• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

What happens if we lose to GWS?

The HuLK

Nutbean a good coach devises a game plan that suits his particular group of players best which includes fitness levels, skill of players etc

An inexperienced coach puts a game plan in place which doesn't suit the players he has at his disposal and hence you get huge score blowouts in Neeld's case the worst result by a demon side in 150 years of footy

• Like 2

Nutbean a good coach devises a game plan that suits his particular group of players best which includes fitness levels, skill of players etc

And if they don't (yet) have the skills or fitness (and I'd throw into that, experience)?

Bing if the team doesn't have the skills, fitness or experience to employ the game plan devised by Neeld you have score blowouts which loses sponsors, junior supporters and time allocated on free to air TV.

If we continue with Neeld their is a really strong case we could lose Frawley, Watts and Sylvia at years end without seeing what a new experienced coach could get out of them

Its about time we employed an experienced coach who has won a premiership to give our supporters some hope

an experienced coach was what I thought they were after in the first place..so what happened? too much money, no one interested?

A question to fellow Demons if we could have one of the following premiership coaches to replace Neeld would you want it

Sheedy

Mark Williams

Paul Roos

Leigh Matthews

Our Board must pursue a new coach otherwise they are derelict in their duties.

It doesn't matter if we beat GWS or not it's time our club got fair dinkum

I'd have sheedy or Williams, both plenty of experience, I hear Williams is good with the young talent and sheedy wouldn't take any crap

I'd have sheedy or Williams, both plenty of experience, I hear Williams is good with the young talent and sheedy wouldn't take any crap

I like your thoughts Williams won a premeirship at Port Adelaide with plenty of critism of his actions yet still suceeeded

He also has plenty of passion

Jumbo what a load of crap you stated - every point you put down can be improved by a new coach who the players respect and want to play for.

From your opinions it seems you know very llittle about how a change of coach can quickly change things around current example Port Adelaide Past Example Daniher at Melbourne

DFW, I won't respond as rudely as you, but I'm happy to debate your comment.

There are a core group of players at the club who want to succeed, are happy to be challenged and realise the urgency of what it takes to be an AFL footballer.

They have been CHALLENGED by the coach (es), fitness staff, their peers and they have an altruistic desire to succeed.

The AFL environ is tough and most of our players need a wake up call.

Neeld is measured, articulate and has a burning desire to succeed with everyone around him.

FWIW, Port's list is very good and they recruited very well over the pre-season. Their better players have come back after injury.

Neale Daniher's list was ready to go.....

• Like 4

DFW, I won't respond as rudely as you, but I'm happy to debate your comment.

There are a core group of players at the club who want to succeed, are happy to be challenged and realise the urgency of what it takes to be an AFL footballer.

They have been CHALLENGED by the coach (es), fitness staff, their peers and they have an altruistic desire to succeed.

The AFL environ is tough and most of our players need a wake up call.

Neeld is measured, articulate and has a burning desire to succeed with everyone around him.

FWIW, Port's list is very good and they recruited very well over the pre-season. Their better players have come back after injury.

Neale Daniher's list was ready to go.....

Jumbo sorry for being rude but your post was ordinary

Neeld has not made one improvement to our on field performance we have gone backwards his time is finished.

Now on a more positive thought pattern what do you think of Mark Williams as our next coach as he is gettable

Since when is winning against GWS going to mean Neeld keeps his job for 2014?

We cannot get one of those coaches during the year, so Neeld gets the bulk of this season to salvage something or he is gone.

Just because MFC fans do not think Neeld should be dismissed now does not mean that they don't think there should be a reassessment later in the year.

• Like 1

Jumbo sorry for being rude but your post was ordinary

Neeld has not made one improvement to our on field performance we have gone backwards his time is finished.

Now on a more positive thought pattern what do you think of Mark Williams as our next coach as he is gettable

DFW, no need to apologise, you're a passionate Dee's supporter and I respect and admire this.

