Changes for Round 4 vs. GWS

Watts on Cameron? Cameron is out of form, Watts would allow him to take 12 marks. If Watts comes back into this team without spending a single day working on his fatal flaws, then this footy department can get [censored]. Out: Jamar, Bail, DaveyIn: Gawn, Kent, Blease (or Hogan in Troy Davis' jumper?)Blease may not have completely earned a recall, but his pace will be usefull off the leash against an inexperienced side.

isn't the point of playing watts in defence to educate him?

Whats he going to learn playing as a loose man picking up cheap kicks accross half back?

Personally i would've had him play on darling yesterday for the same reasons.

OUT- Jamar, Toumpas, Pederson

IN - Gawn, Kent, Watts

Only keeping Sellar in as ruck backup for Gawn.

Really surprised people are calling for Davey to be dropped, wondering if you've all actually watched the game?!

Davey was good when he got it, besides a missed shot for goal which he then made up for. And he even chased a bit. But his little girly arm tackles are almost cardinal sins. If he was to be dropped I wouldn't be disappointed. Playing Blease, Tapscott and Bail makes more sense at this stage of our development but I think Blease needs another week in the 2's.

isn't the point of playing watts in defence to educate him?

Whats he going to learn playing as a loose man picking up cheap kicks accross half back?

Personally i would've had him play on darling yesterday for the same reasons.

Darling would of kicked 15. If he's going to play as a defender give him a match up he can work with. He has absolutely none of the physicality or defensive skill required for those blokes. I like the theory but Hill or LeCras yesterday or a medium forward from GWS would be a better starting point. We can dress it up all we want but Watts will never be a key position player so lets develop him on flanker types for now.

Davey was good when he got it, besides a missed shot for goal which he then made up for. And he even chased a bit. But his little girly arm tackles are almost cardinal sins. If he was to be dropped I wouldn't be disappointed. Playing Blease, Tapscott and Bail makes more sense at this stage of our development but I think Blease needs another week in the 2's.

If we dropped 10 players maybe Davey would be amongst them, but I would be playing those who earn a spot and I think he earned another game after yesterday. I'd drop Byrnes before Davey at this stage.

• Like 3

Darling would of kicked 15. If he's going to play as a defender give him a match up he can work with. He has absolutely none of the physicality or defensive skill required for those blokes. I like the theory but Hill or LeCras yesterday or a medium forward from GWS would be a better starting point. We can dress it up all we want but Watts will never be a key position player so lets develop him on flanker types for now.

i willingly concede that he is lacking in physical strength but his pace advantage is such that he shouldn't get beaten on the lead.

Le cras is a special beast and i dont think gws have a "like" player.

I am just sick of him being unaccountable.

set him a task in black and white so that during the review there are no more excuses

is it time to send Watts back forward - you could kick lots of goals without your opponent nearby

Is it time to tell Watts that he will no longer get games because he has potential or is a No.1 pick?

I think our main problem is aggression/desire and if we continue to gift games to players like Watts then we will never fix that problem.

Send him to Casey until he shows/finds some aggression.

Watts was dropped for poor form, was told he didn't play seconds due to the location of the game. So why would he come back into the side?? This was meant to be a breakout year. Whether he plays back or forward he needs to learn to be accountable. With Hogan coming in next year I would think Neeld has no plans to move him forward, yet can't get a kick as a loose defender. To be put on trade table and we all move on.

OUT:

Toumpas. Needs find some footy and some form

Pedersen. He is a huge bloke and yet never impacts an actual contest.

Jamar. My goodness what has happened to his marking ability?

One of Garland or Frawley.

IN;

McKenzie

Gawn.

Strauss.

Kent

I can't wait until Dawes is ready to go.

Bail returned to the ground in the last quarter so is eligible to play.

Are Thynan, Taggert or Davis ready to play? If Davis could kick he would be a definite starter.

Out: Toumpas, Jamar, Sellar

In: Gawn, Kent, Blease/Watts

Watts might get a game in that a game against GWS might help him get his confidence back more than a game for Casey where he knows he's missing the GWS game (just a thought).

Sellar has to go, adding nothing right now. We also need to decide if he's a forward or back, as this continual shuffling of him up and down does nothing for his development.

Jamar has to go, Gawn deserves his spot. Toumpas needs to go back to Casey and work on all the things he's learnt he needs to improve. Kent seems to have deserved a call-up.

