Your thoughts on Pederson?

I thought he was ok in 2013. If you ignore the head ducking incident of round 1, he was a decent servant for us in 2013. Provided good depth and had no dramas getting possessions and contested marks in defence. Got some coaches awards votes in the second GWS game. Can take a contested mark either forward in back.

I think Pederson is underated around here and should provide solid depth next year.

I wouldn't mind seeing him tried at CHB for a while, no matter how poor he might start off. Will he ever be as good as Craig Bolton, don't know, doubt it. But i do see similarities in both. Quite mobile for a tall, has a decent kick on him and is not meant to star, but just perform his role as a stopper.

I also see him as a potential swing man, a la Adam Hunter from WCE, just not as good.

Garland used to be a whipping boy on here a while back. Now, everyone practically sings his praises. Pederson has only played 26 AFL games, give him more of a chance before we write him off.

Edited by Demon Disciple

I think Pederson is underated around here and should provide solid depth next year.

In a side that miles off the pace even in the bottom quartile we can get excited about someone who is going to be "solid depth"

Good Grief.

Given we have had seven bad years at MFC, there is a terrible trait to eulogise the bog ordinary footballer.

He hasn't shown enough to date to suggest he'll ever be in our best 22.

It seems to me he was originally recruited to be the third tall forward and perhaps also to assist with some forward 50 rucking duties (despite his height).

BUT since that time Fitzpatrick has come on like a steam train and essentially owned this role.

I just don't see where he can push for selection. Perhaps as a CHB in the mould of Craig Ellis (remember him).

To all those who have Called Pederson fat .... I suggest you get down to training. He is not fat, he is just a big unit. He has actually trimmed down considerably and just has a lot of muscle tone. Also there is no way that MFC would have a fat footballer on their list. Very frustrating having to read the same tripe thrown at pederson. Yes he may not be a future brownlow medallist but he is an MFC player and for once we should get behind all our players and not pot them on here when, if we ever met them face to face you would all [censored] yourselves.

• Like 1

In a side that miles off the pace even in the bottom quartile we can get excited about someone who is going to be "solid depth"

Good Grief.

Given we have had seven bad years at MFC, there is a terrible trait to eulogise the bog ordinary footballer.

Pretty much covers it RR

Pedersen was/is not a hopeless cause.

He can kick a long ball and take a good mark.

He was clearly unfit last year but he must be looking a bit fitter from all reports.

There is a footballer hiding in there somewhere.

He shirked a few marks in pack situations last year, as did Nicholson shirk it more than once.

The old me would have sacked them but the new me would threaten them both with a permanent position at Casey if they ever do that again.

They are on the list and I am hoping to go to games with the spirit of'87 and not have to listen to MFC fans whinge from the first quarter.

'87 saw fans begin to get behind everyone and support them-except for Brian Wilson-when he got caught trying to beat 4 tacklers by himself.

One shirking incident should cost a career but if Pedersen gets another game I will be expecting ridiculous acts of bravery from him,as well as skill.

Pedersen was/is not a hopeless cause.

He can kick a long ball and take a good mark.

He was clearly unfit last year but he must be looking a bit fitter from all reports.

There is a footballer hiding in there somewhere.

He shirked a few marks in pack situations last year, as did Nicholson shirk it more than once.

The old me would have sacked them but the new me would threaten them both with a permanent position at Casey if they ever do that again.

They are on the list and I am hoping to go to games with the spirit of'87 and not have to listen to MFC fans whinge from the first quarter.

'87 saw fans begin to get behind everyone and support them-except for Brian Wilson-when he got caught trying to beat 4 tacklers by himself.

One shirking incident should cost a career but if Pedersen gets another game I will be expecting ridiculous acts of bravery from him,as well as skill.

Good luck with that Biffen

It's realfunny, when neeld wanted him i don't remember anyone being against going after him, and many that pot him were excited at the time.

I think the big problem ad was that most knew nothing about him.

I was worried when his highlights reel was one game.

The guy has shown at North and now at the dees that he is a VFL player.

Nothing ventured nothing gained I guess.

To all those who have Called Pederson fat .... I suggest you get down to training. He is not fat, he is just a big unit. He has actually trimmed down considerably and just has a lot of muscle tone. Also there is no way that MFC would have a fat footballer on their list. Very frustrating having to read the same tripe thrown at pederson. Yes he may not be a future brownlow medallist but he is an MFC player and for once we should get behind all our players and not pot them on here when, if we ever met them face to face you would all [censored] yourselves.

Totally agree,we all know hes not fat.

We all know he's not a megastar but he has been handy at times and will assist our backline depth I believe.

He was under massive pressure to drop alot of KG since Roosy has been at the helm.(One of my GF knows him & his wife personally) which is where my info comes from.

He is a big guy, to say any AFL footballer is fat is plain ignorant.

The are all athletes in this day and age.

Would be great if he could prove many on here wrong. Hasn't shown much to indicate he will though.

And for those calling him fat, honestly, what a ridiculous comment. Bet you he's in far better shape than 99.9% on here, regardless of being on an AFL list or not. I saw him myself at training and thought he looked ripped. He has a big frame and if he gets up to the required fitness level he might well make an impact next season. Must get km's into his legs, it appears. Problem is, where would he fit in? 4th tall down back? Only depth? We have enough talls up fwd if Dawes, Clark and Hogan are all playing (looking unlikely).

When training resumes on 6 January, 2014 could somebody please take photographs of Pedo so we can decide whether he's ripped with a 6 pack or fat?

IMO he disappointed this year and didn't show why the recruiters went ape trying to recruit him, even resorting to giving up a potential champion in Gysberts to get him (sarcasm button on high).

However, he did kick what must have been close to our goal of the year during the team's insipid display against GWS so who knows what he might do under Paul Roos.

He is a fringe/depth player in the worst team in the comp..... nuff said.

Nicho, Byrnes and Pedo all have one thing in common - contracts are the only thing keeping them on our list.

Edited by Young Dee

Totally agree,we all know hes not fat.

We all know he's not a megastar but he has been handy at times and will assist our backline depth I believe.

He was under massive pressure to drop alot of KG since Roosy has been at the helm.(One of my GF knows him & his wife personally) which is where my info comes from.

He is a big guy, to say any AFL footballer is fat is plain ignorant.

The are all athletes in this day and age.

I sat on the wing/flank in the Essendon game which was 1st or Second match of the year IIRC.

I saw him and Gillies were not in shape and it showed .

For all Neelds talk neither of these guys were ready for an AFL game.

I think the big anti-Neeld feeling comes from the fact that he tore up the list and got these two in as well as Byrnes.

He tried to break everyone down mentally and physically in an attempt to build them in his own image.

The gameplan was negative and when Clark went ,the plan was redundant.

Pedo is either a sweeper or a pinch hitter up forward.

Anyway he is contracted and I have seen worse players get to 50 or 100 games of AFL.