R.I.P. Demonology

I haven't posted on Demonology for 4 or 5 years and you still want to blame for your failings.

Interesting that; I didn't do the walk to the G this year because I took my wife and she didn't want to get her there too early. Not sure who you were talking too.

Not necessarily this year Robbie and I remember you getting into a blue over the early contract extension for Bailey(I didnt post on that at all and thought you were being unfairly attacked for a reasonable point of view...probably because of your General Board attitude)..you announced you were "off"and you never returned

You have been blaming me and HHNF ("the other one" ) ever since.

A bit sad really.

Edited by IRW

Not necessarily this year Robbie

Well I did the walk last year and the year before but apart from my family and GSmith and Tilly I didn't talk to anyone else I reckon you've got the wrong grey head. Mines white anyway.

Anyway, off you go and enjoy your life.

um...hannibal is not his actual identity either

What's with the smoke and mirrors stuff?!

I actually couldn't give a stuff who anyone is to be honest. In fact, I regret asking the innocent question in the first place.

This is the type of posting that turned me off Demonology in the first place. Ironic really.

• Like 1

What's with the smoke and mirrors stuff?!

I actually couldn't give a stuff who anyone is to be honest. In fact, I regret asking the innocent question in the first place.

This is the type of posting that turned me off Demonology in the first place. Ironic really.

Ben-Hur posted under Hannabal and Trav20 on here as well as a couple that I can't recall, Black Duck or something like that was one and there were a few others that have gone by the by.

I just had a look at Demonology and in particular one thread on the General Board that was just disgusting; no wonder they are censoring it, it should be closed down if that's the level that the debate has descended to.

Healthy debate is ok but some of the foul language used there is just inexcusable, the usual suspects, the ones banned from here.

Meh.

I found the 'Land via the 'Ology. The 'Ology seemed too exclusionary for me. A bunch of blokes who thought they were the font of all wisdom and if you didn't have a high post count, then your opinion was disregarded.

I have seen bits and pieces of Doctor Who's work when I have occasionally lurked the boards. The future looks grim.

He is.

Well, was, until a few hours ago before the site thief revoked my access. Don't worry about that though, there are other ways and means to skin this cat. It just has to wait until I get home.

now is the time to use those carefully placed back-doors eh nasher

give em hell

A little while ago I was approached by a poster who wanted to be put into contact with Demonology's owner about the prospect of revitalising the site. I would be mortified if that person is now the owner and has put irresponsible people in charge of its administration and moderation. Looking at the site however, I've not seen evidence of this taking place although I do see that quite a few posters who have been banned on here find themselves new homes over there.

I hope the change of ownership proves not to be true. I like some of the robust discussion that goes on there from time to time.

That is exactly what has transpired Jack although Tim tells me that he was introduced to [censored] by George on the Outer. It appears that the [censored] Brothers have taken advantage of Tim's illness and coerced from him all the passwords necessary to control the site. No money has changed hands it was simply a case of Tim being unable to cope and succumbed to the pressure applied.

Incidentally whilst Tim remains most unwell at least his problem has now been diagnosed and he knows what he is up against.

The site may well continue under the control of these undesirables however many of the long term posters who have not already abandoned ship will now do so.

A sad ending to a relationship which many of us have been involved in for close to a decade.

Apologies to Demonlanders who have no interest however there are a number who have used both sites.

He is.

Well, was, until a few hours ago before the site thief revoked my access. Don't worry about that though, there are other ways and means to skin this cat. It just has to wait until I get home.

Been trying to get hold of you all day Nasher.

Can't log in over there now. Looks like you might need Who's sonic screwdriver to enter the site.

I am the same - looks like a login then nothing.

Have only been an occasional poster for the last couple of years on both sites but regularly kept an eye on 'ology. It would be a real pity if this can't be resolved.