OUT: Abbott IN: Turnbull

Soidee

I might not be inspiring, but at least I don't constantly talk [censored] like you do.

You're not inspiring and you do.

You're not inspiring and you do.

I love you too, mate.

But seeing how you seem to have a problem with what I posted, what do you reckon the chances are that you'll say something intelligent in rebuttal? I'm giving it the same odds as my dog completing a crossword, but in this mixed up crazy world anything is possible.

you certainly hit the nail on the head there ct

biffo can talk [censored] with the best of them

eat [censored] :lol:

You generally amuse me with your random comments, but as per the above post is it possible that you could add something better than Rodney Dangerfield quips?

rodney dangerfield said "eat common-sense"? i didn't know that

He also said "when Carrot Top played in the sandpit the cat kept trying to bury him".

I love you too, mate.

But seeing how you seem to have a problem with what I posted, what do you reckon the chances are that you'll say something intelligent in rebuttal? I'm giving it the same odds as my dog completing a crossword, but in this mixed up crazy world anything is possible.

E=mc2.

There you go.

Everyone knows a dog can't hold a pencil.

But never lose hope.

• Like 1

Away from the topic???Tony has now been quoted as saying the ABC "instinctively takes every-ones side but Australia's"

WOW It may be interesting to see the local content percentages

Tony mustn't see Landline, Oh I don't intend to go on.

Even Turnbull points out "that if it wasn't for the ABC and Fairfax we might not know of the latest round of union corruption". Former ABC managing director David Hill says "Its an absurd proposition, laughable if it wasn't so dangerous"

It will be interesting to see how the other media players report these comments.

• Like 1

Away from the topic???Tony has now been quoted as saying the ABC "instinctively takes every-ones side but Australia's"

Even Turnbull points out "that if it wasn't for the ABC and Fairfax we might not know of the latest round of union corruption". Former ABC managing director David Hill says "Its an absurd proposition, laughable if it wasn't so dangerous"

It will be interesting to see how the other media players report these comments.

I found his comment suggesting that the ABC support the "home team" a little odd... perhaps he should get some advice from China's politbureau to see how he can best go about that.

• Like 1

An(other) embarrassing display from Tony to be honest. He really isn't a leader's back passage. Even his mentor would've shifted uncomfortably listening to that.

Good on Malcolm for putting the turnip in his place. The wrong man is in the top job. Hopefully the Libs figure that out soon, for the good of everyone.

The ABC are an utter disgrace. Only left wing knobs would disagree.

I won't apply this to your posts on football as I agree with a lot of what you say but your posts on politics are, dare I say it, lightweight.

well colin strangely in a democracy his vote has exactly the same "weight" as yours

Lightweight as in his analysis lacks any weight or depth and is completely superficial.

only the neocon [censored] seem to have a problem with it.

Is it because play school,rage,land line and bananas in pyjamas are conspiring against you?

Fkn halfwit PM running down the National Broadcaster and you support him.

I won't apply this to your posts on football as I agree with a lot of what you say but your posts on politics are, dare I say it, lightweight.

You're welcome to your opinion and I wouldn't really argue with your view. I'm too busy doing other things to ever become overly analytical. I rely on common sense. My common sense usually gets me through, but it may differ from yours.

Carbon dioxide tax that won't change temperatures yet is an impost on business doesn't make sense. Simple view, but I'm happy with it.

The science isn't settled. Simple view, but is stated by scientists on both sides of the fence.

There's doubt that the world is warming "dangerously". Simple view, but it's shared by many.

Even if it is warming dangerously, the tax does NOTHING. Simple view, but fact.

Multiculturism is a flawed concept that doesn't work. It encourages difference. It doesn't promote assimilation. In fact the opposite is true. Btw, don't confuse immigration with multiculturism, as the two are not similar in any way. Simple view, but it's common sense.

People that jump on leaky boats drown at sea. Simple view, but fact.

Off shore processing and a hard stand, such as turning back boats stops people jumping on leaky boats. Simple view, but the facts back it up.

People that jump on leaky boats have got to safe countries already and don't have to take a perilous boat trip. Simple view, but is true.

Should we take more refugees ? Sure, but under tight control. Simple view, but the idea of protecting our borders and citizens makes sense to me.

People don't know how to merge on freeways. Not politics, but it drives me nuts. Don't they know you have to merge at speed ?

That said, I'm not sure how much depth you expect me to give or how much time you expect me to waste. I fully recognise that any contributions I make on this site are an abject waste of time.

I'm happy to be a "lightweight" with simple views.

You're welcome to express your heavy weight views. In fact, I encourage it.