I'm hurting just like you.

Footy doesn't dominate my life, but I hate seeing my side getting punched up every week.

I believe that Mark Neeld's position needs to be reviewed at the end of the year, under due process, as every professional organisation needs to do. Further, the playing list should not escape this scrutiny either.

Mark Williams, in my opinion, is finished as an AFL coach. I'm not convinced that his time at GWS worked.

If (and that's a big if) Neeld gets replaced, I'd prefer a coach that has been out of the game for only a short time.

Pass on Mark Williams,Kevin Sheedy,Leigh Matthews and Rodney Eade.

The only two coaches that would work with this team is Bomber Thompson and Paul Roos and the former would be my pick.

Only problem with Bomber is he earns more as an assistant at Essendon than Neeld does at Melbourne.

He's the perfect age at 47,a dual premiership coach and no nonsense,he'd soon sort out our Peahearts.

We'd have to pay $1M/year plus his assistants and then pay Neeld out and we'd be stuffed financially again.

Scarlett,Ling and Mooney would be the 3 line coaches.

Hmmm,it's nice to dream!

Pass on Mark Williams,Kevin Sheedy,Leigh Matthews and Rodney Eade.

The only two coaches that would work with this team is Bomber Thompson and Paul Roos and the former would be my pick.

Only problem with Bomber is he earns more as an assistant at Essendon than Neeld does at Melbourne.

He's the perfect age at 47,a dual premiership coach and no nonsense,he'd soon sort out our Peahearts.

We'd have to pay $1M/year plus his assistants and then pay Neeld out and we'd be stuffed financially again.

Scarlett,Ling and Mooney would be the 3 line coaches.

Hmmm,it's nice to dream!

Now, that's a nice trifecta.

But, for now, Neeld must stay.

I'd be throwing coin at Ling to be an assistant for next year.

Gary Ayres for me. Had AFL and VFL coaching experience and a 5 time premiership player. I don't know why teams overlook this guy because he's been to the well and back many times over. I reckon the players could really play for him.

Coached 116 games at Geelong for 65 wins and 107 at the Crows for 55 wins.

Coached Port Melbourne to the premieship in 2011.

A very mature coach who would have lots of contacts.

• Like 2

Jumbo why cant you make sense of a situation like weedster

Dont be worried about what it will do to the club if we get rid of him be more concerned what financial shape our club will be in with sponsors, memberships for 2014, players leaving such as Frawley, Slyvia and Watts.

We need a top line experienced premiership coach now stop trying to save a coach who has been totally useless and lets get rid of him before the club we all love sinks into such a mess that it cannot be saved.

Yeah, great. Can't get one of those till September/October.

So how many months of caretaker do we want?

Yeah, great. Can't get one of those till September/October.

So how many months of caretaker do we want?

If we go caretaker we can openly start to chase a new coach. We can stitch one up ASAP - existing assistant coach or premiership coach in the media - the only attractive candidate truly unavailable is Clarkson. A lot of key list management decisions including free agancy targets in and out start getting made very soon. There's a lot more wasted time whne the new coach comes on in September than there there is with a long care-taker experience. If we're done with Neeld then a quick kill is best.

Bring back Dean Bailey

[/troll post]

It is funny though, downhill skiing (like we did under Bailey) might not have been such a bad gameplan approach for a young and developing team after all; kicking goals builds confidence and instills belief. Learn how to do that first and then learn how to apply defensive pressure and you have the makings of a premiership team - Footy accoridng to Dean Bailey, and perhaps Matt Knights, even Brad Scott think likewise. I think Woosha did the same at the eagles back in ’02 as well.

Somehow the playing group need to get some real belief back. A win against GWS might help. I'm sure Neeld is trying to find out what he needs to do to help in this dept, becasue the clock is ticking on his coaching career if the team continues to get thrashed. Last year all we heard about was teaching the blokes to defend and be hard to play against and fast forward to 2013 we're the exact opposite!