2014 Ladder

InVINCEable

1. Fremantle - Only going to get better next year

2. Hawthorn - Better without Buddy?

3. Sydney - Too much talent to finish outside the top 4

4. Geelong - Young guys like Motlop, Duncan etc only going to get better

5. North Melbourne - Unfortunate, as I cannot stand them. Team is shaping up pretty well

6. Collingwood - Neither here nor there. Talented, but poorly managed

7. Richmond - Will be similar to this year

8. Adelaide - Tex comes back with Betts at his feet. Crouch, Dangerfield, Sloane, Douglas form matchup nightmares for opposing midfields.

9. Carlton - Nothing special

10. Essendon - Drugs will have well and truly worn off

11. Port Adelaide - Don't think they'll regress too much, just other teams like Adelaide will have better seasons

12. Gold Coast - Will continue to gradually move up the ladder

13. West Coast - Should be better, but with a rookie coach I don't see the improving straight away

14. Brisbane - No idea what's going on up there

15. Melbourne - To even get to 15th would be a drastic improvement on last season. It will take some time to be beating down the door of the eight again

16. Bulldogs - Lack strength in key positions, McCartney doesn't seem like much of a coach either

17. GWS - Might win 3-4 games. Talented, no doubt, but they don't know how to win.

18. St Kilda - Total mess, will be down in the dregs for a few years you'd think. Watters first coach to fall next year

And i thought my ladder was pie in the sky! We will definitely finish above Lions, Carlton and Crows

Your on crack if you think we'll be in the top 8 at the end of next season.

How many Port Adelaide fans thought they would make finals this year, last year?

• Like 1

And i thought my ladder was pie in the sky! We will definitely finish above Lions, Carlton and Crows

I would hardly class a ladder with the same top and bottom four as the year prior as "pie in the sky".

No way will we finish above Carlton, wise up

1.Fremantle

2.Sydney

3.Geelong

4.Hawthorn

5.Collingwood

6.North Melbourne

7.Richmond

8.Port Adelaide

9. Essendon

10.Carlton

11.Gold Coast

12.West Coast

13.Adelaide

14.Melbourne

15.Western Bulldogs

16.Brisbane

17.Greater Western Sydney

18.Stkilda

Most likely these teams above us, no particular order : Fremantle, Hawthorn, Sydney, Geelong, Collingwood, Richmond, Nth

us @ 8

who cares as to rest :rolleyes: :)

And Essendon, who will be bottom after they lose half their players

We can only dream!

Most likely these teams above us, no particular order : Fremantle, Hawthorn, Sydney, Geelong, Collingwood, Richmond, Nth

us @ 8

who cares as to rest :rolleyes: :)

Way to many bananas for you today bb.

They can do strange thing to you if you consume large quantities !

• Like 1

Hahaha the MFC finishing higher than the cats next year!!!

Gimme some of your stash brother!!

Geelong have lost about 25 games since 2007, in that time we have made ourselves irrellevant sadly.

Improvement will come but not like your prediction :)

hand back your membership and start washing windows at intersections

were on the way to 8th and don't need hangers on and bandwagon jumpers

the ride has started pops ,buy a ticket and ENJOY

• Like 1

have already bought memberships.

Have you contributed to the Fighting Fund yet?

Geeeeklong will finish above the MFC in 2014

Kardinia Park is still a fortress.

• Like 2

I could not help but notice jazza that you did not list a year.

2015 yes.

have already bought memberships.

Have you contributed to the Fighting Fund yet?

Geeeeklong will finish above the MFC in 2014

Kardinia Park is still a fortress.

Down there they will still beat us with one leg in the air.

Hopeful for the Dees to head north and i dint think it will take as long as some migt think. There is some quality in the list but it is hidden by the mental state of the team. Confidence is a big thing and like PJ has stated Roos is there partly to sell hope not just to us but also to the playing group.

I can us pushing for the 8 with the tiges, Doggies and Port etc.

Top 4 who will fight it out for the flag

Freo

Hawthorn

Sydney

and one of Coll, Kangas (both did well in trades and draft) and Adelaide (Tex factor)

I recon when you view Geelongs losses over the last couple of years it is not easy to replace and while they still have some greats and will be okay I dont think they will be the team there once were.

Bombers will be struck down by the off field dramas and players wanting out (I am giggling like a teenage girl in anticpation). Hopefully the players dont get whacked as I dont recon its thier fault.

Before you can work out where you will finish, you have to have a realistic look at the number of games you can and who you can win them against.

Should beat GWS twice

Should beat GC once

Should beat Saints twice

Should beat Brisbane once

Could beat Essendon, Bulldogs, West Coast and Adelaide once

Total Should and Would = 10 That's about it for mine and that's if all goes well.

