A CLUB IN CRISIS ... THE AFL MUST STEP IN

Range Rover

Our list management has been dreadful both on and off the field, we've bowed to pressure and given extended contracts to players who were just about done, or maybe had a couple of years left at best, and now we've given a three year contract to our CEO when a one or two would have been more appropriate. I'd really like to know what was behind that decision; it wasn't as if he was going anywhere.

We can't find it in ourselves to give our skipper a one year contract even though he was close to best on ground in his last game but are prepared to offer a player like Jamar a 3 year contract, at age 29 when he has really only had one and a half good years out of 10.

• Like 1

We are not in crisis,we are doing well financially and better than some other clubs.

We have a coach who has a gameplan that our players aren't buying.The players aren't stupid,they know which teams' gameplans work and that ours doesn't.This 5 metre zoning is crap.

JT had a great debut season,playing with confidence and flair and Neeld coached it out of him and he's shot mentally.

Beamer's style didn't suit Neeld's gameplan,well we'd be a better team with Beamer's big body around the stoppages,feeding it out to our runners.

Stef Martin is a B grader who's been replaced by D graders in Pederson,Gillies and Sellar---Stef is a better footballer than all 3.

In all my years watching this great game,i've never seen a club come out of this with the same coach,it won't turn around with Neeld's gameplan that the players aren't buying.

A thumping by the Eagles and a loss to the Giants and Neeld's gone.

Jack & Jimmy don't need too much more of this crap.

• Like 2

Our list management has been dreadful both on and off the field, we've bowed to pressure and given extended contracts to players who were just about done, or maybe had a couple of years left at best, and now we've given a three year contract to our CEO when a one or two would have been more appropriate. I'd really like to know what was behind that decision; it wasn't as if he was going anywhere.

We can't find it in ourselves to give our skipper a one year contract even though he was close to best on ground in his last game but are prepared to offer a player like Jamar a 3 year contract, at age 29 when he has really only had one and a half good years out of 10.

Great to see you have finally seen the light RF.

Edited by mjt

What a load of media driven shisen this "club in crisis" crud is. Two weeks ago we were enjoying our best pre-season in years with BP and increased levels reached across the board. Two weeks later after two woeful losses, "we are in crisis"? WTF

We were never going to beat the Dons and gelling half a dozen new players into a team that only won four games last season will take time. And guess what, it is taking time!

I'm glad there are wiser heads running our club than those that buy into and fan the "club in crisis" line.

Your in denial, they lost by 25 goals, theres no wise heads running the club.

Interesting comment below the Neil Mitchell article by 'Mark Jenkins Monday 8 April, 2013 - 2:30 PM'. An angle not discussed much as yet around the MCC assuming control of the football club...Mark Jenkins has some major history with the club as a former director during the Gutnik times...

What made me stop and think about it when I read the comment is that in the MCC we have a strong organisation that is very rarely pushed around...characteristics that the football club could certainly use.

I know the majority of supporters are more keen to see us cut ties with the MCC than become more aligned to them...but if it were something that could strengthen the long term future of our ailing club it would have to be looked at wouldn't it??

Your in denial, they lost by 25 goals, theres no wise heads running the club.

The Henny Penny's running around saying sack the ... get the AFL in, smell of death... etc, are yet to offer a coherent set of solutions to turn this around. we have set out on a path articulated by the FD and signed onto by the board. Current data (25 goal loss) is telling us that

1. we still have a way to go before this plan bears fruit, or
  2. we have the wrong plan.

I prefer to believe and have faith in the FD and board to lead us out of the wilderness i.e. option 1. However, if as many here would argue we are looking at Option 2 then we need a new plan as ditching the current plan won't solve anything unless we can come up with a better plan...

• Like 1

Nope, dont want the AFL to take over.

would be akin to throwing in the towel, and very embarrissing .

We will get through it.

Hang on.....I'll just go out the back to the CEO tree and pick a good one for us.....Oh..then I will go the the board tree and find a new board who are willing to spend hour and hours of un paid work......Then to the coach tree and again pick a goodun

See it's all fixed now...except the player tree...Sh!t I cut that down as it was ruining my view.....

Hang on.....I'll just go out the back to the CEO tree and pick a good one for us.....Oh..then I will go the the board tree and find a new board who are willing to spend hour and hours of un paid work......Then to the coach tree and again pick a goodun

See it's all fixed now...except the player tree...Sh!t I cut that down as it was ruining my view.....

Can you go back out and see if there's a quality midfield tree? Pick a couple of ripe ones.

• Like 2

What you describe is what I thought the Andrews report was doing.

The report that the admin obviously didn't like so they locked it away and made sure we never found out its contents

Exactly and the Board and CEO continue to lie to the supporters about the findings and what is really wrong with the club reflected in appalling onfield performances

The admin was canned in the report what other conclusion could be drawn

Exactly and the Board and CEO continue to lie to the supporters about the findings and what is really wrong with the club reflected in appalling onfield performances

The admin was canned in the report what other conclusion could be drawn

None of us have seen the Andrew's report. As such, you aren't in a position to say whether or not the Board and CEO have lied, or what conclusions could be drawn.

FWIW, my understanding was that the Andrew's report WAS used as the basis to many of the changes in the FD/Admin structure and personnel at the end of 2011. If anyone has any (real) info to the contrary, I'd be interested to see it.

If someone from the afl did step in, they need to speak to two or three player leaders only.

Jones, Grimes and Trenners and ask them one question.

Is this just a form issue, due to fitness, or inexperience, or is there something else going on behind the scenes that is fuelling these below standard performances?

Edited by DeeZee
  • Like 1

Interesting comment below the Neil Mitchell article by 'Mark Jenkins Monday 8 April, 2013 - 2:30 PM'. An angle not discussed much as yet around the MCC assuming control of the football club...Mark Jenkins has some major history with the club as a former director during the Gutnik times...

What made me stop and think about it when I read the comment is that in the MCC we have a strong organisation that is very rarely pushed around...characteristics that the football club could certainly use.

I know the majority of supporters are more keen to see us cut ties with the MCC than become more aligned to them...but if it were something that could strengthen the long term future of our ailing club it would have to be looked at wouldn't it??

It must be explored.

I would like the MCC to administer our club. Let us train at the g and give us our home again.

Without our home to train on, the future does look weak.

Great to see you have finally seen the light RF.

In what respect? If you are talking about Schwab I simply believe that in this industry you don't give long contracts unless the person is doing a brilliant job and is being approached by others. I don't know what sort of job he's doing, do you?

If you're talking about the footballers, which I assume you're not, then my attitude hasn't changed.