Number 1 target

Ted Lasso

If the club adds one player to the list who would you like to see/think we could get

we have some good trade currency in Jack watts, fitz, blease, pick1 and pick 3 potentially

I think we need at least one mature age midfield leader, someone who won't take cr@p and set elite standards, support Nathan Jones and teach our Young midfield what is required

I think the club needs to bring Simon Black or Cameron Ling in as an Assistant coach to help on this front,

My number one target at this point would be David Mundy, Victorian strong bodied mid who freo may consider offering for pick 1.

Priority Pick 1, Pick 3 to us

Trade out Fitzpatrick and one of Howe/Watts for 2 very good mids and a pick if we are very fortunate.

Select Boyd at Pick 1. Take a mid at 3.

Hypothetically Mitch Clark retires becaue of his foot.

Lose: Clark, Fitzpatrick, Howe/Watts

Gain: Boyd, 2 very good mids, a supposed to be future A-grader

Anyone keen to fill in the 2 very good mids and supposed future A-grader?

Go after Nate Fyffe if he is up for contract renewal.

If Fyffe not available, then offer Sewell big $ and don't let him say no. His is slipping out of favour at the Hawks and has 2 really good years left in him.

• Like 1

Read the first post. David Mundy as good as he is, is 29 next season. Nearly as stupid as the moron who said we should get Pendelbury from Collingwood with our First Pick.

Pendlebury would die laughing at the thought of leaving Collingwood to come to Melbourne. Even Parents will try to deter Melbourne from Drafting their kids.

Read the first post. David Mundy as good as he is, is 29 next season. Nearly as stupid as the moron who said we should get Pendelbury from Collingwood with our First Pick.

Pendlebury would die laughing at the thought of leaving Collingwood to come to Melbourne. Even Parents will try to deter Melbourne from Drafting their kids.

Oh, okay.

Yeah, na. I would throw some decent coin at Sewell though.

Edited by jumbo returns

Not sure about number one target.... But here are some that i wouldn't mind looking at.... Doubt they move though...

Douglas

Hanley

Sewell

Thomas

C Jones

Del santo

Mundy

Shuey

D Martin

Adams

Yarren

Chapman

Kelly

Not sure about number one target.... But here are some that i wouldn't mind looking at.... Doubt they move though...

Douglas ....not likely

Hanley ....good luck

Sewell ......not now, pensioner

Thomas .....Yep

C Jones ....if you mean the saint he would be at home at the dees, one of the worst kicks in the AFL

Del santo ....if he goes anywhere it will be to a contender

Mundy ....Freo are a contender

Shuey .....not likely

D Martin ....be lucky to be playing in the next few years

Adams ....the cash would be way overs

Yarren .....couldn't get a kick in a stampede, would be right at home at the MFC

Chapman ....the one legged man, pensioner

Kelly ....call him pops for a reason pensioner

• Like 1

Taylor Adams will be coming into his third year and has the goods. Tough Geelong Falcons player who's a former first round pick.

He Viney and Nathan Jones could form a tough on-ball nucleus for many years.

And most at GWS are seemingly resigned to losing him at the end of the year.

• Like 1

Does anyone think Ryan Griffen might leave the Bullies for lots of cash??

No, but they should consider off loading him to the Giants for all they can get.

And.. They should off load Cooney to.

They need picks... Consider the Lake trade - that was a win for them, Hovrat is going to be a player.

Cooney and Griffin won't be around for the next flag and the Bullies can get absolute top end talent for Griffin and would get a good deal for Cooney in compo.

Given Cooney has won a Brownlow and would be on a quid.

If I was the Doggies I'd be stocking up on young talent and surrounded their playing list with more free agents.

Two years of free agents, then Libba, Wallace, Stringer and McCrae will be ready to carry the side and Grant and Jones should have improved enough to be decent forwards.

Not to mention the talent they'll get for Griffin and Cooney.

And most at GWS are seemingly resigned to losing him at the end of the year.

It's the third year when a lot of young mids start stepping up. Not all, as some start getting tagged and don't handle it too well, but look at a guy like Prestia, who did well in his first two and has similar traits to Adams and how he has really leapt forward in his third. Tom Liberatore is another who has taken that third year leap. Adams has the attributes to do it too.

