Who will the delistings be?

Alf Stewart

I think Tapscott Bail and blease are contracted to end of 2014.

Davey and rodan have retired guys not delisted... (as has Macdonald)

jetta gillies sellar and couch probably out

maybe davis too

If you get delist Gillies, Sellar and Davis that leaves you with Pederson as the only bigger bodied back up. You happy with that? I'm not.

If you get delist Gillies, Sellar and Davis that leaves you with Pederson as the only bigger bodied back up. You happy with that? I'm not.

Then draft someone from the state leagues, other clubs, or nat draft that has a future and can be a back-up.

There is no point in keeping them around if they can't contribute.

• Like 2

Of that trio only Davis shows any endeavour and urgency in his play and even then he looks a plodder. Can't say he has any elite skills to speak of, but if forced to chose oneto keep, then it would be him. But he needs to be upskilled. As far as Pederson goes I can't wait till his contract expires, he is either lazy or unfit. If you watch him closely he just jogs to contests.

• Like 1

Then draft someone from the state leagues, other clubs, or nat draft that has a future and can be a back-up.

There is no point in keeping them around if they can't contribute.

Isn't that what we did with Gillies, Sellar and Pederson?

I'd consider keeping James Sellar. He's got lots of talent and reads the play well, but gets the absolute yips when his confidence drops, and it seldom doesn't. As a tall utility, he's got huge upside if his head can be fixed, and that's where I think our new coach (who is he again ... ?) seems to be a transformer of men.

• Like 2

Yes.

We have been crap for 7 years but posters still want to hold onto player X as depth.

Frawley, McDonald, Garland.

Pedersen VFL and we draft another KPP with a lower pick.

• Like 1

Do we know when the exit interviews will happen? I remember Neil Craig saying it was a Wednesday? Is it this Wednesday? I'm really interested to see who Roosy will cut and who he thinks he can improve.

Would of thought he would want a look at the young players before he cuts them. But then again Casey are done now so who knows when it will be.... when is the deadline day for delistements?

Strauss just hangs in !!!

I can only imagine that the clean out has still a way to go.

The ones that have been de listed are not an issue.

We still have players with some sort of currency.

When all options are exhausted we will then see more.

Cutting your losses and paying out a contract isn't an option?

That spot on the senior list is worth a lot more than the monetary value of prematurely axing said contract.

By contract you mean person.

'Thanks for everything Rohan, good luck with all the head trauma - we are cutting you a year out and wasting thousands of dollars on another payout.'

It also sends a bad message.

• Like 1

By contract I mean player.

5 years on the list he's only ever played more than 9 games in a season once. And even when he's fully fit (as rare as that is), I don't think he's even best 22.

Sentiments aside this is a football club that should be doing everything possible to better the situation, hanging onto guys that can't/won't/don't perform on a continual basis is folly.

Cutting your losses and paying out a contract isn't an option?

That spot on the senior list is worth a lot more than the monetary value of prematurely axing said contract.

If we're interested in Yeo, or Docherty, we may be able to workout some sort of deal for one of these guys, & who knows, the Lions may have some interest in a hard runner?

Docherty seems a better proposition than Yeo as he can go into the midfield. Happy to exchange for Bail!

• Like 1

I think Bail came from QLD

yep, but I can't tell what his value would be to them?

also Spence from Redlands. again I don't know what they're needs are, or how they value these boys?

I don't really want us to move Spence, until seeing him play next year. he's just starting to come of age, so I'd like to see how it he goes.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.