Containing the hype!!!!!

S.R.J

Funny how we thought 2010 was crap until we hit 2011/12 !

We were 'mediocre' in 2010 which led us to believe that our change of coach in 2011 would lead us to 'competitive' in 2012. How wrong we were. Now, we're 'pathetic', we are hopeful of an improvement back to 'mediocre' and then, who knows?

When's the draw announced?

I hope we play another Melbourne based club in round one on Sat at the G.

Big crowd. High expectations following a disciplined pre season.

I think we'll see a very different outfit. Well coached - good structures and set up. Fit.

Our team lacked everything last season. No midfield. Poorly coached it would seem. Low on confidence/morale. No hope.

It's possible that all of those things will have changed by the start of next season.

For a start, I think our list is now well balanced, which I actually find bizarre, given how poor it seemed to be last year. We need another gun mid, which we should secure with pick 9.

Our bookends are really good and we now have an engine. Clearly we have a good coach. 10 games is a distinct possibility IMO.

There is now genuine and realistic hope.

Why contain the hype?!

The G isnt avail in round 1 I beleive...could be wrong but think with the season starting a bit early that cricket still occupies our ground .

• Like 1

When's the draw announced?

I hope we play another Melbourne based club in round one on Sat at the G.

Big crowd. High expectations following a disciplined pre season.

I think we'll see a very different outfit. Well coached - good structures and set up. Fit.

Our team lacked everything last season. No midfield. Poorly coached it would seem. Low on confidence/morale. No hope.

It's possible that all of those things will have changed by the start of next season.

For a start, I think our list is now well balanced, which I actually find bizarre, given how poor it seemed to be last year. We need another gun mid, which we should secure with pick 9.

Our bookends are really good and we now have an engine. Clearly we have a good coach. 10 games is a distinct possibility IMO.

There is now genuine and realistic hope.

Why contain the hype?!

Daily RB, thee afl leaks a little every day to keep AFL in the media!

Am I cynical?

Yes

• Like 1

Poorly coached it would seem. Low on confidence/morale. No hope.

That is it in a nutshell.

Watch the boys actually start backing themselves again and take the game on instead of continually being second at the pill

I refuse to believe there is no talent on this list. They are playing the highest level for goodness sake so clearly they have the ability to hit a team mate on the chest when need be. It just goes back to the belief in themselves which has been sucked dry over the last two years.

I don't believe in any miracles going into the next season but I do believe we will definitely stem the bleeding and see no more thumping's and a lot more competitive games from our boys.

• Like 2

That is it in a nutshell.

Watch the boys actually start backing themselves again and take the game on instead of continually being second at the pill

I refuse to believe there is no talent on this list. They are playing the highest level for goodness sake so clearly they have the ability to hit a team mate on the chest when need be. It just goes back to the belief in themselves which has been sucked dry over the last two years.

I don't believe in any miracles going into the next season but I do believe we will definitely stem the bleeding and see no more thumping's and a lot more competitive games from our boys.

I would agree with most of this deeko however simply because they are playing at the highest level does not mean they have the talent to succeed.

We do have a large number of VFL standard players, if they were coached by JC over the last two years the result would have been close to the same IMO.

I expect that there will be some improvement in 2014 but we have added mainly kids and they will need time.

With another injection of new blood this time next year we might finally have a reasonable list.

When we have a reasonable list the results will start to flow.

Which is what I think you are saying.

• Like 1

I think im just excited about the possability of having players like Clark and Dawes playing a majority of games next year and with the likes of Hogan and now Vince, Tyson, Michie and Cross in the mix i just want to see them out there in the Red and Blue.

I know winning X amount of games would be great and i want to watch my boys play in September but that not what im excited about. I dont think i have wanted footy to come around as much as i do this time. I just want to see the MFC put the best availible team on the field.

• Like 1

We do have a large number of VFL standard players, if they were coached by JC over the last two years the result would have been close to the same IMO.