Can't see us beating any of the other sides unless it is a down day for them and an up day for us.

Probably 8 games is semi realistic, but that may be optimistic.

• Like 1

Before you can work out where you will finish, you have to have a realistic look at the number of games you can and who you can win them against.

Should beat GWS twice

Should beat GC once

Should beat Saints twice

Should beat Brisbane once

Could beat Essendon, Bulldogs, West Coast and Adelaide once

Total Should and Would = 10 That's about it for mine and that's if all goes well.

Can't see us beating any of the other sides unless it is a down day for them and an up day for us.

Probably 8 games is semi realistic, but that may be optimistic.

I was with you Robbie until you got to Essendon, WCE and Adelaide.

No hope there.

I think we

Could beat GWS twice

Could beat GC once

Could beat Saints once

Could beat Brisbane once

Could beat Bulldogs once

Beyond that we need a few of the kids to come on faster than I think they are capable of doing in 2014.

6 wins is the best for me

I was with you Robbie until you got to Essendon, WCE and Adelaide.

No hope there.

I think we

Could beat GWS twice

Could beat GC once

Could beat Saints once

Could beat Brisbane once

Could beat Bulldogs once

Beyond that we need a few of the kids to come on faster than I think they are capable of doing in 2014.

6 wins is the best for me

You never know od, the wheel turns and sometimes pretty quickly. We have a team that contains some talent, according to Roos and if we get all our players fit and on the park and with the new inclusions we may be ok.

We will have a new game plan, a new plan for players like Trengove (hunter instead of tagger) and Watts (attacking midfield instead of defensive no position back), a bit more bite in the middle and a much improved forward line. Our Backline is pretty good and has a couple of players that have a year's more experience and we have a bit of depth there.

I'm not expecting miracles, I've supported Melbourne for too long, but there is at least a glimmer of hope in the body and signs of a pulse.

• Like 1

1. Fremantle
2. Sydney
3. Gold Coast
4. Hawthorn
5. Richmond
6. Port Adelaide
7. North Melbourne
8. Melbourne
9. Geelong (delisted too many stars)
10. Collingwood
11. Essendon
12. Carlton
13. Adelaide
14. Bulldogs
15. West Coast
16. Brisbane
17. GWS
18. St. Kilda
I know lots of people will disagree with me, just my opinion.

Lol - I was about to say you had left out Melbounre .......... but then I realised you must have just made an honest mistake and placed them in 8th place...... or is this 2016 ladder?

I think this thread should be merged with the "optimism only thread" or an "optimism bordering on delusional thread".

I would be stoked with Demonof96's ladder:

15. Melbourne - To even get to 15th would be a drastic improvement on last season. It will take some time to be beating down the door of the eight again

16. Bulldogs - Lack strength in key positions, McCartney doesn't seem like much of a coach either

17. GWS - Might win 3-4 games. Talented, no doubt, but they don't know how to win.

18. St Kilda - Total mess, will be down in the dregs for a few years you'd think. Watters first coach to fall next year

• Like 1

Lions - maybe but highly doubt it (depends on what's brewing within the club)

Carlton - no way

Crows - highly unlikely

Edited by Young Dee

You never know od, the wheel turns and sometimes pretty quickly. We have a team that contains some talent, according to Roos and if we get all our players fit and on the park and with the new inclusions we may be ok.

We will have a new game plan, a new plan for players like Trengove (hunter instead of tagger) and Watts (attacking midfield instead of defensive no position back), a bit more bite in the middle and a much improved forward line. Our Backline is pretty good and has a couple of players that have a year's more experience and we have a bit of depth there.

I'm not expecting miracles, I've supported Melbourne for too long, but there is at least a glimmer of hope in the body and signs of a pulse.

I hope you are right Robbie I just see it as difficult to come out from the depths of 2011/12 quickly.

While you correctly point out we do have some talent it depends IMO on a lot of kids improving quickly.

I will be happy with 6 wins and very few beltings

I have to say reading most of these ladders I am suprised how many rate North. I know they are the flavour of the month, but imo they are one injury to Petrie away from a tough season. They have a reasonable backline, a solid, but not star studded midfield and a forward line with alot of average sized blokes with one real KPF. They still rely heavily on Boomer, who is getting on and will eventually have his form slide, Petrie, who is a good KPF but really their only pack splitter, and Lindsay Thomas had a stellar year last year that I doubt he will replicate. They will be in the mix for the 8, but I can see them missing and don't think they are top four material. Hawthorn, Sydney, Freo, Geelong are all still way ahead of North.

As for us I will be stoked for 15th, also while I think GWS should stay near the bottom, there is so much talent on their list that any confidence and early season form could see them jumping a few clubs, including us.......

• Like 2