You're welcome to your opinion and I wouldn't really argue with your view. I'm too busy doing other things to ever become overly analytical. I rely on common sense. My common sense usually gets me through, but it may differ from yours.

Carbon dioxide tax that won't change temperatures yet is an impost on business doesn't make sense. Simple view, but I'm happy with it.

The science isn't settled. Simple view, but is stated by scientists on both sides of the fence.

There's doubt that the world is warming "dangerously". Simple view, but it's shared by many.

Multiculturism is a flawed concept that doesn't work. It encourages difference. It doesn't promote assimilation. In fact the opposite it is true. Btw, don't accuse immigration with multiculturism, as the two are not similar in any way. Simple view, but it's common sense.

Off shore processing and a hard stand, such as turning back boats stops people jumping on leaky boats. Simple view, but the facts back it up.

People that jump on leaky boats have got to safe countries already and don't have to take a perilous boat trip. Simple view, but is true.

Should we take more refugees ? Sure, but under tight control. Simple view, but the diea of protecting our borders and citizens makes sense to me.

People don't know how to merge on freeways. Not politics, but it drives me nuts. Don't they know you have to merge at speed ?

That said, I'm not sure how much depth you expect me to give or how much time you expect me to waste. I fully recognise that any contributions I make on this site are an abject waste of time.

You are good at simple.

Multiculturism is a flawed concept that doesn't work. It encourages difference. It doesn't promote assimilation. In fact the opposite is true. Btw, don't confuse immigration with multiculturism, as the two are not similar in any way. Simple view, but it's common sense.

Should we take more refugees ? Sure, but under tight control. Simple view, but the idea of protecting our borders and citizens makes sense to me.

Hannibal

I have asked this before of you but no answer. Is the science in yet on tobacco smoking and lung cancer, in your opinion?

Hannibal

I have asked this before of you but no answer. Is the science in yet on tobacco smoking and lung cancer, in your opinion?

i don't get your point hood

when i was a kid in the fifties everyone called them cancer sticks. didn't need any peer reviewed scientists to know that

they did get thalidomide wrong though for a while

Hannibal

I don't answer stupid questions that have ZERO relevance to climate change theory, especially from someone that wanted to know if our recent heatwave had caused anyone to reconsider their views on global warming.

For the record, I don't smoke.

Edited by Hannibal

You are welcome to put your views out there. The principle of freedom of speech allows you to do that. That same principle also allows others to criticize your opinions. So long as you are cool with that everything will be copacetic. If it were me however, I would want a firm grasp on the facts before I shot my mouth off and made inflammatory blanket statements. If I knew nothing about an issue, I would be less inclined to comment on it. Just me though.

Opinions can't be wrong. However, they can be less valid if they are just based on your own personal prejudices and not the facts.

As for the ABC, the post that inspired this, I'm guessing Tony Abbott wasn't as upset when they uncovered the corruption in the CFMEU? I'm guessing he was happy when both Andrew Bolt, Gerard Henderson or Piers Akerman were guests on Insiders? Hell, they allowed Bolt to storm the studio at 774 to have a second go at Stephen Mayne when he was guest hosting breakfast even after he had called in to have a crack at him live to air. I can't watch Q&A anymore due to the prevalence of 'conventional wisdom' on everything from asylum seekers to climate change.

What Abbott wants is balance for balance's sake and unfortunately two sides don't necessarily have a compelling argument and if he wants the ABC to either hire more right wing propagandists (like the ones he invited over to Kiribilli house after the election after they had done his dirty work for him) or just shut up, that reflects poorly on him. Anyway, if he wants journalism that is more his style, he can go over to channel 10 on a Sunday morning and find the greatest propagandist since Tokyo Rose.

Edited by Colin B. Flaubert

I don't answer stupid questions that have ZERO relevance to climate change theory, especially from someone that wanted to know if our recent heatwave had caused anyone to reconsider their views on global warming.

For the record, I don't smoke.

Hannibal I ask because the same denial tactics are being used in the climate debate as was used in the tobacco debate through the 60's to the 90's. the same think tanks are at work often involving the same spin doctors. It is all about vested interests with money and influence using all their powers to sow doubt, challenge scientists, and doctors at every turn to buy time for them to turn a profit.

At the moment we have huge vested interests with billions invested in coal or gas determined to sow doubt in the science at least long enough for them to get this out of the ground and sell it at a profit.

Of course the billions at stake would not lead the small number of billionaire owners to play games, no it's the peanuts in Government grants available to thousands of scientists that leads them to collaborate in a massive warmest fraud across the Globe and onto the UN.

That is why I ask such stupid questions Hannibal!!