I expect that there will be some improvement in 2014 but we have added mainly kids and they will need time.

With another injection of new blood this time next year we might finally have a reasonable list.

When we have a reasonable list the results will start to flow.

Which is what I think you are saying.

Spot on OD.

I still don't think our list is completely awful.

Having a look at most peoples preferred starting line ups there aren't to many VFL standard players on the list, they just played like a bunch of headless chooks because they had no idea what they were meant to be doing.

Frawley, Garland, McDonald, Grimes, Viney, Nate Jones, Clark, Dawes, Trengove would play senior footy at any other team in the AFL, I don't doubt this at all.

Toumpas, Watts, Gawn, Fitz, Cross, & Howe would play senior footy at most other teams and all of these guys will show further improvement this year other than Cross who will still be handy.

Michie, Hogan, Pick 9, Tyson are hard to judge at the moment, but I'm hoping for the best.

That makes nearly 20 which is nearly a team!

12th on the ladder HERE WE COME!!!!!!

disclaimer - I have probably missed a player or people mightn't agree with all but it's just a quick exercise and didn't have a huge amount of thought process. However I think the rest are VFL standard

If some of you think we are going to win 10+ games next year you are going to be disappointed, if some of you don't take some solace in being in games longer without actually winning them - you are going to be disappointed.

So many excited people forcing themselves to be disappointed people...

You see, this is where the optimist differs from the realist and/or pessimist. I would be disappointed if I didn't tip us to win ten games, and then we did. I'd be disappointed in myself for having so little faith. The so-called realist and the pessimist are always satisfied because they fail to dare to dream.

Disturb us Lord when we are too well pleased with ourselves,

Because we have dreamed too little,

When we arrived safely,

Because we sailed too close to the shore.

Sir Francis Drake - 1577

GO DEES!

Edited by Crawf52

You see, this is where the optimist differs from the realist and/or pessimist. I would be disappointed if I didn't tip us to win ten games, and then we did. I'd be disappointed in myself for having so little faith. The so-called realist and the pessimist are always satisfied because they fail to dare to dream.

Disturb us Lord when we are too well pleased with ourselves,

Because we have dreamed too little,

When we arrived safely,

Because we sailed too close to the shore.

Sir Francis Drake - 1577

GO DEES!

Oh Reverend is it so good to have you back!

Oh Reverend is it so good to have you back!

I'm not sure I'm back OD. But I'm more back than I was a couple of weeks ago.

Busy times at work have prevented me from doing more than grabbing a quick glance at proceedings on Demonland, but everything I'm seeing is giving me cause for renewed optimism.

I just have to believe that 2014 will be much better than this year. Bring on Round One.

GO DEES!

I'm not sure I'm back OD. But I'm more back than I was a couple of weeks ago.

Busy times at work have prevented me from doing more than grabbing a quick glance at proceedings on Demonland, but everything I'm seeing is giving me cause for renewed optimism.

I just have to believe that 2014 will be much better than this year. Bring on Round One.

GO DEES!

I will give you one small piece of support reverend.

I find it impossible to believe we will be worse than this year.

Go dees

I dream. I dream of incredible improvement from the depths we are currently in.

But I won't expect more than is possible and damn those results as not good enough.

I have hope, it's different to expectation and aside from from disappointment.

I want to enjoy the slow ride back to relevance.

• Like 2

Would be nice to see a 22 up against another 22 and think, "yeah not too bad".

I've actually thought that on many occasions, even in the last two seasons. On paper the team hasn't looked too bad, then the realisation that the game isn't being played on paper sets in.

Along with the improved list, greater confidence and standards that flow from genuine respect for the coach could be quite significant. But I agree that hope and expectation are very different.

Honestly, couldn't give a kangaroo jump on where we finish.

I long to witness a competitive team

Who posses the hunger for the sherrin.

Heads high;

Ready to hold their own ground.

Don't care where you finish

The win/loss record of little interest

Just go out there and fight

Show me all your might;

For Roooooooooos we STAND!