It's a pity that young Melbourne mids seem to go in the opposite direction in year 3.

• Like 1

No, but they should consider off loading him to the Giants for all they can get.

And.. They should off load Cooney to.

They need picks... Consider the Lake trade - that was a win for them, Hovrat is going to be a player.

Cooney and Griffin won't be around for the next flag and the Bullies can get absolute top end talent for Griffin and would get a good deal for Cooney in compo.

Given Cooney has won a Brownlow and would be on a quid.

If I was the Doggies I'd be stocking up on young talent and surrounded their playing list with more free agents.

Two years of free agents, then Libba, Wallace, Stringer and McCrae will be ready to carry the side and Grant and Jones should have improved enough to be decent forwards.

Not to mention the talent they'll get for Griffin and Cooney.

They don't need to lose Griffen, they need his experience and he will be captain next season. We above any other club know the damage done when you lose heart and soul senior players, add that Griffens ability and it would be a Melbourne like monumentally bad decision.

• Like 1

Taylor Adams will be coming into his third year and has the goods. Tough Geelong Falcons player who's a former first round pick.

He Viney and Nathan Jones could form a tough on-ball nucleus for many years.

I am a big BIG fan of Taylor Adams, my question would be would they do a swap for Jamar and pick 19, or would they do a swap for Jack watts?

is it possible a deal could be done without pick 1 or 3?

I am a big BIG fan of Taylor Adams, my question would be would they do a swap for Jamar and pick 19, or would they do a swap for Jack watts?

is it possible a deal could be done without pick 1 or 3?

I don't know how to get him, but it was the thread I posted in. You wouldn't want picks 1 or 3 involved, but who knows, there may be a cocktail.

Jamar and pick 19 for Adams ?

Jamar is a washed up hack, who has had one very good year and one OK one. So in essence you're saying pick 19 for Adams, who was pick 13 and now has two years development under his belt. What do you reckon they'd think ?

A straight swap for Watts ? I'd do that deal. Watts will be a decent player, but imo will never step up in finals type heat, while Adams is exactly what we need.

• Like 3

I don't know how to get him, but it was the thread I posted in. You wouldn't want picks 1 or 3 involved, but who knows, there may be a cocktail.

Jamar and pick 19 for Adams ?

Jamar is a washed up hack, who has had one very good year and one OK one. So in essence you're saying pick 19 for Adams, who was pick 13 and now has two years development under his belt. What do you reckon they'd think ?

A straight swap for Watts ? I'd do that deal. Watts will be a decent player, but imo will never step up in finals type heat, while Adams is exactly what we need.

I was for keeping Watts but if we have the chance to pick up Boyd then Watts would be an option for me. I think there are only a few players out of the current list now I would want to keep and he's not on it.

They don't need to lose Griffen, they need his experience and he will be captain next season. We above any other club know the damage done when you lose heart and soul senior players, add that Griffens ability and it would be a Melbourne like monumentally bad decision.

There are arguments on both sides, they could essentially get that leadership through free agency.

Higgins should be able to step up next year and cover somewhat for Griffin, but I think there is an argument either way.

They want pick 1 - they'll only get it through Griffin and I agree he is quality and it will take that to get pick 1.

Add Higgins and some experienced free agents and they can cover for Griffin somewhat - also taking into account the improvement of Libba, etc next year.

I'd offload Cooney and Griffin, just my opinion and it would be in the minority, but I'd take the risk like St Kilda didn't.

I'd take Adams in a heart beat.

I'd offer GWS pick 19 and Jamar and tell them if not we will grab him PSD.

As long as Adams says the same we maybe able to get him for that deal. But I doubt either of those will work :)

Adam's won't say the same, why would he want to come to the MFC?

We'd win that trade, I think it's a good trade for us, but I wouldn't cry if it didn't go through either.

I think Durmont could slip to 19, if not Dunstan, Taylor or Crouch could be a chance, they can't all go first round.

So I like the offer, it's worth floating up.