Daisy Thomas and Neeld!

Dee1987

Neeld and Dawesy could drop round to his place for a coffee and innocent catchup with a chequebook :)

Add Leigh brown. For what it's worth, I reckon he is a pretty critical target for us. Young kids love him and he comes across as a pretty good club person. Marketability, a bit of X factor, good skills. If you have daisy Thomas and Jeremy Howe together, all of a sudden we have a couple of players young kids can get excited about watching and a bit more optimism for demonlanders!

Add Leigh brown. For what it's worth, I reckon he is a pretty critical target for us. Young kids love him and he comes across as a pretty good club person. Marketability, a bit of X factor, good skills. If you have daisy Thomas and Jeremy Howe together, all of a sudden we have a couple of players young kids can get excited about watching and a bit more optimism for demonlanders!

I think the biggest thing he would provide is an example, he would be great onfield but a bloke like evans or viney could say that's what an elite mid looks like and trains like, which i think would be huge in terms of fast tracking development of players, you look at Geelong, a young player comes in and has 6-7 250 game dual premiership players around him right away and they generally play well from the word go.

I think the biggest thing he would provide is an example, he would be great onfield but a bloke like evans or viney could say that's what an elite mid looks like and trains like, which i think would be huge in terms of fast tracking development of players, you look at Geelong, a young player comes in and has 6-7 250 game dual premiership players around him right away and they generally play well from the word go.

Exactly right. That is so obvious I forgot to add that! Getting at least one a-grade mid is vital this year. Not only does it give jones a chop out from getting the hard tag, it takes pressure off Evans, viney, toumpas and trengove so they can naturally develop instead of trying to fast track themselves. There is a lot to envy about Geelong and their club structures, I'm optimistic that we are putting similar plans in place now!

Exactly right. That is so obvious I forgot to add that! Getting at least one a-grade mid is vital this year. Not only does it give jones a chop out from getting the hard tag, it takes pressure off Evans, viney, toumpas and trengove so they can naturally develop instead of trying to fast track themselves. There is a lot to envy about Geelong and their club structures, I'm optimistic that we are putting similar plans in place now!

yes gd were on the way

now its time to focus on all the positives that seem to be getting more prevelant each week

2015 finals yahoooooo

Adam Selwood? he is past it in a big way. He'd make rodan look like the recruit of the decade

Mark LeCras wont be going anywhere IMO, but i agree he is a quality player we should atleast make a play for

Yeah, your prob right re Adam Selwood, I was severely dehydrated a couple of weeks ago & not feeling very well at all. I didn't know til about 10 days later after getting headaches, & kidney stones appearing...

But I was obviously desperate for us to get some Leadership that we do need... Carazzo's not far off the mark & would be a huge improvement as a run with Mid, but would be very hard to budge...

IF we want to throw some Big dollars at a top shelf leader, which we Need, Sam Mitchell, if we make him an offer for 3 Years that he couldn't refuse... {$M1.8 over 3}.

He would be the perfect leader/teacher of our young mids, & has the right amount of time left in him to suit our kids.

Lecras I think we could shift... if we offered a lucrative 4yr + 1 performance based contract... a Strong base rate + very good incentives... that would take him thru til he's 31...

He's the right age bracket to help us & he has the skillsets we need. 102 games @ 26+ Yrs goal kicking mid.

The convo may go something like this

Neeld: "daisy, want to come play for Melbourne?"

Daisy: "how much?"

Neeld "800k"

Dawesy: "Please come, I need some one who can kick in the midfield!!!"

Daisy: "what's your game plan Neeldy?"

Neeld: "not sure, but font worry about that, I'll prob be gone before you leave the pies."

Daisy: "I think I'll stay at Collingwood with a pay cut!"

yes gd were on the way

now its time to focus on all the positives that seem to be getting more prevelant each week

2015 finals yahoooooo

Optimism is definitely welcome after the year we've had! It would be good to see trengove, Matt jones or maybe Evans pull out a 30+ possession game (with high efficiency) this weekend to really get us excited too!

Neeld, Browny and Dawes.

The perfect trio to get Daisy to the MFC.

well he's brought Clark & Dawes to us... so far,,, and we've manged to get Hogan, Toumpas & Viney + barry to us thru some wheeling & dealing,,, not to mention MJones Terlich & Kent.

We've added some experienced players coming from Winning Cultures.

I would say we've done much better in the type of players we are now selecting,,, & they're all responding down Casey way.

.. so all we need now is for the team to start to settle,,, & to get some form & confidence going... I was more confident in the more mature team selected this week gone, re the coming performance against the Tiges. and the result was much better.... a platform to build some momentum from looking forward.

• Like 1

We need inside midfielders with grunt and pace. As good as Daisy's skills may be, he is not an inside mid and plays a sweeping role between the HB and HF arcs. Word is he won't play again this season, so he might now be chronically injury prone. Don't want to go down that path again.

There will be some kids up north who will be home sick. I would be looking more closely at them.

• Like 1

We need inside midfielders with grunt and pace. As good as Daisy's skills may be, he is not an inside mid and plays a sweeping role between the HB and HF arcs.

What? Our inside mids are fine, we stack up well in clearances and contested footy.

