Who is going to take this club by the throat?

Soidee

"Stability is the core yes"......so you want to make the Club unstable again by removing people, because in your opinion, and your opinion only, they are not the right people

I have not seen you espouse on what this 'dynamic' is, I read your posts carefully WYL, it helps me knock holes in them, only seen this today

On interpretation

My interpretations might be wrong, but I am not the only one who misinterprets, that is the point I am making, it doesn't matter what is said/written it can be interpreted a thousand ways..............that is why the modern 4th Estate is so successful at stirring [censored], a lot of what they write is full of ambiguity

When a girl rejects me and doesnt want to give me her number, youre right, I could interpret this as she thinks that I am too rediciously good looking for her... Or the fact that she is just not interested in me.

Personally I support the former, but in your argument between 'most' and 'all' you are categorically wrong.

Everyone has a different perspective, due to a number of factors I could bore you with, which in turn effect their interpretation of events. Thats fine, but there are shared 'truths', such as 'most' implies the majority (ie 7/10 board members) and 'all' implies the entirety (ie 10/10 board members).

Edited by PJ_12345
  • Like 1

I'm afraid those in charge of this club have shown they are totally incapable of getting things right. They embarrass the club, the supporters and damage the brand year in year out. The media use us as a comedy show and we are kicked in the teeth and bullied endlessly.

Is there anyone out there who can grab this mob by the throat and shake all the incompetent fools from the tree? Anyone?

Well said Yoda.

It was just an interesting observation - no president or CEO has lasted more than 5 years since our last premership. Interpret away you want!

Here is one for out of feild: Alot of people talk about organisational culture but fail to include the supporters, ie the stakeholders. You wonder what this high rate of executive turnover does to both organisational and supporter culture... particluarly the attitudes, norms and values of supporters.

i understand what you are saying, but this board has had 7 years and lots of assistance to get things right.

Do you really think they deserve another stretch?

When a girl rejects me and doesnt want to give me her number, youre right, I could interpret this as she thinks that I am too rediciously good looking for her... Or the fact that she is just not interested in me.

Surely you use this only as a theoretical example. No lady could resist that face ;)

The original point I was trying to make was to counter the inference that the present Board had stagnated, pointing out new members and new ideas had been brought in during the last five years.

if you do not understand the dynamic of a working group of people then i cannot be held responsible.

We the MFC have been anchored to the bowels of the AFL ladder since 2007..We are now into the rebuild of a rebuild and the President is making sharp remarks about cheap seat and fickle supporters.

That is a sure sign of desperation to me, but i am sure you will find the positive in the present.

• Like 1

I am expecting a white knight to surface, someone will come in and unite the club. It could be a very highly regarded, and significantly wealthy businessman who recently sold his business and I am told is considering the challenge. Time will tell.

In the language of Japanese the same word is used for disaster as opportunity. "Kiken".

IF, this is true, then the whole board would not have to be ejected, but other highly credentialed people would be welcomed I'm sure.

IMO, the biggest problem consistently, (over the last 4 Decades) is the Board's have run the MFC Too much like a business, & not enough like a footy club,,, as Barass has said.

it does not care any where near well enough for its grass roots supporters, & has no Base & no Soul. it stands for nothing & no one.

Edited by dee-luded

The original point I was trying to make was to counter the inference that the present Board had stagnated, pointing out new members and new ideas had been brought in during the last five years.

And I reckon it's a valid point. It's too soon to be judging Sugar or Geoff, but I also think 2-3 new faces in the mix would be interpreted as the club looking for the right formula for success.

We didn't lose too much sleep over saying good bye to Cale Morton who joined the club in 2008. He had 5 years to get it right and I think it's fair to say that he didn't take the next step. Should we not be judging our administration by the same standards? If we want to foster a culture of accountability and success then it works across all levels of the organization.

I am expecting a white knight to surface, someone will come in and unite the club. It could be a very highly regarded, and significantly wealthy businessman who recently sold his business and I am told is considering the challenge. Time will tell.

In the language of Japanese the same word is used for disaster as opportunity. "Kiken".

Who would this be?

And a board challenge to unify will certainly be a challenge...

