Training - Wednesday, 22nd January, 2014

Whispering_Jack

Weather bureau says there's a chance of an early shower but nothing in sight ATM. Should be pleasant for training.

I suppose the theme of the preseason so far is the tall KPP's as this article suggests - Melbourne sweats on fitness of key forwards Mitch Clark, Chris Dawes and Jesse Hogan.

I thought Mitch Clark's problem now was a hamstring and how the recovery from that injury affects his need for fitness but I'm not sure on a reading of the above.

Looking forward to reports from those lucky enough to have the day off and the ability to attend.

Interesting article in the HUN today re health of our key forwards or perhaps more appropriately lack of it.

Comment from JM was we cannot guarantee Clark will be ready for round 1.

Hmm does not sound good to me.

Still not up to full training.

I am worried about Clark

My take from that article is the following:

Hogan will return to training by Friday at the earliest. Should be available for the Richmond game on Feb 14.

Dawes will return to training by Friday next week. 4 weeks of full training should give him a chance for the Geelong game on Feb 28. Should play Hawthorn on March 8 and be fit for round 1 V St Kilda.

Clark - who the hell knows. I don't think the club does....

My take from that article is the following:

Hogan will return to training by Friday at the earliest. Should be available for the Richmond game on Feb 14.

Dawes will return to training by Friday next week. 4 weeks of full training should give him a chance for the Geelong game on Feb 28. Should play Hawthorn on March 8 and be fit for round 1 V St Kilda.

Clark - who the hell knows. I don't think the club does....

Agree BBP

My thinking is now for a forward line without Clark.

No mention on Fitzpatrick.

Does anyone know why he is among the missing?

Interesting article in the HUN today re health of our key forwards or perhaps more appropriately lack of it.

Comment from JM was we cannot guarantee Clark will be ready for round 1.

Hmm does not sound good to me.

Still not up to full training.

I am worried about Clark

Yeah you'd have to say round 1 is not looking good for Clark.

However it looks brighter for Hogan and Dawes for round 1.

Surely a 2 pronged attack of Hogan and Dawes will be a better option than the most recent combo of Sellar and Watts (who did kick 4).

I think we're a sniff to beat St Kilda and GWS even without Clark, as long as Hogan and Dawes are playing.

Yeah you'd have to say round 1 is not looking good for Clark.

However it looks brighter for Hogan and Dawes for round 1.

Surely a 2 pronged attack of Hogan and Dawes will be a better option than the most recent combo of Sellar and Watts (who did kick 4).

I think we're a sniff to beat St Kilda and GWS even without Clark, as long as Hogan and Dawes are playing.

I'm not too concerned... with Dawes and Hogan to take on the oppositions' biggest backs, Clark's physical presence is less of a requirement and his height can be more than compensated for by Howe with his leap and, possibly, JKH to pick up the crumbs.

• Like 1

On a side note, can anyone put togethor a forward line without all the rehab participants at the moment (Clark, Dawes, Hogan, Fitzpatrick, Kent)

HF Tapscott Pederson Howe

F Byrnes Watts JKH

Got that was painful to do.

It's not as painful as you think if the mids manage to clear the ball forward to them.

First things first.

Then do the rucks

Spencer and King

Every year this happens the areas we seem to have the most depth become depleted a few years ago it was small forwards and none could get onto the park now it is our ruck and key forwards that we looked at a thought we are covered then bang injury occurs.

If Clark did his hammy on the 20/12 its now 1 month, unless he re-tore it he should be back. Wasn't he running with the rehab group last Wednesday?

At training now, only player not sighted is Viney. Rehab group is Jamar, Clark, Dawes, Fitz, Riley, Matt Jones, Tappy, Kent, Hogan, and Gawn

6 talls in re-hab.

sheezus..

• Like 1

At training now, only player not sighted is Viney. Rehab group is Jamar, Clark, Dawes, Fitz, Riley, Matt Jones, Tappy, Kent, Hogan, and Gawn

Does that mean that Fitzy is in the main group?

On a side note, can anyone put togethor a forward line without all the rehab participants at the moment (Clark, Dawes, Hogan, Fitzpatrick, Kent)

HF Tapscott Pederson Howe

F Byrnes Watts JKH

Got that was painful to do.

It is hard to look at I know that.

"Mitch is on track to play early in the year and ideally he plays Round 1. We will monitor him closely for the next 5-6 weeks, and if he is ready for a NAB Challenge game, we will play him.

No idea why people are panicking, sounds like everything going to plan.

So what if he s not ready for round 1? He was rushed last year to play round 1 and look what happened. I dont care if he comes back round 10 as long as hes ready to go.

• Like 2

"Mitch is on track to play early in the year and ideally he plays Round 1. We will monitor him closely for the next 5-6 weeks, and if he is ready for a NAB Challenge game, we will play him.

No idea why people are panicking, sounds like everything going to plan.

So what if he s not ready for round 1? He was rushed last year to play round 1 and look what happened. I dont care if he comes back round 10 as long as hes ready to go.

Agreed - I think he was being slightly cautious/conservative with his statement.

I thought Mitch Clark's problem now was a hamstring and how the recovery from that injury affects his need for fitness but I'm not sure on a reading of the above.

I didn't read anything in that specifically mentions what Clark is now struggling with.

My better judgement as a Melbourne supporter is to panic, but I will hold off until the serious stuff gets near.

• Like 1