Kennett future MelbourneFC President?

Satan

It shows our board is spineless.

"keep your eye on the red and the blue...........and white"

Fish rots at the head.

Do you think Adelaide's Board has a 'spine'? Carlton's? Essendon's? West Coast's? Or any of the other clubs who have had to introduce a new colour into the alternate strip?

The AFL requires all clubs to have an alternate strip. White was the only option for us. You'll recall, in fact, that we tried to use red instead, but the AFL stopped us. If anything, that showed the Board was trying to fight for our colours.

You really need to learn to think.

No one at this stage.

I'll make an informed decision when i see some tickets, plans, strategies, and actual confirmed candidates. Rather than an someone saying members have approached him to become president and stating the obvious like "we need a cultural change".

Personally I want someone who can work well with PJ and the AFL and focus on the debt.

PJ can focus on the FD

Experienced coach can focus on the players

AFL can help us out with tanking fine and priority picks for our list

New president/board need to focus on memberships and revenue

Right now I'm worried Jeff would want to do alot of the things his way rather than letting experienced people do their own thing - something which got us to this situation (see CS)

What about you OD?

I don,t disagree with most of what you say PJ

At present it seems we are in a deep hole.

I cannot get away from a couple of facts.

- The current board approved the reversal of CS getting flung in 2011 and then reappointing for an extra 3 years a few months back then flung him. Seems amateur hour in a big way. we are now begging the AFL to save us.

- this board has guided us to position were our team is the worst in the Comp and irrelevant to the competition.

IMO on both counts they should as a group stand down.

At this point with the exception of DM this has not happened.

They can of course hang on till the AGM in February. This would be a disaster as it would mean a bun fight until the brink of the 2014 season.

I am hoping that common sense will prevail and somewhere between now and the end of August the board stands down or call an EGM so the matter can be resolved.

It appears to me that right now we have silence from the incumbents and Jeff saying he is willing to take over.

Not a lot of information for any of us to work on.

Beyond the above I know no more than anyone else on here.

In this situation I would vote for Jeff in the absence of any other alternative to the current board but it is very early days god knows were this will end up.

Edited by old dee
  • Like 3

mind you bub, churchill turned out to be the man of the day but his adversary hitler promised more but faltered badly after getting off to an impressive start

win some, lose some

Edit: must make me a pessimistic optimist....whatever

or an opportunistic dysfunctionist :unsure::)

i think you've nailed me. now i feel naked

please...put something on... :huh:

I am lost!!!

but you will be found :)

Its all very interesting reading everyones thoughts, but what strikes me is that here is a Man putting his hand up to help.

• Like 1

Dont you know what that is ? that makes no sense.

put that extra duty thinking cap on and the joke just might....might land !!!

• Like 1

an egm would make sense. i guess the key is having an understanding of what has been presented to the afl.

as members we deserve to know what that is.

at the moment, has there been any detail of the plan released?

same goes for jeff.

words are fine, but do they have any substance?

all we've got at this point is him saying he 'wants the job' without any indication as to what he would intend to put in place.

governance is all i can recall.

and...?

• Like 1

an egm would make sense. i guess the key is having an understanding of what has been presented to the afl.

as members we deserve to know what that is.

at the moment, has there been any detail of the plan released?

same goes for jeff.

words are fine, but do they have any substance?

all we've got at this point is him saying he 'wants the job' without any indication as to what he would intend to put in place.

governance is all i can recall.

and...?

mushroomitis isnt pleasant :mellow:

I do like the idea of an EGM at the appropriate juncture

yes, there is definitely nothing more pleasurable than something at the appropriate juncture

boom tish !!!

Have to say i havent read the full previous 34 pages. But I just want to say that as a member, i would be rapt if Jeff becomes our next president. At least we will know whats going on with our club a bit more. And he will turn it around, i have no doubt. BRING IT ON!!

• Like 2

Would vote for JK purely for the fact he wants to do it!!

Not figure it out once he returns from the south of France..

Chance to change the stereotype, the culture of our club, and were turnin up our noses!!

Guarantee he would go down swinging, and fight for this club, only due to the fact he hates failure. This is a notch of the belt for JK, but if he is going to do it, he'll do it right. Get stockdale on board, and whoever else he sees fit. Don't know if he would talk with any ex-players (neitz, Schwartz, Lovett) to be his football guy, but JK is the man for us.

Gives us our balls back..

• Like 2

I know its a tad simple , but i would have thought if you were really interested, then youd be here and now. and making noises.

Aside from his ticket, I'm interested to hear more about his vision for the club. There's a lot of knockers out there regarding Jeff, but ironically, he's showing more passion and hunger than anyone to lead the club. I never voted for him during his time in office, but if he's willing to step up and help our club, I'm willing to listen. I don't see too many others stepping forward in our hour of need.

• Like 1

Well I suppose he was the person who led to the change from Flinders Park to Melbourne Park

Still dont like it

i believe Jeff when he says his main motivation is that the MFC was a once great brand that has been reduced to almost nothing, and he wants to build it back to something

to have the name of Melbourne is a privilege, and i think Jeff is a man that loves this city and the state of Victoria and he wants to see the team that represents the capital city to be strong once again

Aside from his ticket, I'm interested to hear more about his vision for the club. There's a lot of knockers out there regarding Jeff, but ironically, he's showing more passion and hunger than anyone to lead the club. I never voted for him during his time in office, but if he's willing to step up and help our club, I'm willing to listen. I don't see too many others stepping forward in our hour of need.

I'll be interested to know the full ticket, but I did find out who his major backer is today and it's not someone with footy club experience. He's another powerful and influential businessman.

He's an old Wesley Collegian, but there are an awful lot of successful ex-Wesley businessman...or so my old man tells me. :P

Scotch College.