Why do we have to factionalise every bloody Board election?

If you want to help lead the club out of its malaise - go and put your hand up. If you have a couple of influential people that will come with you, then great.

We do not need, nor is it stipulated anywhere that we have to spurn everyone from the Board to provide new leadership.

I happen to like the off-field direction we have moved in, and we have been able to provide the FD with more resources than ever.

We do not need a White Knight - there is no such thing in this scenario - we are all Demons and each and every one of us has to ask themselves what they can do to help the club and if one feels that the answer is to become a board member then put your hand up and get elected.

Stop looking for Knights to scorch the earth in an effort to unify - it will not.

• Like 3

We didn't lose too much sleep over saying good bye to Cale Morton who joined the club in 2008. He had 5 years to get it right and I think it's fair to say that he didn't take the next step. Should we not be judging our administration by the same standards? If we want to foster a culture of accountability and success then it works across all levels of the organization.

Agree with this paragraph 100%
  • Like 2

i understand what you are saying, but this board has had 7 years and lots of assistance to get things right.

Do you really think they deserve another stretch?

*5 years

I think they have done alot right, sure a bit wrong, but I'm happy we are debt free, I'm happy with the coach/staff choices, I'm happy eith our training facilities

I'm happy that all the players have to do is play, but I'm not happy with how they are playing

Edited by PJ_12345
  • Like 2

I thought it was the worst kept secret that Freeman was taking over, probably at the end of the year.

To be honest I think the most important thing is unity. If we are fighting against each other I'm not sure what good can come of it.

I think the current board has done a great job in the overall financial running of the club and getting us stable.

But the massive challenges remain. The first one is to make sure we get this review by Peter Jackson right and aren't afraid to implement changes. It's obvious that not only is our football department still not up to scratch but it also lacks leadership and accountability. Neeld should report to an experienced head of football or take responsibility for the entire running of the department. Which ever way you work it that person then needs to report equally to the CEO and football sub committee of the board which should be run by Greg Healy.

The second one is to get the appointment of CEO right. We need someone with smarts and the ability to plan and execute and above all complete the link between board, football department and supporters.

• Like 2

I thought it was the worst kept secret that Freeman was taking over, probably at the end of the year.

To be honest I think the most important thing is unity. If we are fighting against each other I'm not sure what good can come of it.

I think the current board has done a great job in the overall financial running of the club and getting us stable.

But the massive challenges remain. The first one is to make sure we get this review by Peter Jackson right and aren't afraid to implement changes. It's obvious that not only is our football department still not up to scratch but it also lacks leadership and accountability. Neeld should report to an experienced head of football or take responsibility for the entire running of the department. Which ever way you work it that person then needs to report equally to the CEO and football sub committee of the board which should be run by Greg Healy.

The second one is to get the appointment of CEO right. We need someone with smarts and the ability to plan and execute and above all complete the link between board, football department and supporters.

What is wrong with u TM?

You make a logical point and you are not arguing with anyone.

Do not post again!!!!!

*5 years

I think they have done alot right, sure a bit wrong, but I'm happy we are debt free, I'm happy with the coach/staff choices, I'm happy eith our training facilities

I'm happy that all the players have to do is play, but I'm not happy with how they are playing

Fair Enough. I am not as happy as you.

I think this board has had ample time to get us off the floor, The AFL continues to give us a pretty soft draw.

God help this club if we start with 4 away games!!

I can only hope that Peter Jackson comes in with the right mindset. To get the right people, and not listen to mates.

Those days are over.

Mates can still catch up in the bar.

Who would this be?

And a board challenge to unify will certainly be a challenge...

Why do we have to factionalise every bloody Board election?

If you want to help lead the club out of its malaise - go and put your hand up. If you have a couple of influential people that will come with you, then great.

We do not need, nor is it stipulated anywhere that we have to spurn everyone from the Board to provide new leadership.

I happen to like the off-field direction we have moved in, and we have been able to provide the FD with more resources than ever.

We do not need a White Knight - there is no such thing in this scenario - we are all Demons and each and every one of us has to ask themselves what they can do to help the club and if one feels that the answer is to become a board member then put your hand up and get elected.