Would like to see Magner get a game but he can't play until we get an LTI, or mid-year.

For the love of god play Watts.

Pick him at centre half forward and leave him there. You never know, he might actually get some confidence. I am so sick of reading the articles from the likes of Darcy & Lloyd about how "he should be all Australian - but not at Melbourne" - Darcy or "I hope he goes to Carlton or Collingwood and is a star" - Lloyd

In - Watts, Gawn, Strauss, McKenzie (if fit)

Out - Pederson, Toumpas Jamar, Byrnes

Out:

Pederson (just not doing it for me at the moment)

Sellar (worst AFL player i've seen to be honest)

Jamar (shower of a football player now, had enough of his crap)

Brynes (needs a week off and a good game in the VFL)

In:

Dean Kent (love the kid, give him a run)

Spencer (at least he players with some real passion)

Watts (get him in for gods sake!)

Mckenzie (love him)

Sub: Kent

Stop with the constant talls and get onto moving the ball with aggression and quickly.

Loved Evans last week and we need to serious ball movement to keep on going.

Out: Toumpas, Jamar, Sellar

In: Gawn, Kent, Blease/Watts

Watts might get a game in that a game against GWS might help him get his confidence back more than a game for Casey where he knows he's missing the GWS game (just a thought).

Sellar has to go, adding nothing right now. We also need to decide if he's a forward or back, as this continual shuffling of him up and down does nothing for his development.

Jamar has to go, Gawn deserves his spot. Toumpas needs to go back to Casey and work on all the things he's learnt he needs to improve. Kent seems to have deserved a call-up.

Would like to see Magner get a game but he can't play until we get an LTI, or mid-year.

Spot on summary. If Bail can't get up, Blease as sub. + Watts?

IN: Gawn, Strauss

OUT: Sellar, Toumpas

FB: Frawley, McDonald, Terlich

HB: Howe, Pedersen, Strauss

C: M. Jones, N. Jones, Bail

HF: Trengove, Clark, Tapscott

FF: Garland, Jamar, Byrnes

FOLL: Gawn, Sylvia, Viney

INT: Evans, Grimes, Jetta

SUB: Davey

EMERG: Blease, Kent, Sellar

Gawn comes in to play as our no 1 ruck. As Jamar has a year deal and we need to figure out what to do with him, he gets the no 2 ruck role and tried deep forward.

Strauss goes onto half back to give us another good distributer back there and I'd move Howe back there also to help us with some run.

Garland up forward as he's been out of form down back and I'd like to see a bit more from Blease and Watts before getting back in. Kent is very close.

Toumpas misses out as has been discussed, he needs some time at Casey to get some form and Sellar has had very little impact so far.

Am I the only one who doesn't mind Sellar as a defender? Has good size, seems to be fairly competitive 1 on 1 and decision making/disposal are ok? On current form, I'd back him to be able to restrict his opponent much better than Frawley/Garland are.

• Like 3

Out: Toumpas - In: Kent

Out: Pederson - In: Watts (hes had a week to freshen up pyscially and mentally- now get him back in the ring)

Also maybe Blease in, surely we need him in and reproducing last years form late in year.

As for Gawn, clearly doing well in VFL, but he has played 2 games in over 12mths, so I wouldnt rush him.

He likes to tackle from behind

IN: Gawn, Strauss, Kent

OUT: Pederson, Toumpas, Byrnes

HB: Garland, Sellar, Strauss

FF: Howe, Jamar, Davey

SUB: Kent

EMERG: Blease, Byrnes Pederson

I have adopted the idea of having Jamar at full-forward this weekend [as suggested above by 'Tall Defence']

IN: Gawn, Strauss, Kent

OUT: Pederson, Toumpas, Byrnes

HB: Garland, Sellar, Strauss

SUB: Kent

I have adopted the idea of having Jamar at full-forward this weekend [as suggested above by 'Tall Defence']

On second thoughts, I think I would like to bring back Watts and drop Garland this week. I definetly would like to see Gawn and Kent have a run against GWS.

Revised line-up below:

IN: Gawn, Strauss, Kent, Watts

OUT: Pederson, Toumpas, Byrnes, Garland

HB: Watts, Sellar, Strauss

INT: Evans, Grimes, Kent

SUB: Jetta