $25)
  • 5 x Membership $500 (register with 4 friends and save $125)

With over 30 prizes available to split amongst the group including 2 x tickets to a corporate suite for a Melbourne home game valued at $840 and a Jack Watts’ signed, match-worn Guernsey, there’s an excellent chance to claim a rewarding return on your investment to the club.

If you’re a passionate, young Melbourne supporter interested in being part of our hopeful rise up the ladder in 2014, visit http://www.melbournefc.com.au/the-club/corporate/deevoted-young-members, check out the Facebook webpage https://www.facebook.com/groups/deevoted/ or if you have any questions, feel free to reply on this thread or contact committee member Nick Glen at [email protected] or 0411 034 849.

• Like 2

Oh hell I am just a year too old!

Good work guys I hope we can win a few this year so you get Maximum enjoyment.

May it grow by the thousands so us ancient ones are clearly out numbered.

• Like 4

Don't worry od, they have 'The Ron Barassi Bequest Society' for the likes of you and me (but I'm expecting #13 and 14 at least, before they put me in a red & blue pine box).

• Like 1

Don't worry od, they have 'The Ron Barassi Bequest Society' for the likes of you and me (but I'm expecting #13 and 14 at least, before they put me in a red & blue pine box).

I hope you make it Deeoldfart.

I will be satisfied with a strong team that wins more than it losers after the last seven years.

A GF win is a remote dream not impossible but unlike this decade IMO.

Such a great idea !! Organizers should consider events at the bentliegh club for the interstate games..... They could promote this so much more and organize great nights for members to get there and have a feed and a few drinks.

I'm a lonely melb supporter at 34 .... None of my school friends were supporters and haven't managed to strike up any friendships with guys / girls my age .... I'd be keen as mustud joining the young members group. Think there strict on age ?

Plus perhaps that young lass that was working behind the merchandise stand at this years AGM may be involved :) ....

• Like 2

Such a great idea !! Organizers should consider events at the bentliegh club for the interstate games..... They could promote this so much more and organize great nights for members to get there and have a feed and a few drinks.

I'm a lonely melb supporter at 34 .... None of my school friends were supporters and haven't managed to strike up any friendships with guys / girls my age .... I'd be keen as mustud joining the young members group. Think there strict on age ?

Plus perhaps that young lass that was working behind the merchandise stand at this years AGM may be involved :) ....

Sounds great as does the dream of being 30 again!! :)

The DEEVOTED YOUNG MEMBERS group was originally established to develop and enhance personal relationships with the future of our membership base by providing younger members with exceptional value that was more affordable for uni students or those in the early stages of their careers.

For those over 32, maybe you’d be interested in joining the Melbourne Business Community, which has a number of sub groups including the recently relaunched MFC Young Professionals..? http://melbournebusinesscommunity.com/groups-view/mfc-young-professionals/

This membership not only gets you access to Young Professionals Annual Events but also the broader Melbourne Business Community events as well, which includes four additional free events, including launch breakfast with Roosy on March 19..

To sign up – go to http://melbournebusinesscommunity.com and click Join Now, making sure you select MFC Young Professionals from the checkout dropdown box provided. For $190 per membership, it’s a great way to catch up with like-minded professionals and support the club..!

I'm also a year to old to join, kinda depressing actually.

Young iPad carrying,beard growing,cider drinking,vinyl collecting,pansexual,ironic t-shirt wearing bastards.

Don't worry about the older members who smell vaguely of urine and port.

Us gen x crew will take care of them and listen to their fake stories from the 50's and '60.

As long as you metros can laugh at your in jokes and ride your low bikes around without us around then that's ok.

Young tirds.

• Like 3

Young iPad carrying,beard growing,cider drinking,vinyl collecting,pansexual,ironic t-shirt wearing bastards.

Don't worry about the older members who smell vaguely of urine and port.

Us gen x crew will take care of them and listen to their fake stories from the 50's and '60.

As long as you metros can laugh at your in jokes and ride your low bikes around without us around then that's ok.

Young tirds.

Geez Biff. What's got you so riled up? Did a hipster throw a molotov cocktail in your room?

I must agree with you on the hipster deal. Years ago, if you dressed up like this:

:el-hipster.jpg

you were more likely to get arrested for being a kiddy fiddler than being recognized as a fashion plate.

It's more envy than hate Col..i can't squeeze into that tight gear anymore.

• Like 1

Sounds cool, i fall into that category, although i don't live in Melbourne i live in Geetroit City (Geelong).
I go to every Melbourne (Victorian) game already but this could be something else i consider.
Although i already rub shoulders with many "likened" supporters on D'land, and by rubbing shoulders i mean arguing with you bunch of old farts that reside on here.
And i wouldn't change that for the world!

• Like 1

Sounds cool, i fall into that category, although i don't live in Melbourne i live in Geetroit City (Geelong).

I go to every Melbourne (Victorian) game already but this could be something else i consider.

Although i already rub shoulders with many "likened" supporters on D'land, and by rubbing shoulders i mean arguing with you bunch of old farts that reside on here.

And i wouldn't change that for the world!

Easy on the "old" TSFKA I would prefer Mature!

• Like 1

Geez Biff. What's got you so riled up? Did a hipster throw a molotov cocktail in your room?

I must agree with you on the hipster deal. Years ago, if you dressed up like this:

:el-hipster.jpg

you were more likely to get arrested for being a kiddy fiddler than being recognized as a fashion plate.

I think you might have headed to the wrong place mate...

i hope you got permission from bbo to reproduce his copyrighted selfies colin

lol If his usual AV is anything to go by and this is his new look, he has been living on a diet of coffee, cigarettes and fresh air!

Edited by Colin B. Flaubert