$5 million black hole for Demons in next 2 years.

This announcement should at least highlight to you that the Coach is only part of the problem. He is a problem but he is not the whole problem.

And we wont get a high calibre coach until we have all the necessary off field issues settled (re Board, CEO and clearing the ASADA issues.

You need to get your head out of the sand if you think its a quick fix.

Firstly I didnt say it would be a quick fix RR but it will be part of the fix.

Secondly didnt realise my head was in the sand but thanks for pointing that out!

Im going to send that scum Cam Schwarb that link on twitter and give him the biggest verbal bake I have ever thrown! The guy was a sham all along! undid the work Stynes did from getting us out of debt and now he puts us back in the basket case..!

[censored]..

Guest cpfc

Im going to send that scum Cam Schwarb that link on twitter and give him the biggest verbal bake I have ever thrown! The guy was a sham all along! undid the work Stynes did from getting us out of debt and now he puts us back in the basket case..!

[censored]..

Good on you. Let him have it. Whilst he'll be walking away, no strings attached, laughing with a $250k payout.

As if he ever would have come to Melbourne, he wouldn't sign with Collingwood for money why would we be different?

Doesn't mean you don't ask the question and doesn't make it a bad idea...

How many of us think Lyon should have pursued the other Lyon, and think him derelict in his duty to select a good coach in not following up.

This is what it costs to fire people...

And get fined for a joke...

Thankfully, our AFL paratrooper is our CEO at the moment and we can get out of our current mess with the 'thumbs up' of head office.

I would not be stalking people on twitter however, Schwab didn't make this board give him another three years, he didn't create the Clusterf__k that was the Tanking Saga.

We have got so many to blame that it seems pointless to me. Just move on, accept they had the best of intentions and try to make sure we move forward with the right people and the right lessons learned.

• Like 1

<p>Firstly the $5m is a worst case scenario assuming we get rid of all the FD.</p>

<p>Now this may or may not occur. I would have thought there are still some of the FD worth keeping.</p>

<p>Neil Craig if found he has had nothing to hide in the drug investigation.</p>

<p>Dave Misson, I think is doing OK with a list that wasn't fit when he took over, he still has a long way to go.</p>

<p>Rawlings is worth hanging on to IMO.</p>

<p>If we get a new Coach he will want to bring in assistants to suit his style.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>The real financial problem falls on the shoulders of the CEO and the board.</p>

<p>They are responsible for everything. Sponsors, Membership, anything that will generate income.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>In my time as a supporter of Melbourne, I can't remember when I could say I was proud the way the "CLUB" as a business</p>

<p>were performing as an equal to any other club in the top 8.</p>

<p>Even in the late 80's early 90's when we had a very marketable playing list, they didn't take advantage of it.</p>

<p>Instead 2 years after 1994 which was our best year post 1964 that I can remember. We wanted to merge so we could get $6m gift from the AFL to pay off debts.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>That was typical of the mindset of all the boards we have had.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>That must change, and we have to get it right. The AFL may have to step in and oversee it.</p>

If each Demons member put in an extra $30 a year on top of their membership,that would give us an extra $1 Million a year.

That's about 60 cents a week.

• Like 2

I suspect the figure of $5mil has been put out there, as a shot across the bows of the SS MFC and current incumbents. It is Jackson's warning shot that significant change is imminent and some may not like it.

For those who do not believe we need to make drastic changes as soon as possible, the potential of a $5mil black hole sobers the debate somewhat.

When North interviewed Brad Scott for the job,they asked him whether he could work with Darren Crocker because they said they they didn't want to lose someone like him and Scott said yes,no problems.

We do the same and we keep Rawlings,Brown,Craig & Misson and the new coach can bring in his own midfield coach.

The right coach that wants to take on the biggest job in football will agree to that and we save big $$$.

If each Demons member put in an extra $30 a year on top of their membership,that would give us an extra $1 Million a year.

That's about 60 cents a week.

Yep it'll come down to something like this again. I'm prepared to chip in more again, and hopefully there are still enough passionate ones out there who are not totally fed up and will do the same.

Let's just hope the club does it right this time and sets us up in a way that it can sustain itself.