If anything Daisy is EXACTLY what we need for the reasons you described. We are terrible on the spread and that is where Daisy comes into his own, he always finds space and uses it beautfully and would be the perfect link man between the two arcs.

What? Our inside mids are fine, we stack up well in clearances and contested footy.

If anything Daisy is EXACTLY what we need for the reasons you described. We are terrible on the spread and that is where Daisy comes into his own, he always finds space and uses it beautfully and would be the perfect link man between the two arcs.

Yep, but we have to get it out to him first.

We need inside midfielders with grunt and pace. As good as Daisy's skills may be, he is not an inside mid and plays a sweeping role between the HB and HF arcs. Word is he won't play again this season, so he might now be chronically injury prone. Don't want to go down that path again.

There will be some kids up north who will be home sick. I would be looking more closely at them.

aahhh common sense

yes theyve earnt thier stripes at new clubs, now lets pick the eyes out of them

good recruiters will be all over them already we hope

You've not noticed that we are breaking down between the arcs on the spread? I think your post shows exactly why daisy IS what we need.

The convo may go something like this

Neeld: "daisy, want to come play for Melbourne?"

Daisy: "how much?"

Neeld "800k"

Dawesy: "Please come, I need some one who can kick in the midfield!!!"

Daisy: "what's your game plan Neeldy?"

Neeld: "not sure, but font worry about that, I'll prob be gone before you leave the pies."

Daisy: "I think I'll stay at Collingwood with a pay cut!"

if that happens.... You can kiss Dawes good bye too....

He'll get an injury til the end of his contract or til he's traded out.... Then he'll miraculously recover when at his new club....

You've not noticed that we are breaking down between the arcs on the spread? I think your post shows exactly why daisy IS what we need.

No it doesn't. We get smashed on the clearances. Sure, Daisy is a great link man, but if you are not getting the ball out to the so-called spread players, it doesn't matter how talented your link man is.

Yeah, your prob right re Adam Selwood, I was severely dehydrated a couple of weeks ago & not feeling very well at all. I didn't know til about 10 days later after getting headaches, & kidney stones appearing...

But I was obviously desperate for us to get some Leadership that we do need... Carazzo's not far off the mark & would be a huge improvement as a run with Mid, but would be very hard to budge...

IF we want to throw some Big dollars at a top shelf leader, which we Need, Sam Mitchell, if we make him an offer for 3 Years that he couldn't refuse... {$M1.8 over 3}.

He would be the perfect leader/teacher of our young mids, & has the right amount of time left in him to suit our kids.

Lecras I think we could shift... if we offered a lucrative 4yr + 1 performance based contract... a Strong base rate + very good incentives... that would take him thru til he's 31...

He's the right age bracket to help us & he has the skillsets we need. 102 games @ 26+ Yrs goal kicking mid.

Not being smart, just curious , where did you get 1.8 for three years for Mitchell from? Someone posted yesterday Wines has been offered 400k. I would have thought Mitchell would be taking home 500k already, purely a guess. For mine to shift him you would be looking at 2.4 over three. Buddy staying might help us out. Does anyone know what the current cap is and is it 44-46 players on the list. Going to do some rough(pure speculation )comparisons of other clubs. I started a thread last week about Taylor, we should have enough to make massive plays for both. Don't want to wait 5 years , a spine of Chip, Taylor , Mitchell, Dawes, Mitch would rival most other clubs. Don't want to hear about where they were born or how bad we currently are , money speaks volumes as we have found out. Edited by Al's Demons

No it doesn't. We get smashed on the clearances. Sure, Daisy is a great link man, but if you are not getting the ball out to the so-called spread players, it doesn't matter how talented your link man is.

Very harsh on Daisy here labelling him a link man.

Yes he did float across half back picking up 'cheapies' in the game a couple weeks ago where he racked up 30+ touches but there is no way in the world he is just an outside player or 'link man.'

I'd invite you all to watch the 2010 drawn final against the Saints so you can see how hard he really can be when it's required.

God I hate Dale Thomas... ranks #5 on my top 5 people I dont like list:

1. Keff Kenett
  2. Kanye West
  3. Caroline Wilson
  4. Koshie
  5. Dale Thomas

Haven't met any of them, but like a true keyboard warrior I still hate them nonetheless.

Edited by PJ_12345
  • Like 2

Yes he did float across half back picking up 'cheapies' in the game a couple weeks ago where he racked up 30+ touches but there is no way in the world he is just an outside player or 'link man.'

I'd invite you all to watch the 2010 drawn final against the Saints so you can see how hard he really can be when it's required.

If we ever make a Grannie, I would love to have him. Unfortunately, by that stage, he may be on his gold card.

1. Keff Kenett
  2. Kanye West
  3. Caroline Wilson
  4. Koshie
  5. Dale Thomas

Haven't met any of them, but like a true keyboard warrior I still hate them nonetheless.

interesting no west aussies on your list

no croweaters either

and all private schoolies are on your list

mmmmmm your a worry pj

1. Keff Kenett
  2. Kanye West
  3. Caroline Wilson
  4. Koshie
  5. Dale Thomas

No damien Barrett? haha

• Like 2

Also, I reckon even some of our guys would look good with the likes of Beams, Ball, Swan, Pendlebury, Goldsack and Welligham helping out.