Stop looking for Knights to scorch the earth in an effort to unify - it will not.

HaHaHa well written, common sense may yet prevail.

.... too many Cook's, spoil the broth, we only need One.

Great points, but a few things I'd like to have answered...

The review by Jackson is obviously critical. Did the club not have an internal review a few years ago and fail to respond to what they heard because they didn't like it? I genuinely believe that this is a large part of the culture issues at the club. You can't ask for honest feedback and then turn your back on it when it comes. It creates enormous disunity.

I don't think Neeld should take responsibility for the football department in it's entirety. I think the current structure creates more accountability and allows for greater checks and balances.

Couldn't agree with you more on the CEO position. It's obvious our current board relied very heavily on CS's word and although I acknowledge he was part of a great success in wiping the clubs debt they made a huge error in extending his contract given the clubs financial position (wafer thin profit in 2012) and the impending investigation (that well and truly pushed us into the red).

• Like 1

Fair Enough. I am not as happy as you.

I think this board has had ample time to get us off the floor, The AFL continues to give us a pretty soft draw.

God help this club if we start with 4 away games!!

I can only hope that Peter Jackson comes in with the right mindset. To get the right people, and not listen to mates.

Those days are over.

Mates can still catch up in the bar.

If we are to be changed WYL, I'd rather having to wear a red sash, than a Yella one.

steady as she goes WYL, & don't thrown the baby out within the bathwater.

Edited by dee-luded

If we ware to be changed WYL, I'd rather having to wear a red sash, than a Yella one.

steady as she goes WYL, & don't thrown the baby out within the bathwater.

Steady as she goes?

Cripes we have lurched from one crisis to the next followed by disaster.

We are so far off steady!!!

• Like 1

Steady as she goes?

the inquisition was not our doing & we were scapegoated, with a caveat I suspect. thanks Colonel Klink.

then the drugs in sport, come off it... every club thru one chemist or another has used "Supplements" since the 70's... it's only that we haven't until now, & we would still be a small bit player, compered to those who would be quaking about now.

crisis to crisis? invented by vexatious others outside our club, who want to bang us up because we have started to clean out the dead wood, & the cobwebs, & some have vindictiveness in their hearts.

this is not the fault of those who are doing the cleanout....

So some supporters are stressed & angry by the media stories about us over the last 8 months, which have originated from scorned individuals,,, so many here want to then attack our own club, rather than the origins of the Vindictive acts???

You know, the Days start getting longer from June 22.

• Like 2

Steady as she goes?

In your rather jaundiced opinion, I supposed you expected the AFL to order us to either amalgamate with another Club or move interstate by now, you seem to hold more stead in what comes out of AFL HQ rather than your own Club, rather said state of affairs, sorry forgot and whatever Caroline Wilson deems as the truth as well

the inquisition was not our doing & we were scapegoated, with a caveat I suspect. thanks Colonel Klink.

then the drugs in sport, come off it... every club thru one chemist or another has used "Supplements" since the 70's... it's only that we haven't until now, & we would still be a small bit player, compered to those who would be quaking about now.

crisis to crisis? invented by vexatious others outside our club, who want to bang us up because we have started to clean out the dead wood, & the cobwebs, & some have vindictiveness in their hearts.

this is not the fault of those who are doing the cleanout....

So some supporters are stressed & angry by the media stories about us over the last 8 months, which have originated from scorned individuals,,, so many here want to then attack our own club, rather than the origins of the Vindictive acts???

You know, the Days start getting longer from June 22.

i am amazed this attitude is still prevelent within our supporter base.

As if all that has gone on over the last 6 years has been beyond our control.

Meanwhile other clubs just power on.

And people tell me to pull my head in because of my attitude. It's laughable.

The MFC put itself where it is & the sooner that is acknowledged the better.

i am amazed this attitude is still prevelent within our supporter base.

As if all that has gone on over the last 6 years has been beyond our control.

Meanwhile other clubs just power on.

And people tell me to pull my head in because of my attitude. It's laughable.

The MFC put itself where it is & the sooner that is acknowledged the better.

the managing of the club has been changed WYL over the last couple of years.

did you notice my last comment?