Someone else pointed out on another thread that it's a precarious time to do fundraising...don't want it to look like you're building a 'sack the coach' fund. Once the coaching landscape becomes clearer I'm sure we'll all be asked to chip in again...

[censored]..

Good on you. Let him have it. Whilst he'll be walking away, no strings attached, laughing with a $250k payout.

Don't be such a fool.

Schwab was appointed by Stynes and Schwab was very much part of the co ordination of the debt reduction.

Your efforts to exonerate Stynes but scapegoat Schwab are ridiculous.

I suspect the figure of $5mil has been put out there, as a shot across the bows of the SS MFC and current incumbents. It is Jackson's warning shot that significant change is imminent and some may not like it.

For those who do not believe we need to make drastic changes as soon as possible, the potential of a $5mil black hole sobers the debate somewhat.

Agree Iva. I believe it is a warning shot that the problems will not be corralled within one season. The $5million figure will vary depending on outcomes.

But the rubbish on and off the field that got us into this position will take time to resolve.

There is no doubt this calamity has burnt a large number of supporters, members and coterie type contributors. It will take much to get them back and also to encourage those not already aligned to a club to actually follow and financially support MFC.

There was a thread last year where there was lauding of the Board and the business model when we claimed a profit of 80k based on the generous FH contribution of 700k.

Those that exposed it as a house of cards and a faux indication of the financial "health" were beset upon by all and sundry with their varying degrees of financial ignorance

Members and debt reduction contributors have every right to feel cheated by incompetent rubbish that has been served up over the past 5 years.

The AFL needs to rescue this club before it inflicts any further damage on itself.

I do feel cheated.

• Like 2

Guest cpfc

Don't be such a fool.

Schwab was appointed by Stynes and Schwab was very much part of the co ordination of the debt reduction.

You are very naïve....

I do feel cheated.

You are not the only one Redleg. We share the pain.

You are very naïve....

At best you have stirred up the simpleton who wants to abuse Schwab which isn't smart or you have shown yourself to simpler than DD36. Brilliant.

You are very naïve....

How is Schwab's payout his fault?

We re-signed him, and we fired him.

It's on the Board.

Your desire to make Schwab some sort of Vaudevillian antagonist is reminiscent of Range Rover's attempts to have this place froth in a rapture against him.

Forgive me if I still think you are him and you are attempting to be some sort of Bizarro version of myself.

Don't be such a fool.

2XYUG.gif

Guest cpfc

It's on the Board.

Your desire to make Schwab some sort of Vaudevillian antagonist is reminiscent of Range Rover's attempts to have this place froth in a rapture against him.

Forgive me if I still think you are him and you are attempting to be some sort of Bizarro version of myself.

Not once did I say his payout was his fault. At the end of day he walks away, most likely happy and relieved with what he had to put up with and probably lucky he never had to do anything with the tanking saga.

Im neither a Schwab admirer or hater, but its obvious he has left a bit of a mess, not all his doing. I don't even know the bloke but apparently hes a dodgy operator. If DD wants to get something off his chest, that has nothing to do with you and its out of your control.

Sorry to disappoint you but who or what is range rover and his motive?

Im no "Bizarro version of yourself", I agree with some of what you say, however yours and Rhino Richards constant following me around with snide remarks wont be tolerated.

It's on the Board.

I'm just happy he's finally gone, should never have been back in the first place.

Unfortunately I think we will have to sell 2 NT games a year and also limit our games at the MCG. Having 13,000 turn up there is unsustainable and as much as I love watching our team play at the G I would rather give up games there to still have a team to watch. We should really push to hold games in Casey to increase our profit and also build our brand there.

Not once did I say his payout was his fault. At the end of day he walks away, most likely happy and relieved with what he had to put up with and probably lucky he never had to do anything with the tanking saga.

Im neither a Schwab admirer or hater, but its obvious he has left a bit of a mess, not all his doing. I don't even know the bloke but apparently hes a dodgy operator. If DD wants to get something off his chest, that has nothing to do with you and its out of your control.

Sorry to disappoint you but who or what is range rover and his motive?

Im no "Bizarro version of yourself", I agree with some of what you say, however yours and Rhino Richards constant following me around with snide remarks wont be tolerated.

Yeah, not buying it.

If this is how people get their kicks, who am I to give a rip?